Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2014-2015

LawDawg807

A big job will become open before this day is done

You have caught my interest, what do you think?

Well it took a day longer than expected to get out in the open but now that the media outlets have it out. Jack Haskins resigned yesterday. This was what I was referring to yesterday

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion has a great group of coaches that have worked many years under Coach Robbins. His leadership in developing coaches has enabled this program to maintain much success even during his illness (example of true leader.) Also Coach Tommy Simpson that is a legend stepped up when Coach Rob got sick. Any of the assistants on the staff are very qualified to lead this program, and would do a great job. Transition was made through Coach Robbins giving his coaches leadership roles the entire time they Coached. He will be greatly missed by his players, and the school/community and staff.

So I was looking at khsaa and looking at power houses from late 90's and trying to find successful teams with predominantly young teams.

So with that being said, what up with Nelson County? I know Bardstown HS draws decent athletes and the addition of Thomas Nelson HS can impact numbers, but the only recent winning team was product of a weak schedule?

Just curious.

1) Bardstown draws more than just a decent number of athletes.

2) Anytime you add a 4th school to a community the size of Bardstown/Nelson County, it will have its impact.

3) Nelson County is just fine. Like all county schools, they go through cycles. They return everybody. They only had 6 seniors this year, of that many, not sure how many started, but it wasn't many.

4) The overwhelming key to most schools in Kentucky is to play teams weaker than you. Fact.

As far as any other questions. Email Coach Egli.

1) Bardstown draws more than just a decent number of athletes.

2) Anytime you add a 4th school to a community the size of Bardstown/Nelson County, it will have its impact.

3) Nelson County is just fine. Like all county schools, they go through cycles. They return everybody. They only had 6 seniors this year, of that many, not sure how many started, but it wasn't many.

4) The overwhelming key to most schools in Kentucky is to play teams weaker than you. Fact.

As far as any other questions. Email Coach Egli.

Oh...this one is a doozy! Let's keep in mind that Gabe Stone's dad (Stone was the QB at the time) was developing homes at the time in Nelson Co, and if I recall, a pair of REALLY good athletes were able to transfer from Bardstown and move into Nelson's district, therefore eligible. The Boggs brothers were UNREAL (Anthony maybe one of the best that ever stepped on EKU's campus, that never panned out according to a friend of mine that coached there at the time)! Just coincidence though I am sure that they were able to move into the county. LOL. They also came into a really good crop of kids to go with them, and a great coaching staff. They were good for several years there during and after Coach Brown.

They were good for several years there during and after Coach Brown.

This is something I think a lot of people forget about those Nelson County teams of the 1990s. Yes, they won a state championship in 1996. They were also regional champions in 1994, 1997, and 1998, along with a regional finalist in 1995. From 1993-1999, Nelson County was 79-15 and they never failed to reach at least the second round of the playoffs, compiling a 18-6 record in playoff games. That was a heady time for Nelson County football.