NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks

Not giving some kids in certain school system a few more chances can be the difference between life and death.

I don't recall saying anyone shouldn't get second chances. My point is that respect, integrity, and work ethic needs to be instilled in kids, whether they go to Holmes or Highlands. And yes they are all still kids. If you don't ingrain them with these virtues now, then yes you truly have lost them. And I don't mean in the game of basketball, I mean the game of life.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats lame Stud and you know it. Rules are rules and everyone should have to follow them. (the same rules) You seem to be saying that in Covington the kids can't abide by the rules or don't have the same ability to understand the rules as kids from other areas understand them. Let me see you call an assembly down at Holmes and tell all the kids you all are just not as smart as the kids at Highlands, Dixie, Boone Cty, CovCath, Holy Cross, Bellevue or Ludlow or anyother school and let me know what their reaction is. That's if you get out alive. Kids like rules. It's parents that don't have the guts to enforce them and each generation is getting worse at disciplining their kids.

Thats not what I said by any means what so ever. He was punished, but if Coach Henley believes he deserves a second chance who are we to judge. He should be punished and kept on a thine rope if brought back. But sometimes things like Basketball are some kids have in Covington. Many a great player in Covington has been lost due to other circumstances, if these kid has learned from his mistake and is willing to prove it, I say great.

Thats not what I said by any means what so ever. He was punished, but if Coach Henley believes he deserves a second chance who are we to judge. He should be punished and kept on a thine rope if brought back. But sometimes things like Basketball are some kids have in Covington. Many a great player in Covington has been lost due to other circumstances, if these kid has learned from his mistake and is willing to prove it, I say great.

I'll give a 2nd chance and maybe even a 3rd in some instances but if basketball is all the kid has then I would suggest he figures that out real quick and makes the most of it. This youngman to date has not shown that he has been able to figure it out. He has had strike 3 I do believe. If I'm Henley I look him in the eye and tell him one incident no matter how small and he is gone. I'd put it in writing and make the kid sign it or he wouldn't play. Just my opinion.

I'll give a 2nd chance and maybe even a 3rd in some instances but if basketball is all the kid has then I would suggest he figures that out real quick and makes the most of it. This youngman to date has not shown that he has been able to figure it out. He has had strike 3 I do believe. If I'm Henley I look him in the eye and tell him one incident no matter how small and he is gone. I'd put it in writing and make the kid sign it or he wouldn't play. Just my opinion.

I could agree to that.

From what i here Dixie has some great players coming up......Kendall is great and Tyler.....Richardson is a great compliment to those two....Mace will be a force inside...

They have a nice sophmore big man in Bozey excellent shooter in Mosier and they have very good Freshman class coming in and the eighth grade behind was told to me will be the best class they have had since Bramlage and O'Toole ' Jones class.

Matt's strengths are as a true point guard. Dishes the ball very well and breaks people down off the dribble...

A friend of mine spoke directly to Rice and he was told that he will not be playing for Holmes and instead of Cincinatti Taft. I'm sure that things could change but as of now I think that it is safe to consider him out.

A friend of mine spoke directly to Rice and he was told that he will not be playing for Holmes and instead of Cincinatti Taft. I'm sure that things could change but as of now I think that it is safe to consider him out.

With or Without Rice, Holmes will still be top team in the 9th region next year.. Edmondson will be back next year and Josh Nelson or Terrence Clark should be able to fill the hole that Rice left...wont be as good or exciting, but the two combined will contribute in their own way

From what I've read they run a pretty lose ship over at Taft, hopefully wherever he lands he can get it straight.

From what I hear Edmondson is already headed to 1 of the 3 Kenton Co. Schools and I've heard all 3 rumored.

With or Without Rice, Holmes will still be top team in the 9th region next year.. Edmondson will be back next year and Josh Nelson or Terrence Clark should be able to fill the hole that Rice left...wont be as good or exciting, but the two combined will contribute in their own way

As long as Rice is there, I think they are number 1. But without him, I have to disagree. Neither Nelson nor Clark proved anything to me on the Varsity level or Junior Varsity. And if your response is that they have worked hard this offseason, I can promise you the other juniors-to-be in the region have worked hard also.

Personally I think if Hensley allows Rice to come back it will show he is a weak coach.....the kid has a track record..he was kicked off once and that should be enough of a character assessment to make a coach keep him off. The focus next year needs to be on the positives in that locker room like Austin Hill....good kid with good head on his shoulders. He will be the premier player in the region.... no doubt.

Add Corey Pelle of Silver Grove to the mix of premier players in the region. He is currently ranked tenth in N.KY. People can say all they want about playing against mostly small schools, but he proved himself this weekend at the State AAU. He had 25 points and 5 assists against the Derek Smith team made up of J-Town, Male, Ballard and E-Town stars. If he can do this there, he can play with anyone.