Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 12:00 AM

The Cardinals make their way to David Cecil Memorial stadium in round two. Both teams handled their first round opponents. Who wins and why? 

Two interesting notes on the game (at least to me): 

1. HHS saw the return of Matteo Matteoli last night. Matteo has game changing potential and forces teams to take some attention off of Charlie Noon. I am interested to see how he is used in round 2. 

2. Scott Co. brings in one of the more difficult offenses in the state to defend. The Birds defense will have lock in and read their "keys" and not get caught up in the window dressing of the option offense or we could see a shoot out in Ft. Thomas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did not know Scott Co still ran the option. I think it should be a good matchup for Highlands D, with their overall D speed.  Only thing that would seem concerning is if Scott Co has a big bruising FB style RB. Also not sure if Highlands has faced the option so might be a learning curve. On KHSAA, Scott County’s leading passer is around 14th on the team rushing yards which is a good sign for the birds I think? 

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

The Cardinals make their way to David Cecil Memorial stadium in round two. Both teams handled their first round opponents. Who wins and why? 

Two interesting notes on the game (at least to me): 

1. HHS saw the return of Matteo Matteoli last night. Matteo has game changing potential and forces teams to take some attention off of Charlie Noon. I am interested to see how he is used in round 2. 

2. Scott Co. brings in one of the more difficult offenses in the state to defend. The Birds defense will have lock in and read their "keys" and not get caught up in the window dressing of the option offense or we could see a shoot out in Ft. Thomas. 

Nice to hear a guy returned. I’m not familiar with the player. So, I’ve not seen the guy make any big plays on the varsity level yet that I’m aware of. What’s his story? Was he a great jv player in the past just coming back? Hurt early this year I assume. Any  varsity last year? Sorry, I wasn’t paying much attention last year. 

I hope he has a huge game, I just don’t see him taking any focus at all from Charlie Noon until he actually makes a few game changing varsity plays. I have a hard time anointing a guy before he proves himself on the field. There’s been a lot of guys who were supposedly great, but no one ever saw it. But I do hope you’re right and there’s another guy with Charlie Noon potential in the lineup. 

56 minutes ago, Quiet_Storm11 said:

For the record Scott Co. does not and has never run the option 

SC's offense is not a traditional triple option offense but they absolutely do run read option very well and use a ton of misdirection that can get defenses in trouble if they have their eyes in the backfield rather than their keys. 

• theguru changed the title to Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic