Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

theguru

Heck Dale is a Calculus teacher and also the AD. Are there really the type of employees you speak of coaching football teams?

Plenty. (Of course, its only a big deal when its a 'coach). But, there are also plenty like Dale and plenty who teach freshman level core classes, or collaborative/resource special needs and a mix of all the above.

With that said, don't let the "calculus" thing fool you...he isn't dealing with any dumbies or turds; nor is any other teacher or teacher/coach who teaches any type of AP level course (and, kudos to them).

Also, dont let the ISS thing fool you, either...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why apply? The pay scales are public knowledge, so the applicant knows what their salary will be even before applying.

Because you just never know what people can put together if they want you bad enough.....sometimes less can be more; especially if it depends on the teaching position.

Take Coach Doe, who has a major in Chemistry and a minor in Biology. Certified in both.

At school A, they are on a 6 period day and he teaches 2 classes of freshman Intro to Chem/Phys, 1 period of sophomore biology and two periods of AP Chemistry 2.

At school B where he is applying, he knows he will be taking a 4K cut in pay..yet he finds out (not knowing this without interviewing) that even though he will be taking a cut in pay, he will still be on a 6 period day, and only teaching 4 periods of Jr/sr AP Chemistry and lunchroom duty (another one of these gigs where nobody cares who it is unless its a coach) + a planning.

.......all of the sudden you start weighing out whether or not that 4K cut in pay really matters. But you never knew what School B could offer to make up for that cut in pay.

I have no idea if he would be interested or not and I know my Walton Verona friends wouldn't be happy but if Jeff Barth applied, Ryle would be smart to give him a strong consideration. Surprised his name hasn't been mentioned. Guy is a heck of a football coach.

No way Chris Wolfe would leave all the talent he has coming back next 2 years. they are going to be extremely good. I could be wrong but they are going to be tough to beat next year and after beating the big dogs this year in the district he will be ready to do it again next year.

IMO Ryle would be better off totally cleaning house from top to bottom and getting a fresh start. Wirth would be wise to look into this position and Barth was another name that I thought of as well. Might Chris Wolfe of Male be interested in taking this job on after his recent success at Male? Still think it will be someone from across the river if the Ryle administration does their due diligence.

Rodenberg? He would be crazy to leave Moeller and he left CCH in shambles for Dave Brossart to take the blame. He didn't have the kids lifting at all. He did well with a great group of kids at CCH and jumped while the getting was good. I know he has had alot of success, but he can stay in OHIO as far as Im concerned. I would rather have a guy about the kids. After all, that is who this is all about

I have no idea if he would be interested or not and I know my Walton Verona friends wouldn't be happy but if Jeff Barth applied, Ryle would be smart to give him a strong consideration. Surprised his name hasn't been mentioned. Guy is a heck of a football coach.

They can't have him.:rage:

Rodenberg? He would be crazy to leave Moeller and he left CCH in shambles for Dave Brossart to take the blame. He didn't have the kids lifting at all. He did well with a great group of kids at CCH and jumped while the getting was good. I know he has had alot of success, but he can stay in OHIO as far as Im concerned. I would rather have a guy about the kids. After all, that is who this is all about

Rodenberg has made it fairly clear that his goal is to coach for a NCAA D1 college program. Ryle would be a step backwards for him.