Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 33 Cooper 0 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

  • Author

I was told Cooper beat Highlands last week...that seems impossible considering what I have heard about their class.

It was a rough night for the young Jags to say the least. Looked a lot different than last week. Had a few kids injured, and Cov Cath gashed them with the run. Cooper couldn't get anything going on offense and it looked like the same focus wasn't there this week! Kudos to CCH on a great game!

CovCath controlled both lines of scrimmage again and that makes a coach's job easy (or hard from the other perspective). The Colonels have some little things to clean up (as do all frosh teams), but they they looked good over all. There are good games coming up that will be fun to watch.

I was told Cooper beat Highlands last week...that seems impossible considering what I have heard about their class.

First thing I thought about when I saw this score and knowing Cooper beat Highlands last week was Highlands is in trouble in a couple years and Cov Cath may finally knock that chip off their shoulder soon.

First thing I thought about when I saw this score and knowing Cooper beat Highlands last week was Highlands is in trouble in a couple years and Cov Cath may finally knock that chip off their shoulder soon.

 

First of all I think all teams have nights where things may not go as planned. Its a dangerous thing to say that HHC will be in trouble because of how their Freshman teams are playing. If we take that approach,, RYLE should be the most dominant team in the area right now since their Freshman teams pretty much dominated every team they played.

#10 for Covcath could play varsity. That kid has some talent.

 

That Cooper team that showed up was not the same team that played Highlands last week. As with Freshmen though it's sometimes difficult to predict what you're going to get.

CovCath controlled both lines of scrimmage again and that makes a coach's job easy (or hard from the other perspective). The Colonels have some little things to clean up (as do all frosh teams), but they they looked good over all. There are good games coming up that will be fun to watch.

 

First of all I think all teams have nights where things may not go as planned. Its a dangerous thing to say that HHC will be in trouble because of how their Freshman teams are playing. If we take that approach,, RYLE should be the most dominant team in the area right now since their Freshman teams pretty much dominated every team they played.

 

Very true. Last week Cooper against Highlands, Cooper won the battle up front on both sides of the ball. This week Covcath won the battle up front. Just like for any game, when Highlands and Covcath play it will be decided up front on both sides of the ball.

5 different players scored.

I was told Cooper beat Highlands last week...that seems impossible considering what I have heard about their class.

 

....and a few weeks ago NewCath beat Cooper.

Final

 

Thank you for posting the final score thread.

....and a few weeks ago NewCath beat Cooper.

 

In football especially in freshman games, you just never know what will happen.

From what I remember at Cooper winning on the freshman level is not the main focus. It's more of a development process to see who can do what and what position best fits the new kids in the program. Freshman football wins really means zip on how that group will mesh with the varsity guys in the years to come.

From what I remember at Cooper winning on the freshman level is not the main focus. It's more of a development process to see who can do what and what position best fits the new kids in the program. Freshman football wins really means zip on how that group will mesh with the varsity guys in the years to come.

 

Agree with this.....I think that's what all frosh teams should be focusing on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.