Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

Featured Replies

Just throwing some names out:

 

1. Mike Woolf - Great coach, the kids love him (at least the ones I have talked to), and a teacher at Ryle.

 

2. Noel Rash - Ryle went after Mike Yeagle when the job was open many years ago. Do they go after Yeagle's replacement now?

 

3. Kyle Niederman - Very hard working Coach that wants to be they guy. And was he an assistant there in the past?

 

4. Dave Wirth - When you have to beat Highlands just to move on in the playoffs you always have to keep one eye open.

 

5. Lee Teegarden - He has head coaching experience on top of experience at Ryle. And does he still teach in the system?

 

6. Kevin Siple - Very talented Coach and great guy!

 

7. I assume many very qualified applicants that see the potential but not the parents. :D

 

Who do you think are and/or should be the favorites?

  • Replies 329
  • Views 58.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Brohm? He just resigned at Thomas Nelson.

What about Brohm? He just resigned at Thomas Nelson.

That would be a huge move, if it happens.

I think that Wirth might be a very good choice if he wanted it. I would make sure that whomever I get as the next coach is younger and is someone that will stay around and rebuild the program.

Just throwing some names out:

 

1. Mike Woolf - Great coach, the kids love him (at least the ones I have talked to), and a teacher at Ryle.

 

2. Noel Rash - Ryle went after Mike Yeagle when the job was open many years ago. Do they go after Yeagle's replacement now?

 

3. Kyle Niederman - Very hard working Coach that wants to be they guy. And was he an assistant there in the past?

 

4. Dave Wirth - When you have to beat Highlands just to move on in the playoffs you always have to keep one eye open.

 

5. Lee Teegarden - He has head coaching experience on top of experience at Ryle. And does he still teach in the system?

 

6. Kevin Siple - Very talented Coach and great guy!

 

7. I assume many very qualified applicants that see the potential but not the parents. :D

 

Who do you think are and/or should be the favorites?

 

None of the above..JMO

None of the above..JMO

 

I agree. Ryle is a 6A school that has experienced high levels of success in multiple sports, including football. It is an attractive job and there will be names from all over the state, and likely from other states, that will put in for the job once it is posted.

Here are a couple key questions - What does the job pay the head coach? What is the budget for the program including assistant coaches?

Here are a couple key questions - What does the job pay the head coach? What is the budget for the program including assistant coaches?

 

The way I understand it, Boone County High Schools do not have an athletic budget that is funded from the school system, outside of coaches salaries. The athletic department is funded from gate receipts.

Bruce Kozerski?

Bruce Kozerski?

 

4th time today someone has mentioned that name. While I think he has no desire to leave Holy Cross, could Ryle lure him away?

Bruce Kozerski?

 

Why?

Bruce Kozerski?

 

4th time today someone has mentioned that name. While I think he has no desire to leave Holy Cross, could Ryle lure him away?

 

Why?

 

I am with zero wondering why? Kozerski's team won 1 game this year. Last year they won 4. Why would his name be mentioned?

 

We all know from previous job openings that there will be a lot of random wild speculation and rumors. I would put this one in that category.

I am with zero wondering why? Kozerski's team won 1 game this year. Last year they won 4. Why would his name be mentioned?

 

We all know from previous job openings that there will be a lot of random wild speculation and rumors. I would put this one in that category.

 

Dont disagree but you also have to look at some cases as to where the coach coaches at. Holy Cross really had one good year and took advantage of it.

 

This job is about more than wins and losses.

Why can't you all realize that coaching does not trump the situation you are in. Kozerski and Siple both are good coaches who didn't have good players this year. Would I hire them at Ryle? NO. But players matter people.

Kozerski is an excellent coach. He would be great for Ryle football.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.