Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

theguru

Yep- we heard all that last year as well with the Boone Co. opening.

What's more likely is that people who have an interest in Wirth as a coach are reaching out to speak with him and couching that as an "interview."

My feeling is that if and when Wirth decides to move on, it will be at a GCL school or a step up to the collegiate level. He is a Religion teacher at CCH. Guessing that class isn't offered in Kentucky's public schools these days.

No Religion at Public schools?? Since when lol. Couldn't agree more Bluedad

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about Wirth and Ryle or even Boone last year. Anyone ever wonder if it has to do with Boone Co. School system being closed district?

Maybe some coaches don't want that hassle and would rather stay where they are at where they can actually get players from out of district to come in and play.

Just tossing it out there.

All this talk about Wirth and Ryle or even Boone last year. Anyone ever wonder if it has to do with Boone Co. School system being closed district?

Maybe some coaches don't want that hassle and would rather stay where they are at where they can actually get players from out of district to come in and play.

Just tossing it out there.

You know it's getting really tiresome for you all in Boone County to continue to complain about your Board of Education choosing to have a closed school district, when the KHSAA doesn't require it, nor does the state board of education require it!

As I have mentioned time after time, when the next election comes around for BOE members, find out who would be in favor of opening the district like Kenton and vote for that person or persons!

If so many hate that Boone is closed, then fix the problem and vote for a person who will change it!

1) I do not think that the comment from Hellbird was a complaint, just an observation. That is a pretty broad statement to say that all people in Boone Co are complaining. 2) I don't think that the idea of high school sports is to have an open recruiting atmosphere although many people do not understand what high school athletics are supposed to be about. 3) The idea of closing the school districts have more to do with the size of the schools and with Ryle and Cooper being the newer schools than it ever has about athletics.

1) I do not think that the comment from Hellbird was a complaint, just an observation. That is a pretty broad statement to say that all people in Boone Co are complaining. 2) I don't think that the idea of high school sports is to have an open recruiting atmosphere although many people do not understand what high school athletics are supposed to be about. 3) The idea of closing the school districts have more to do with the size of the schools and with Ryle and Cooper being the newer schools than it ever has about athletics.

Since you are new, you need to go through many of the threads where the Boone HS fans have complained about open districts like Kenton County.

Also might I suggest to you, to look at my record of comments stating that "Sports are for fun, but getting a great education last a lietime" as I for one think getting a great education is far more important, than winning a game!

But then again if you are a child of a Boone County BOE employee then you can choose where your child can attend school but pity the poor taxpayer, as your told where you have to go! '

BTW welcome to the site and think about becoming a Premium Member!

I, too, thought that it was just a question being posed and not a complaint. Seems like a concern that some coaches might have.

I agree that the concept behind closed districts was controlling enrollment in a fast-growing county.

Since you are new' date=' you need to go through many of the threads where the Boone HS fans have complained about open districts like Kenton County. Also might I suggest to you, to look at my record of comments stating that "Sports are for fun, but getting a great education last a lietime" as I for one think getting a great education is far more important, than winning a game! But then again if you are a child of a Boone County BOE employee then you can choose where your child can attend school but pity the poor taxpayer, as your told where you have to go! ' BTW welcome to the site and think about becoming a Premium Member![/quote']

Garbage post. Plenty of kids get a great education in BC. You wonder why people have such disdain for these elitist beliefs. Sad. It comes from the home, not the school.

Garbage post. Plenty of kids get a great education in BC. You wonder why people have such disdain for these elitist beliefs. Sad. It comes from the home, not the school.

Where did I say that you can't get a great education at a BCBOE school? Come on Roman show me where I said that in this post!

No I said you as a taxpayer can't choose where you want your child to attend school but a BCBOE employee can and frankly why should an employee get a choice when you as a taxpayer can't have the same right!

I also said Playing sports is for fun, but getting a great education last a lifetime!

And it's 100% true, a great education does last a lifetime!

Since you are new, you need to go through many of the threads where the Boone HS fans have complained about open districts like Kenton County.

Also might I suggest to you, to look at my record of comments stating that "Sports are for fun, but getting a great education last a lietime" as I for one think getting a great education is far more important, than winning a game!

But then again if you are a child of a Boone County BOE employee then you can choose where your child can attend school but pity the poor taxpayer, as your told where you have to go! '

OG You are definitely living in the Dark Ages if you think high school sports are "just for fun".. While it is considered a privilege, high school sports has become a means combined with education for student athletes to get to the next level playing a sport they love and not leaving college with a ton of debt. Young athletes these days as well as the parents are doing everything possible to gain an advantage, and having an open school district can be one of those advantages. The poor taxpayer needs no pity, but only a free choice. If BC opens it's districts, the private schools in this area would be shaking in their boots in an athletic aspect. As for education, I know several student athletes that were educated in the BC system and have gone on to some elite universities.

You know it's getting really tiresome for you all in Boone County to continue to complain about your Board of Education choosing to have a closed school district, when the KHSAA doesn't require it, nor does the state board of education require it!

As I have mentioned time after time, when the next election comes around for BOE members, find out who would be in favor of opening the district like Kenton and vote for that person or persons!

If so many hate that Boone is closed, then fix the problem and vote for a person who will change it!

????

It wasn't complaining, it was merely a question. I was simply trying to think of some reasons a coach from another succesful program may not want to coach at Ryle or Boone. The first thing I thought of was the difference where Wirth would be coming from to where he would be starting over at and weighing the differences.

Sorry you took it that way.

????

It wasn't complaining, it was merely a question. I was simply trying to think of some reasons a coach from another succesful program may not want to coach at Ryle or Boone. The first thing I thought of was the difference where Wirth would be coming from to where he would be starting over at and weighing the differences.

Sorry you took it that way.

I honestly think you are on to something, the closed school district that is but I can tell you that it had no bearing on Coach Wirth choosing to not even apply for the either job!

But again, if the majority think it's a bad thing (a closed school system) then vote out those who support it who are on the BCBOE!

I for one think it is a joke that families who are employees can have one kid at one school and anther at another school, while taxpayers can only go to one certain school.

If it good for the goose, then it good for the gander!

OG You are definitely living in the Dark Ages if you think high school sports are "just for fun".. While it is considered a privilege, high school sports has become a means combined with education for student athletes to get to the next level playing a sport they love and not leaving college with a ton of debt. Young athletes these days as well as the parents are doing everything possible to gain an advantage, and having an open school district can be one of those advantages. The poor taxpayer needs no pity, but only a free choice. If BC opens it's districts, the private schools in this area would be shaking in their boots in an athletic aspect. As for education, I know several student athletes that were educated in the BC system and have gone on to some elite universities.

Fact! More money is given out via academic scholarships than athletic scholarship by far!

and btw where in my post did I said anything about not being able to get a great education in a BCBOE school!

edit

I honestly think you are on to something, the closed school district that is but I can tell you that it had no bearing on Coach Wirth choosing to not even apply for the either job!

But again, if the majority think it's a bad thing (a closed school system) then vote out those who support it who are on the BCBOE!

I for one think it is a joke that families who are employees can have one kid at one school and anther at another school, while taxpayers can only go to one certain school.

If it good for the goose, then it good for the gander!

I think it's a bad thing too, but was asking because as a coach, especially one already at a school, wouldn't you weigh all your options?

The money may be more, but you would also have to look at your chances at success if that is your main goal.

Some may use schools in Boone co as a stepping stone to make a name for themselves and hope to move on to a bigger school with better chance at success, but for an already well established coach I would think some of the restrictions could be a hinderance in some coaches minds.

Fact! More money is given out via academic scholarships than athletic scholarship by far!

and btw where in my post did I said anything about not being able to get a great education in a BCBOE school!

Back up your "fact" by telling me how many Div I athletes have strictly an academic scholarship, and not an athletic scholarship, that actually will see playing time. What I am saying that it has now become a combination. It's a bonus to have the grades and the athletic ability, so kids are taking high school sports a lot more seriously than "just for fun".