Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

theguru

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with zero wondering why? Kozerski's team won 1 game this year. Last year they won 4. Why would his name be mentioned?

We all know from previous job openings that there will be a lot of random wild speculation and rumors. I would put this one in that category.

Plantman said it, and as I pointed out in another thread...great coaches have bad years and track records early on that just didn't look very attractive.

Dale Mueller was around 10 games below .500 in his first three years as a HC.

Kevin Wallace was almost 20 wins below .500 at Warren East before he landed the BG job. He was either 45-61 or 41-65....one of the two.

Some thoughts: Thanks to Bryson for all of the time he sacrificed to coach. He has a great family and is a devoted husband and father. Ryle is a great school academically and one of the top coaching jobs in NKY. This parent issue as a major problem at Ryle is blown way out of proportion. Sure, you will always have a couple of challenges from parents but it was not anywhere near the major conflict or reason for the end of an era. At Ryle, I find very supportive parents, great kids who work hard, great community, great stadium. Only the workout facilities are subpar but so are the Birds' workout facilities, in other words, that one drawback is not an obstacle to success. I'm sure there will be many applicants including some outstanding seasoned coaches. I agree that Coach Woolf would be a strong candidate if he is interested. His son, Ryan, is a super young man and will be a senior leader next year on what will be a successful team. How cool would that be to take over a job and have your son on the team? Coach G would have had that privilege this year at BC if not for the very unfortunate injury to his outstanding son. Man, my heart went out to both of them this season. IMO, you could not go wrong with Coach Woolf and I believe he would bring some experienced offensive coaches and retain great people like Coach Harden, etc. The applicant roster will be long and it will take time to sort out the best candidate and conduct interviews. I would think that February would be the earliest we would hear an announcement about Coach #4 in Ryle's history. This change will be best for everyone involved. Best wishes to whoever is fortunate enough to land this job out of what will be a strong applicant field.

Some thoughts: Thanks to Bryson for all of the time he sacrificed to coach. He has a great family and is a devoted husband and father. Ryle is a great school academically and one of the top coaching jobs in NKY. This parent issue as a major problem at Ryle is blown way out of proportion. Sure, you will always have a couple of challenges from parents but it was not anywhere near the major conflict or reason for the end of an era. At Ryle, I find very supportive parents, great kids who work hard, great community, great stadium. Only the workout facilities are subpar but so are the Birds' workout facilities, in other words, that one drawback is not an obstacle to success. I'm sure there will be many applicants including some outstanding seasoned coaches. I agree that Coach Woolf would be a strong candidate if he is interested. His son, Ryan, is a super young man and will be a senior leader next year on what will be a successful team. How cool would that be to take over a job and have your son on the team? Coach G would have had that privilege this year at BC if not for the very unfortunate injury to his outstanding son. Man, my heart went out to both of them this season. IMO, you could not go wrong with Coach Woolf and I believe he would bring some experienced offensive coaches and retain great people like Coach Harden, etc. The applicant roster will be long and it will take time to sort out the best candidate and conduct interviews. I would think that February would be the earliest we would hear an announcement about Coach #4 in Ryle's history. This change will be best for everyone involved. Best wishes to whoever is fortunate enough to land this job out of what will be a strong applicant field.

My gut says they will hire someone outside the system, albeit Woolf would be a quality selection. This job, with the previous freshman squads moving up, is probably the most attractive job within the state of Kentucky in a while. The problem is, it's not an easy job. I disagree with you regarding the parents. They are supportive of the program, the school, and of their kids while they are a student . Selfishly they try to remove coaches because of personal beef. Parents at Ryle are similar to alumni at a college program.

My gut says they will hire someone outside the system, albeit Woolf would be a quality selection. This job, with the previous freshman squads moving up, is probably the most attractive job within the state of Kentucky in a while. The problem is, it's not an easy job. I disagree with you regarding the parents. They are supportive of the program, the school, and of their kids while they are a student . Selfishly they try to remove coaches because of personal beef. Parents at Ryle are similar to alumni at a college program.

Are you saying parents are supportive while their kids are playing and then try to remove coaches when their kids are done?

It doesn't matter who they chose no one in UNION will be happy with their choice. I just hope the person that gets the job can

walk on water and is a yes man. They had a good coaching staff at Ryle and yes they did have their ups and downs. Just wish the

individual the best in Union. JD

Just throwing some names out:

4. Dave Wirth - When you have to beat Highlands just to move on in the playoffs you always have to keep one eye open.

Guru, if your only reason for Dave to move to Ryle is having to beat HHS to get into the playoffs, then that bubble is about to burst, as I pretty sure that CovCath moves to 5A in 2015 while HHS stays in 4A.

Why can't you all realize that coaching does not trump the situation you are in. Kozerski and Siple both are good coaches who didn't have good players this year. Would I hire them at Ryle? NO. But players matter people.

Developing players matters! Yes, it helps to start with having athletes, but the development of those athletes is the most important part of consistent success. You can't just wait for "the right class" to come along. You should be constantly developing kids if you want to be successful. I don't want to bash the last coaching staff, but it did confuse me why they have had the lack of success they have over the last two years. We all know there are plenty of athletes at Ryle. What is the problem? I understand there will be peaks and valleys, but for me, this current valley is tough to figure out with the athletes they have at that school.

So what is the problem? Coaching? Parents? Direction from above (meaning you'll do it my way)? Lack of preparation in the off season? Soft kids and parents that don't like what it actually takes to be good (discipline, dedication and hard work)? I have know idea, but something isn't right when you're looking from the outside.

Guru, if your only reason for Dave to move to Ryle is having to beat HHS to get into the playoffs, then that bubble is about to burst, as I pretty sure that CovCath moves to 5A in 2015 while HHS stays in 4A.

Did he apply at Boone last year?