Write This Down: March Edition

gametime

I haven't gone this route in a while, but I am confident in saying the two teams most capable of winning the title outside of UK are Arizona and Villanova.

Nova can score and defend at an elite level 1-8, and while Zona can hit some scoring droughts they have the talent and toughness to grind out wins twice a weekend.

I'd gladly take both over Duke, UVA and Wisky in a field that feels 7 deep with Gonzaga as a distant 8th.

Selection Sunday is here. Have at it...

I get why everyone is big on Villanova (national guys). But I don't trust them in the least. They've had better teams that have made stunning exits in the last 10 years. No way I expect these guys to move far (thus, they'll probably screw me again this year by making a great run).

Arizona is good, I'd put them in right behind UK as teams with the best chance to win it. Sean Miller scares me though.

Duke is good. They could win it.

I think Wisconsin is capable as well. Scary matchup for a lot of teams. Michigan St. might beat them tomorrow though. Not sure anyone wants to play Michigan St. next weekend either.

and lastly, Iowa St. is a team I'd watch. they can score, and to beat UK you have to score.

I get why everyone is big on Villanova (national guys). But I don't trust them in the least. They've had better teams that have made stunning exits in the last 10 years. No way I expect these guys to move far (thus, they'll probably screw me again this year by making a great run).

Arizona is good, I'd put them in right behind UK as teams with the best chance to win it. Sean Miller scares me though.

I think Wisconsin is capable as well. Scary matchup for a lot of teams. Michigan St. might beat them tomorrow though. Not sure anyone wants to play Michigan St. next weekend either.

and lastly, Iowa St. is a team I'd watch. they can score, and to beat UK you have to score.

Agree on Iowas St. Also Note Dame is a hot team right now. Do I see them in the final four, probably not, but they could knock off a favorite to win it all. I sure hope they are not in UK's bracket.

I haven't gone this route in a while, but I am confident in saying the two teams most capable of winning the title outside of UK are Arizona and Villanova.

Nova can score and defend at an elite level 1-8, and while Zona can hit some scoring droughts they have the talent and toughness to grind out wins twice a weekend.

I'd gladly take both over Duke, UVA and Wisky in a field that feels 7 deep with Gonzaga as a distant 8th.

Selection Sunday is here. Have at it...

I can't say I disagree. The more I watch Villanova the more I like how they play and think with their style they could play with UK.

The thing with a team like Villanova is when you rely on the 3 ball a lot, you are suspect to the upset. Of all the things to rely on in basketball, shooting 3's is probably the worst. But if they are on, look out.

I heard an interesting stat on UK - they are one of the best in the nation at defending the 3. I have always thought of that as a bit of a weakness in UK defensively. The 2 things that concern me in UK's defense is penetration by guards and shooting 3's. That defensive stat on how good they are on defending 3's surprised me.

Hilliard for Nova is one of my favorite players in college right now. Smooth stroke, cool as a cucumber. Like Nova but I think a lengthy team could give them fits. Zona has pretty solid depth with good size as well. I get where you're coming from. Still like Wisconsin and Duke better than both but I don't buy UVA one bit.