Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Schools with the most transfers out?

Featured Replies

As we always look at schools that receive transfer kids coming in, it would be interesting to know which NKY school has had the most productive players to transfer/relocate "out" in the last 3 to 4 years? I think Conner, Cooper and Ryle all have impact productive players that could be in their program, but legally opted out.

 

Conner: Elijah Mckinney (Beechwood)

Backup QB,WR to Padgett (can't recall the name)

 

Ryle : Dante Hendrix (Cooper)

: Joshua Davis (Scott County)

 

Cooper: Cameron Butler (Cov Cath)

Ryan McGinnis (Cov Cath)

Casey McGinnis (Coc Cath)

Michael Spencer (Cov Cath)

Jackson High (Ryle)

Byron Brown (Maryville)

 

Boone: Justin Schlarman (Cooper)

 

I know I am missing many, but this is just a few I know of. These kids mentioned alone, could help any program be a dominant contender for the big school Title, if all were on the same team.

Ryan McGinnis graduated last year and Casey McGinnis does not live in Boone County

Can somebody define transfer? I'm not sure I understand how it is being used in this thread?

I get the point of the thread but to me a transfer is someone that starts going to a certain high school as a freshman and the for whatever reason "transfers" to a different high school. Several kids on the list did not switch high schools.

Cooper: Branden Hermes(Beechwood)

Can somebody define transfer? I'm not sure I understand how it is being used in this thread?

 

Correct colonel-fan. I don't think any of the players listed so far are transfers. A transfer is someone who played a varsity sport at one school before moving to another.

Correct colonel-fan. I don't think any of the players listed so far are transfers. A transfer is someone who played a varsity sport at one school before moving to another.

Agreed.

Tanner Morgan = Transfer

Dante Hendrix = not a transfer

 

that is an example.

  • Author
I get the point of the thread but to me a transfer is someone that starts going to a certain high school as a freshman and the for whatever reason "transfers" to a different high school. Several kids on the list did not switch high schools.

 

Correct. This is just a question of kids that were at one time in line to attend a specific high school or started at a school and moved. This isn't finger pointing, just a question of which football program could have been better without the transfers/relocations.

  • Author
Ryan McGinnis graduated last year and Casey McGinnis does not live in Boone County

Correct, they moved to attend Cov Cath. Good Decision for the family.

As we always look at schools that receive transfer kids coming in, it would be interesting to know which NKY school has had the most productive players to transfer/relocate "out" in the last 3 to 4 years? I think Conner, Cooper and Ryle all have impact productive players that could be in their program, but legally opted out.

 

Conner: Elijah Mckinney (Beechwood)

Backup QB,WR to Padgett (can't recall the name)

 

Ryle : Dante Hendrix (Cooper)

: Joshua Davis (Scott County)

 

Cooper: Cameron Butler (Cov Cath)

Ryan McGinnis (Cov Cath)

Casey McGinnis (Coc Cath)

Michael Spencer (Cov Cath)

Jackson High (Ryle)

Byron Brown (Maryville)

 

Boone: Justin Schlarman (Cooper)

 

I know I am missing many, but this is just a few I know of. These kids mentioned alone, could help any program be a dominant contender for the big school Title, if all were on the same team.

 

Mckinney played as a Freshman at Conner.

Correct, they moved to attend Cov Cath. Good Decision for the family.

 

They did not need to move to attend Covington Catholic.

 

If an athlete has not played a varsity sport, no athlete has to move to attend and be immediately eligible at the high school of their choice in Kentucky, unless a school system puts in their own rules like Boone County. And Boone County rules have no impact on McGinnis attending Covington Catholic or any other school outside of Boone County.

Mckinney played as a Freshman at Conner.

 

Did he play varsity? If he only played freshman ball, he can go to any school he wants and be immediately eligible. Technically, he is not a transfer if he had not played any varsity sport at Conner.

  • Author

Again, the purpose of the thread is being missed. The actual transfer/relocate is not in question. It is a "what if" they had played for schools they were intended to play for before the fact, could those teams have been any better? And who are some of the players that I missed?

So if a kid went to a Catholic grade school until 2nd grade and then went to a public school from 3rd grade on does that count?

As we always look at schools that receive transfer kids coming in, it would be interesting to know which NKY school has had the most productive players to transfer/relocate "out" in the last 3 to 4 years? I think Conner, Cooper and Ryle all have impact productive players that could be in their program, but legally opted out.

 

Conner: Elijah Mckinney (Beechwood)

Backup QB,WR to Padgett (can't recall the name)

 

Ryle : Dante Hendrix (Cooper)

: Joshua Davis (Scott County)

 

Cooper: Cameron Butler (Cov Cath)

Ryan McGinnis (Cov Cath)

Casey McGinnis (Coc Cath)

Michael Spencer (Cov Cath)

Jackson High (Ryle)

Byron Brown (Maryville)

 

Boone: Justin Schlarman (Cooper)

 

I know I am missing many, but this is just a few I know of. These kids mentioned alone, could help any program be a dominant contender for the big school Title, if all were on the same team.

 

Ludlow: Drew Moore (Dixie)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.