Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ColonelTime

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ColonelTime

  1. With Warner out at Ryle there is not a Head Coach in NKY who has ever beat Highlands. The last 2 coaches to beat Highlands and compete with or beat Trinity have been run out of town. I am sure they forgot how to coach. Lesson to coaches be like some coaches and job hop, beat no one and people won't get tired of you.
  2. I would rank it tied for fourth right now. The jobs that the current and past coaches have done make me see it this way: 1. Highlands - Not an easy job for anyone but absolute community support, and incredible tradition. Maybe following Dale would be difficult with all the success he has had but if I were a coach I would love to take that job. 2. Beechwood - Once again great support and I feel Class A is not as difficult as 6A, because Beechwood is one of the "Trinitys", and "Highlands" of Class A. 3. Simon Kenton - the program has been built from the ashes and with open enrollment and not seeing a 4th high school in Kenton County any time soon I think it is a great job. Overcoming the monsters of Louisville is not an easy one. 4. Boone, Campbell, Conner, Cooper, Dixie, and Ryle are all places that I think could be put at the level that could bump Simon Kenton in time. IMO all of these teams (at 3 and 4) should play Highlands, Cov. Cath, and even though it isn't popular Beechwood and NCC because those programs will prepare you for a State Championship calliber team. You might beat the 1A nad 2A teams but you will usually be tested. Then look to play teams from Louisville or Cincinnati. Good luck to Ryle and Bryson Warner. Just my two cents.
  3. If by it you mean the 3A State Title someone should tell them and the KHSAA because neither recognize that year as a State Championship season for CCH.
  4. The answer is NO Beechwood does not need a change. I like reading all the he took over a power comments, Noel was at Beechwood with Yeagle for several years, if anyone understands the Beechwood (Yeagle) standard it is Noel.
  5. Only one loss prior to the State Title game. So his team has missed the Championship game only once.
  6. What do you estimate Highlands record would be against Trinity or St.X's schedule?
  7. I believe that playing a tough schedule is a good thing but saying 6A schools should play Highlands if they want to win a State title is ridiculous the last time the big school state champion played Highlands in a REAL game was 1998. The path to a big school state title does not go through Ft.Thomas. Look at the one NKY 6A school that played Highlands consistently they couldn't compete with the Birds and it led to Ft.Thomas people questioning the direction of that schools program which at the time was headed by one of their own. I hope SK never schedules highlands to continue to read how offended GROWN MEN get by the fact that SK is proud of their programs accomplishments. It really is no different than Highlands not playing Trinity in a real game yet want to be considered the best team in the State.
  8. It doesn't matter if SK won by 60 or 1 they won. Highlands fans you are better than that. At least I thought you were.
  9. I get what you are saying but in fairness 3 wins in 17 games is 1 more win than all other teams in NKY have against Highlands in that same span.
  10. I remember a QB in NKY a few years ago that had 40 D1 offers and no one picked him as the best in NKY.
  11. and the Birds don't get a L in the standings no different than Simon Kenton scrimaging St. X
  12. Good article but Cov. Cath. and Boone haven't opened the season up playing one another since 2006.
  13. Has then always been his philosophy? What would happen in Ft Thomas if he went 2 years without a state title not doing these things if say hypothetically of course they lost to Cov Cath who was doing those things. Before you answer with nothing I witnessed in 2005 they lost a home playoff game and the fans i was around told anyone that would listen how stupid he was and he didn't know anything about offense. Winning gives you the luxury of doing things like you mentioned but let a coach at Dixie, Boone, Simon or any other school who doesn't win state titles and they would be called lazy.
  14. Comparing this interview to the old Don Webber interviews I thought he was much calmer in this interview. I love hearing Coach Mueller talk about his team.
  15. I would buy a chance and if I won i would put the Birds on the loosing side of the board as that is the only way for me to get them there. Lol.
  16. Greg Preston was the QB of the Dixie team that beat Trinity in the playoffs. Matt O'Toole should be number 3 on this list Doug Jones was a great player but missed probably 15-17 games with injuries including his entire senior year. While Matt led DIxie to being the number one team in NKY that year, and bowed out of the playoffs against a Brohm led Trinity team in a really good game. With all do respect to Guru Matt O'Toole is in the top 3 over Doug Jones.
  17. You have to be kidding, Lickert has won 2 playoff games in 9 years. Thompson got his team to the state semi finals at least twice in that same span. Steve will be lucky to have Rick's post season success when he retires from coaching.
  18. No need to point fingers man. I just thought it would be common sense not to say something which is completely irrelevant to the topic and belittling to an entire program. I guess you lack that common sense.
  19. And yes, I am no longer a part of the team, but I still remain a Colonel for what I went through with those young men. This senior class as a whole will be really good. Looking forward to a great year in 2013!! Go Colonels!
  20. Are you serious? You're going to talk about a young man and a program like that? The life lessons you learn just from being involved in the sport are enough to trump the "winning" aspect of the game any day. Covington Catholic is an institution that gives young men a great education and lays a great foundation to be winners for the rest of their lives far beyond the playing field. Take it from someone who has been there. I wouldn't trade my varsity football experience at Covington Catholic for anything in the world and if you were to talk to any other player, they would say the same exact thing. We spend a lot of time in films, lifting, and practice with the ultimate goal of being the best players we can be and as long as you reach those goals, that's what makes you a winner. I guess you just don't understand.. But I hope what you said makes you feel very proud of the classless reputation that you are building for yourself.
  21. Actually not a school record but a boys basketball one, as Jackie Beardon scored over 3000 points at Dixie
  22. Wasn't Boone Co. 3 points away from the State title game JUST last year and now people want to run the coach out of town? He has more regional titles than all the other NKY 6A coaches combined.
  23. So 4 or 5 years ago you tried to get the guy fired from his job and now you want credit for believing in him? Congrats to the Colonels build on this one and turn the corner.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.