Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FanofMany33

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FanofMany33

  1. He used to be Jag! Love this kid and the family. Have a great healthy season Little McGinnis
  2. As corny as it may sound to others. I'm with you there. No better example than Coach Sullivan at Cooper. He builds players and (family)relationships that carry on well past graduation.
  3. Again, the purpose of the thread is being missed. The actual transfer/relocate is not in question. It is a "what if" they had played for schools they were intended to play for before the fact, could those teams have been any better? And who are some of the players that I missed?
  4. Correct, they moved to attend Cov Cath. Good Decision for the family.
  5. Correct. This is just a question of kids that were at one time in line to attend a specific high school or started at a school and moved. This isn't finger pointing, just a question of which football program could have been better without the transfers/relocations.
  6. As we always look at schools that receive transfer kids coming in, it would be interesting to know which NKY school has had the most productive players to transfer/relocate "out" in the last 3 to 4 years? I think Conner, Cooper and Ryle all have impact productive players that could be in their program, but legally opted out. Conner: Elijah Mckinney (Beechwood) Backup QB,WR to Padgett (can't recall the name) Ryle : Dante Hendrix (Cooper) : Joshua Davis (Scott County) Cooper: Cameron Butler (Cov Cath) Ryan McGinnis (Cov Cath) Casey McGinnis (Coc Cath) Michael Spencer (Cov Cath) Jackson High (Ryle) Byron Brown (Maryville) Boone: Justin Schlarman (Cooper) I know I am missing many, but this is just a few I know of. These kids mentioned alone, could help any program be a dominant contender for the big school Title, if all were on the same team.
  7. It would be a shame not to use him at receiver. He could easily be in the 1 spot on either side of the ball. Most electric receiver in the area by far if not the state.
  8. Of course, the cake eaters just got a taste of humble pie!
  9. Part of the norm for NKY is a team that can win, but does not quite have it to win or compete for the final State game every other year. Highlands has by far recently been the most dominant NKY team that gets to the final game. If I'm wrong on that, prove it. So yes, they are now becoming part of the norm. 1,2 maybe 3 deep in the playoffs for the next few years. with this years record, I don't see them competing for a State title soon. Prove me wrong next year, because this year is in the books.
  10. I don't think you can convey the recent demise in power at Highlands to the kids alone. This goes to show how important a good head coach and staff is to any high school program. You just can't replace a Dale Mueller and expect to continue the dominance. Tough year for the Birds and what comes in the future depends on the development of a TOP notch staff that can continue to bring in and coach the playmakers to do what they have always done. Don't hang your heads Birds. You are now a part of the norm of Ky football..
  11. I came to this game knowing that if Cooper could not stop Conner's newly inherited running back in the 4th qtr, Conner would get the win. Did not see enough weapons from Cooper to make a difference, and that hurts them when they play close games. Hendrix drives that team, and if can control (because you can't stop) him, you may have chance against the Jags. I still think the Region run is wide open for all four top NKY teams with Ryle a slight favor.
  12. A year of growth and experience can make a big difference. That is the one advantage if any that I see.
  13. Can you give us a position by position comparison of what Ryle has that is way too much for Cooper? Statistically or just your opinion will work. I see them pretty evenly matched myself.
  14. See Post #12. You probably have no idea what you said, but that's not a simple question. It's ok, we understand.
  15. Not everyone can play a perfect game as he only thinks SK can, but we all know who footballforever74 is from the past and we should know to take anything he says with; a grain of salt and a spoonful of vinegar. Just give it a few more weeks and we may not here from him for awhile. Way to fight through the ugliness Cooper and get the win tonight. Now prep for Ryle and we are definitely making the trip up from TN for that one.
  16. Excellent!! Perfect explanation of how this has been working for years. Back to the topic, I think Ryle has to get through districts and region before consideration of State title.
  17. Yes, it is projected to grow, but that doesn't guarantee growth in football talented kids. Maybe the families moving in are more academically oriented and not of football interest. I know Cooper has plenty of kids that could help the football program now, but they choose not to play, same at Ryle and Conner. Open enrollment allows you the opportunity to get talented kids that want to play for your program. Community growth you just get what you get.
  18. Nice long post. Good keyword is "Program", with player and community support, not just a local football team. I never said can't, and I would never tell my team they can't, but I would be realistic and make sure they know what it takes to beat a team like T. I think if you ask any coach up here, they will admit it has a lot to do with football talent depth, not overall school size. It's nothing new to actually see that it is hard for any NKY team to win 6A state and accepting that is not crushing a dream. Often times for the NKY teams that dream ends a few weeks before the State final. I would love just as much as anyone to see one of our local NKY teams achieve that 6A title goal.
  19. Too many High Schools in each County Lack of State Championships or playoff runs JUCO type facilities Staff longevity Not sure, but I know the schools I mentioned, especially one, has a reputation across the states, not just Ky.
  20. Apparently you missed my point. What I like most, is that regardless of the outcome, at the end of the game you will more than likely see Hendrix and Racke in that awesome sportsmanship embrace that they have shared for years. Good luck and good health for both teams.
  21. Ump....Isn't that expected since Racke is the qb?? Statistically looks like Lonaker can be just as much a threat with a few more weapons to use around him.Hendrix is a triple threat at WR, DB and ST. This game should be just as good as the region final last year, and I hope Cooper has their placekicker this time.
  22. It's not about not believing the dream, not one NKY school has the numbers depth in talent that T, Male, and St X has each year. Especially when you have top talent enrolling in those schools just to be a part of the program. I'm sure all teams start with the goal of a State Championship in mind, but in reality they know the odds stack against them historically to actually win the 6A State Title.
  23. From what I remember at Cooper winning on the freshman level is not the main focus. It's more of a development process to see who can do what and what position best fits the new kids in the program. Freshman football wins really means zip on how that group will mesh with the varsity guys in the years to come.
  24. Having a lack of confidence in the kids at Cooper has been the main problem with the programs growth. Several kids choose not to play or leave the team because they know if they are not in that 1 slot, the chances of seeing the field on Friday night even as a sub are very limited. Their talent level may be a step down, but the effort is the same. If the coaching staff is as good as everyone says, (and I believe a majority of them are), they should be able to confidentially prepare a back up for most of the kids that are going both ways. The back up can at least spare a breather for a play or two. Confidence is not immediate, it's built. The gripe about Borchers playing more kids has been around since i've known the program, and it's not all from little Johnny's parents. Even parents of starters agree that at times some of the kids on the sideline need to be in to help build depth. But what do I know???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.