Everything posted by 35Bird
-
Highlands 41 Boyle County 21
Imma gonna have to come down for a game.
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
This sounds like me as I get older.
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
Thank you.
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
It may. Gotta juggle a few things.
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
Will we be able to buy tickets at the gate, or does it have to be done through an app?
-
Highlands Trophy Cleanout
I submitted the form for my era. I don't know that I'd buy anything -- it just seems wrong for me to move hardware to my home when it is so far away from DCM -- but I had to see what is available.
-
Highlands Trophy Cleanout
This is maybe the most Highlands problem ever.
-
Highlands 56 Covington Catholic 26 (NKY Frosh Championship)
I swear, it ain’t me.
-
Highlands 56 Covington Catholic 26 (NKY Frosh Championship)
First quarter 4 possessions 3 TDs 1 fumble Yeah, they look pretty good.
-
Highlands 42 Scott County 28
Maybe the D needs to go to a 5-3. I may be joking.
-
2025 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings
The Highlands 1979 Freshman team (the boys who were seniors on the 1982 Varsity team) won every one of their games by shutout. Did not give up a single point all season. Felt obliged to throw in some ancient history.
-
Question About A Science Experiment
I was a biologist earlier in my life, with loads of lab experience. Never really had this happen to me, and I never did it to anyone else. But scientists are a passionate breed. They don't (always) seek the limelight, but other folks getting or even worse taking credit for their efforts is hurtful. I was never in the military, but the term "stolen valor" seems appropriate here. In one sense, this behavior is shoddy in every job, but you are part of your experiments and your experiments are part of you when you are a scientist. It cuts deeply.
-
Highlands 57 Scott 6
CovCath and Highlands fans reaching an odd, never before seen concordance and kumbaya. I didn't remember when NC made their move out of 3A So Sir, as you said, we are both right. And may we both be celebrating state championships in December.
-
Highlands 57 Scott 6
Newport Catholic was in that sub district with Highlands, Scott, and Newport also.
-
The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS Football w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan : Season 2
You all have talked about recruiting and how college coaches hear about good players. How do college coaches hear about interior offensive linemen? They don’t have the flashy stat numbers like yds, tds, tackles, int, et cetera.
-
2023 Highlands Bluebirds
Back in the early 80’s, CovCath was the second game of the regular season. After the Dayton opener and before NewCath. So it’s been a minute.
-
Combined 1st Round Scores
The scores are lopsided because the #1 seeds are crushing the #4s. The answer is obvious. Keep the #1 seeds out of the playoffs. Yeah, you read that right. 3 plays 4 because those are more competitive, 2 gets a bye
-
Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
Now it’s over.
-
Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
Scott County fields onside kick cleanly on the Birds 46.
-
Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
1:49 sorry
-
Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
Not quite over. Birds score on a Benke keeper. 29-23 with about 1:30 left.
-
Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
Field goal wide left!
-
What's the most famous (or infamous) Highlands vs. Cov Cath game?
In my view, as great as that 1982 team was, one of its overlooked contributions was the beginning of the transition to CCH as our biggest rival.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
Nice and sunny at the Fort right now.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
I drove 400 miles to catch this game tonight. A little walk will remind me of 40 seasons ago.