Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

The officer who fired the shot was on "60 Minutes" tonight.

The key to her argument looks like it will be that she felt his left hand was reaching through the window which caused her to fear he was going to reach for a gun.

While it's been a while since we discussed this I'm pretty sure there was an enhanced picture that showed the window up with Crutcher's blood sprayed on it. If my memory is correct then that's going to be a tough sell.

Could be, but could she tell that it was up at the time? Most officers are trained to pay close attention to hands, because those are what will get you killed.

With that said I thought she had acknowledged it was a sympathetic fire after the tazer had been deployed by another officer on scene?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, but could she tell that it was up at the time? Most officers are trained to pay close attention to hands, because those are what will get you killed.

With that said I thought she had acknowledged it was a sympathetic fire after the tazer had been deployed by another officer on scene?

The defense is definitely going to focus on the left hand supposedly dropping ( "supposedly" because you can't tell from the video). The prosecutor is going to focus on the window supposedly being up and the fact that the officer had already checked the vehicle (if we assume reports are true).

If the defense attorney can get enough to say "yeah, maybe that hand was moving" then the officer could be safe.

Note: in the interview last night she said she shot in order to protect herself. She did not say anything about shooting because of the taser.

• 1 month later...
I read that the window was actually down is that true?

NOT GUILTY

I'm surprised.

They said there was expert testimony that supported the use of deadly force.

With that said, I'm also surprised to an extent. Seemed like a sympathetic gunfire situation, perhaps it was. I guess we will find out in the coming days.

They said there was expert testimony that supported the use of deadly force.

With that said, I'm also surprised to an extent. Seemed like a sympathetic gunfire situation, perhaps it was. I guess we will find out in the coming days.

I dont know many facts about the case. Just surprised anytime a police officer on trial is found not guilty, i guess.

I dont know many facts about the case. Just surprised anytime a police officer on trial is found not guilty, i guess.

You're surprised when an officer is found "not guilty?"

How many guiltys have there been recently?