Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2014-2015

LawDawg807

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play.

- CONFIRMED: Pelham, Alabama is open. Let go of Brett Burnett (Elizabethtown, Fort Knox and M-NH, I think) after 10 seasons. He was also AD there.

- RUMOR: Trinity will definitely have a new coach next year, win or lose. Has nothing to do with on-field performance, health or school issues. According to another message board, he is expected to get a different job not at a Kentucky high school.

I'll play.

- CONFIRMED: Pelham, Alabama is open. Let go of Brett Burnett (Elizabethtown, Fort Knox and M-NH, I think) after 10 seasons. He was also AD there.

- RUMOR: Trinity will definitely have a new coach next year, win or lose. Has nothing to do with on-field performance, health or school issues. According to another message board, he is expected to get a different job not at a Kentucky high school.

Would love to hear more about the Trinity situation.

Louisville Jtown is open

JTown should get some good applicants. It's going to take a few years but the talent is already there. Going to 6A with T, and Ballard the likely district favorites year in and out. I was impressed with the skill and size of the Chargers. I didn't think they had much structure. Hopefully the next person gets them on the same page.

Makes you wonder why some Louisville schools are successful and others stink.

JTown should get some good applicants. It's going to take a few years but the talent is already there. Going to 6A with T, and Ballard the likely district favorites year in and out. I was impressed with the skill and size of the Chargers. I didn't think they had much structure. Hopefully the next person gets them on the same page.

Makes you wonder why some Louisville schools are successful and others stink.

It's amazing how often this is brought up in the midst of coaching searches/openings, and how quickly it's forgotten once a hire is made.

I heard something the other day about Mack Brown.....that he had THREE 1-10 seasons in his first few years of coaching. I couldn't believe it.

Sure enough, I go to researching and sure enough. He had THREE 1-10 seasons in his FIRST FIVE YEARS of coaching @ TWO different schools (Tulane and North Carolina).

The National Championship winning, brought Texas out of the dweller, Heisman Trophy coaching (twice)...Mack Brown.

Amazing.

A little random, but fitting I thought.