Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

theguru

I have no idea if he would be interested or not and I know my Walton Verona friends wouldn't be happy but if Jeff Barth applied, Ryle would be smart to give him a strong consideration. Surprised his name hasn't been mentioned. Guy is a heck of a football coach.

I agree Barth would be a great hire. He and his staff have done a great job and I hope they stay at Walton. There is something to be said about building a program from its infancy. I don't see Barth changing jobs unless it is a real "Blue Chip" spot in Greater Cincinnati, or if a college opportunity presented itself like Eviston last year.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they thought BW ran the ball too much what would they think if they brought in Barth?

Coach goes with what the talent he has to work with. The past years it was running but this year opened it up alittle more with his Qb and receiver corp he had. Not saying Hal Mumme but has gone 5 wide pistol in the past.

Coach goes with what the talent he has to work with. The past years it was running but this year opened it up alittle more with his Qb and receiver corp he had. Not saying Hal Mumme but has gone 5 wide pistol in the past.

Which is one of the reasons that makes Barth such a good coach. The guy understands his strengths and weaknesses and puts the talent he has in the best position to succeed. Some years it may be a boring ground and pound style offense but one would have to be nuts to complain about the guys results since being at Walton.

Rodenberg? He would be crazy to leave Moeller and he left CCH in shambles for Dave Brossart to take the blame. He didn't have the kids lifting at all. He did well with a great group of kids at CCH and jumped while the getting was good. I know he has had alot of success, but he can stay in OHIO as far as Im concerned. I would rather have a guy about the kids. After all, that is who this is all about

You are so right

I agree Barth would be a great hire. He and his staff have done a great job and I hope they stay at Walton. There is something to be said about building a program from its infancy. I don't see Barth changing jobs unless it is a real "Blue Chip" spot in Greater Cincinnati, or if a college opportunity presented itself like Eviston last year.

Ryle administration would be complete morons to not interview Jeff Barth if he expressed any interest at all. Talk about a character guy. He could handle anything the TC Mafia could throw at him. They would be in for a rude awakening if they thought they could lead Jeff Barth around. He coulda me that program relevant again quickly if they get out of his way.

Ryle administration would be complete morons to not interview Jeff Barth if he expressed any interest at all. Talk about a character guy. He could handle anything the TC Mafia could throw at him. They would be in for a rude awakening if they thought they could lead Jeff Barth around. He coulda me that program relevant again quickly if they get out of his way.

I take nothing away from this coach and what he has accomplished. If Ryle passes up Mike Woolf for the head coach from Walton Verona, the administration would be morons.

I take nothing away from this coach and what he has accomplished. If Ryle passes up Mike Woolf for the head coach from Walton Verona, the administration would be morons.

Nothing against Mike Woolf, but Ryle probably needs to clean house at this point. Barth also has something Woolf doesn't that they are probably looking for. Head coach experience and successful experience at that.

Nothing against Mike Woolf, but Ryle probably needs to clean house at this point. Barth also has something Woolf doesn't that they are probably looking for. Head coach experience and successful experience at that.

I was coached by Woolf and played in college w Bartie. They are cut from the same cloth. Woolf has EARNED the chance to lead that program in HIS own vision. Barth would be a great hire if they went that direction. Can't go wrong either way.

• 2 weeks later...