Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 102 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Cardinals make their way to David Cecil Memorial stadium in round two. Both teams handled their first round opponents. Who wins and why? 

Two interesting notes on the game (at least to me): 

1. HHS saw the return of Matteo Matteoli last night. Matteo has game changing potential and forces teams to take some attention off of Charlie Noon. I am interested to see how he is used in round 2. 

2. Scott Co. brings in one of the more difficult offenses in the state to defend. The Birds defense will have lock in and read their "keys" and not get caught up in the window dressing of the option offense or we could see a shoot out in Ft. Thomas. 

  • Replies 203
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Builder1214
    Builder1214

    Scott County has played in 3 title games winning one. Here is an interesting tidbit about 4a/6ateams not named Male, St. X, or Trinity winning the State title since 1990. All were the Cardinals and al

  • I hope this does not offend too many HHS fans, but they have a pretty high quality YouTube broadcast, but we're going to be switching our broadcast to Trinity at Simon Kenton so fans get the chance to

  • Quiet_Storm11
    Quiet_Storm11

    For the record Scott Co. does not and has never run the option 

Posted Images

Did not know Scott Co still ran the option. I think it should be a good matchup for Highlands D, with their overall D speed.  Only thing that would seem concerning is if Scott Co has a big bruising FB style RB. Also not sure if Highlands has faced the option so might be a learning curve. On KHSAA, Scott County’s leading passer is around 14th on the team rushing yards which is a good sign for the birds I think? 

Scott County takes it… McKee always does a good job preparing for the postseason. 

This one feels like a toss up to me. I’ll give the Birds the edge since they are at home. 

I think this will be an interesting game. I believe Highlands wins closely, good luck to both teams.

Is there a way to put a vote for the winner on this one?

For the record Scott Co. does not and has never run the option 

7 minutes ago, Quiet_Storm11 said:

For the record Scott Co. does not and has never run the option 

Good. I hate playing the option. It’s a completely different defense mindset. 

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

The Cardinals make their way to David Cecil Memorial stadium in round two. Both teams handled their first round opponents. Who wins and why? 

Two interesting notes on the game (at least to me): 

1. HHS saw the return of Matteo Matteoli last night. Matteo has game changing potential and forces teams to take some attention off of Charlie Noon. I am interested to see how he is used in round 2. 

2. Scott Co. brings in one of the more difficult offenses in the state to defend. The Birds defense will have lock in and read their "keys" and not get caught up in the window dressing of the option offense or we could see a shoot out in Ft. Thomas. 

Nice to hear a guy returned. I’m not familiar with the player. So, I’ve not seen the guy make any big plays on the varsity level yet that I’m aware of. What’s his story? Was he a great jv player in the past just coming back? Hurt early this year I assume. Any  varsity last year? Sorry, I wasn’t paying much attention last year. 

I hope he has a huge game, I just don’t see him taking any focus at all from Charlie Noon until he actually makes a few game changing varsity plays. I have a hard time anointing a guy before he proves himself on the field. There’s been a lot of guys who were supposedly great, but no one ever saw it. But I do hope you’re right and there’s another guy with Charlie Noon potential in the lineup. 

Has Highlands ever run a reverse pass type of play with Noon orbiting from WR and throwing it? 

28 14 cards.

5 minutes ago, Redheat said:

28 14 cards.

Is that a Scott Co Cardinal logo?

  • Author
56 minutes ago, Quiet_Storm11 said:

For the record Scott Co. does not and has never run the option 

 SC's offense is not a traditional triple option offense but they absolutely do run read option very well and use a ton of misdirection that can get defenses in trouble if they have their eyes in the backfield rather than their keys. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.