Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Featured Replies

We agree.

 

So let's stop talking about "if he would have....." It's irrelevant. He either made a move to give her a legit reason or he didn't.

 

I thought you were posing possible scenarios in post #506. I'll rephrase the question. Is there any testimony that may come forward that would exonerate officer Shelby? If your answer is yes then we agree.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought you were posing possible scenarios in post #506. I'll rephrase the question. Is there any testimony that may come forward that would exonerate officer Shelby? If your answer is yes then we agree.

 

If in a court of law she's found not guilty, I'm good with that.

 

I trust in our justice system (in most cases) and will almost always accept their rulings.

If in a court of law she's found not guilty, I'm good with that.

 

I trust in our justice system (in most cases) and will almost always accept their rulings.

 

I tend to be the same way. If the evidence validates her guilt, I'll be the first to support her punishment.

I thought you were posing possible scenarios in post #506. I'll rephrase the question. Is there any testimony that may come forward that would exonerate officer Shelby? If your answer is yes then we agree.

 

And what about the real life scenario that the officer next to her used a taser to subdue the subject and she used her gun?

Regarding the "he didn't obey commands/he's not the good guy everyone says" comments:

 

Let's say the guy did/said the following to the officer.

 

1. Said "screw" you or some form of that sentiment when she told him to do something

2. Called her the ultimate 4-letter female pejorative

3. Told him what she could do to him sexually

4. Spit on her

5. Told her he was going to kill her after he got out of jail

 

but

 

6. kept his hands on the closed window

 

Do 1 through 5 give her enough justification to shoot him?

 

Just my opinion-

None of the above should result in a shooting but walking toward the car does escalate the situation to the point where the officer needs to be ready to shoot to defend herself. Every step he takes toward the car puts his life in greater danger. Whether the window is up or down, proximity to the unknown of what may be in that car coupled with a refusal to comply justifies strong consideration for use of deadly force.

And what about the real life scenario that the officer next to her used a taser to subdue the subject and she used her gun?

 

The autopsy could be interesting. Taser combined with PCP (if in fact he was on it) could be a part of the issue in conjunction of the gun? Could other cop get charged as well? Get shot and you bleed, get hit with a taser and it makes your heart pump faster I'm guessing? All hypothetical, but who knows???

The autopsy could be interesting. Taser combined with PCP (if in fact he was on it) could be a part of the issue in conjunction of the gun? Could other cop get charged as well? Get shot and you bleed, get hit with a taser and it makes your heart pump faster I'm guessing? All hypothetical, but who knows???

 

Who needs a hypothetical? One cop used a taser. The other used a gun.

Who needs a hypothetical? One cop used a taser. The other used a gun.

 

So could the other cop get charged as well?

So could the other cop get charged as well?

 

Charge him with what?

And what about the real life scenario that the officer next to her used a taser to subdue the subject and she used her gun?

I am really not sure about procedure in these incidents. Rocket28 commented that typically you wouldn't want everyone to have a taser. I believe that one officer was was not brandishing his firearm or taser. The fact that both officers fire nearly at the same time tells me that they saw something concerning enough to react. Testimony from the other officers could ultimately decide Shelbys fate.

 

PP92, could their be any testimony that would exonerate Shelby in your opinion?

I am really not sure about procedure in these incidents. Rocket28 commented that typically you wouldn't want everyone to have a taser. I believe that one officer was was not brandishing his firearm or taser. The fact that both officers fire nearly at the same time tells me that they saw something concerning enough to react. Testimony from the other officers could ultimately decide Shelbys fate.

 

PP92, could their be any testimony that would exonerate Shelby in your opinion?

 

Of course. I honestly don't expect to ever see her sent to prison for this. I don't know enough to say if she should or shouldn't be sent to prison. I can only say how things look to me and that doesn't count for anything.

So could the other cop get charged as well?

 

Not likely, I'd say his departments policy would likely authorize use of the taser under those circumstances. However that all depends on exactly what happened up to that moment.

Regarding the "he didn't obey commands/he's not the good guy everyone says" comments:

 

Let's say the guy did/said the following to the officer.

 

1. Said "screw" you or some form of that sentiment when she told him to do something

2. Called her the ultimate 4-letter female pejorative

3. Told him what she could do to him sexually

4. Spit on her

5. Told her he was going to kill her after he got out of jail

 

but

 

6. kept his hands on the closed window

 

Do 1 through 5 give her enough justification to shoot him?

 

#5 sure does.

So could the other cop get charged as well?

 

Yes.

  • Author
#5 sure does.

 

Zero chance she stays out of jail if that's why she fired.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.