September 22, 201610 yr Just like Deters. Got to keep the peace. Have there been any protests in Tulsa? seems to be pretty quiet versus NC. What's the difference? Not real sure what the difference is.
September 22, 201610 yr This is pure speculation on my part. But with the quick manslaughter charge I'm guessing that the 3 officers that did not fire their handguns probably figured in to this a good deal. If they'd have all testified to a high threat level I would think this would have drug on much longer.
September 22, 201610 yr IMO she did nothing wrong but protect herself and her fellow officers . She was doing her job and shouldn't be charged with anything . If it is shown beyond reasonable doubt she didn't follow official policies I'm fine with whatever penalty is handled down . But suggesting cops shouldn't be able to use whatever force necessary to subdue a disobedient suspect is headed down the wrong path . Will lead to officers getting hurt or killed .
September 22, 201610 yr IMO she did nothing wrong but protect herself and her fellow officers . She was doing her job and shouldn't be charged with anything . If it is shown beyond reasonable doubt she didn't follow official policies I'm fine with whatever penalty is handled down . But suggesting cops shouldn't be able to use whatever force necessary to subdue a disobedient suspect is headed down the wrong path . Will lead to officers getting hurt or killed . What did the victim do that the officer needed protecting from?
September 22, 201610 yr IMO she did nothing wrong but protect herself and her fellow officers . She was doing her job and shouldn't be charged with anything . If it is shown beyond reasonable doubt she didn't follow official policies I'm fine with whatever penalty is handled down . But suggesting cops shouldn't be able to use whatever force necessary to subdue a disobedient suspect is headed down the wrong path . Will lead to officers getting hurt or killed . Cleared that side of the vehicle. Window was closed, so couldn't have been reaching in the vehicle anyway. Victims hands were up. How is that shooting justified?
September 22, 201610 yr Author IMO she did nothing wrong but protect herself and her fellow officers . She was doing her job and shouldn't be charged with anything . If it is shown beyond reasonable doubt she didn't follow official policies I'm fine with whatever penalty is handled down . But suggesting cops shouldn't be able to use whatever force necessary to subdue a disobedient suspect is headed down the wrong path . Will lead to officers getting hurt or killed . Disobedience by itself doesn't warrant being shot.
September 23, 201610 yr This incident is a serious setback for law enforcement in our country. Make a mistake on most jobs you get reprimanded, make a mistake like officer Shelby is being charged with you go to prison. Risk reward is way out of line with this profession. The price paid will be less LEO candidates and less qualified at that. This will hurt inner cities disproportionately.
September 23, 201610 yr Cleared that side of the vehicle. Window was closed, so couldn't have been reaching in the vehicle anyway. Victims hands were up. How is that shooting justified? Not entirely true, the sun roof was open, he could have been reaching in there.
September 23, 201610 yr What did the victim do that the officer needed protecting from? Why was he walking back to his vehicle? No reason to do so, none. At that point the officer doesnt know what he is going to do.
September 23, 201610 yr This is pure speculation on my part. But with the quick manslaughter charge I'm guessing that the 3 officers that did not fire their handguns probably figured in to this a good deal. If they'd have all testified to a high threat level I would think this would have drug on much longer. Did all 4 officers have a weapon drawn? I know one had a taser and she had a firearm, did the other two have a weapon drawn?
September 23, 201610 yr Why was he walking back to his vehicle? No reason to do so, none. At that point the officer doesnt know what he is going to do. And at that point the officer had the option to use the taser before it got to the point that she felt threatened enough to kill him.
September 23, 201610 yr This incident is a serious setback for law enforcement in our country. Make a mistake on most jobs you get reprimanded, make a mistake like officer Shelby is being charged with you go to prison. Risk reward is way out of line with this profession. The price paid will be less LEO candidates and less qualified at that. This will hurt inner cities disproportionately. I think the part you need to add in here is, make a mistake on most jobs and you don't kill someone.
September 23, 201610 yr Did all 4 officers have a weapon drawn? I know one had a taser and she had a firearm, did the other two have a weapon drawn? I could be mistaken but I thought someone on here said that 2 officers had their firearms drawn, one had a taser and one did not draw a weapon.
September 23, 201610 yr Author I could be mistaken but I thought someone on here said that 2 officers had their firearms drawn, one had a taser and one did not draw a weapon. I believe this is correct.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.