Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

theguru

To say parents didn't have any influence all you had to do was look at the coaching staff.

I hear that and respect that. If Ryle had an outstanding winning record over these past few years, it would definitely help Woolf's chances. But if that were true, Warner would still be the coach. Instead, the recent record works against Woolf just like it did Warner.

I can't agree. I don't think it's accurate to hang the team's record on anyone but the head coach, and from my angle the performance of the defense hasn't been questioned. There may be better coaches with better resumes out there, but Woolf isn't Warner.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woolf was part of a staff that beat Highlands. Is that why Wirth is leaving Covcath,the fact he can't beat Highlands? Or is he chasing money? Woolf has been very loyal.

Saying Wirth is leaving Cov Cath because he can't beat highlands is an ignorant thing to say. Let's take a look at the circumstances here: CCH Frosh beat Highlands this year. Highlands did not win state and lost there head coach, if anything, this would be the year to beat the birds out of the past years. If Wirth leaves, it would not be because of the Highlands obstacle.

Saying Wirth is leaving Cov Cath because he can't beat highlands is an ignorant thing to say. Let's take a look at the circumstances here: CCH Frosh beat Highlands this year. Highlands did not win state and lost there head coach, if anything, this would be the year to beat the birds out of the past years. If Wirth leaves, it would not be because of the Highlands obstacle.

I didn't say that. I asked if that's why he's leaving. If you say no, then why the potential change? Increase in salary? More prestige at Ryle? Has he taken Covcath as far as he feels he can? I don't know the answer.

Coach Wirth is a good man and a good coach. To say he would leave Cov Cath because he can't beat Highlands is ignorant. Coach Woolf is a good man and a good coach. He has stayed at Ryle thru the good times and the bad times. Ryle would be in good hands with both. LOYALTY should count for somehing.

I didn't say that. I asked if that's why he's leaving. If you say no, then why the potential change? Increase in salary? More prestige at Ryle? Has he taken Covcath as far as he feels he can? I don't know the answer.

The only reason for a potential change would be an increase in salary. He has a wife and kids. I wouldn't consider Ryle a more prestigious football program then Cov Cath, Wirth has brought Cov Cath to a playoff contender school every year. He is consistent. He wouldn't leave because he can't beat HHS. His Frosh just beat them. He realizes he has a lot of good talent coming up through the ranks. So if he did leave, it would not be because of Loses to Highlands. I say Wirth stays at CCH but if he did end up going to Ryle, it would be for money purposes.

Woolf was part of a staff that beat Highlands. Is that why Wirth is leaving Covcath,the fact he can't beat Highlands? Or is he chasing money? Woolf has been very loyal.

If anyone knows what feeds coaches egos it is the challenge. Why would Wirth apply for Ryle coaching job? Maybe it's the challenge to turn around a program. I doubt it has anything to do with Highlands but more of possibly a better paying job and a bigger challenge.

I would not say that Wirth or anyone else is the favorite at this time. Way too premature to talk favorite since the committee is only about half way through the process. Anyone that is speculating at this point does not know the facts and I know that the committee members will not leak specific info about the candidates.

When a school opens up a real search like it appears this one is then NO Woolfe's loyalty means nothing. Being a coordinator is not the same as being a proven head coach, its just not. This isn't Weinrich with his 11 rings were talking about here. Its a guy thats been here for the problems. They apparently want to hire the best head coach. Not the best coach left on the staff, not the coach the kids want, but the best Head Coach for the program. I've been singing about Letton and apparently they didn't seek his application so Dave Wirth is the next best option. Period. Steve Specht must have been all rumor.