Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 12:00 AM

18 hours ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

Highlands has a few coaches on staff that know the wing t style offensive from their days of playing at HHS back in the early 90s. If you understand it, then you can stop it. Those coaches do coach the defense. This is going to be a great game not to miss. 

I believe most coaching staffs have had a few guys on staff that have either played against, coached against, and or even ran the wing T themselves at some point as a player or a coach. Yet still doesn’t make it any easier to stop. It’s not like people don’t know what’s coming. Coaches can prepare and tell players exactly what to do and what is coming, it is still a whole other thing to stop it. Especially since most teams these days are use to playing against spread offenses, it’s a whole new thing for players today to see when they never seen it. Especially when there is no way for a teams scout offense to even come close to replicating it in practice to get use to it. 

I agree this will be a great game and most likely a high scoring game. 

• Like 2

Playing or even coaching against it doesn’t mean you understand it.  The footwork and timing of it is hard to replicate.  The Scott Co version is not the same as what Tubby gave the masses so many years ago. It’s not the hybrid version that has more southern roots. 

It’s going to be a good game to go see. The real question is how soon before kickoff to get there and how is parking?

This is what a game thread should be about. Fans talking about the intricacies of both teams O and Ds. I’d like to see a high scoring game but I also love true defensive games. 

since I’m off today I took the time to look back in the archives. These teams met in the regular season in 2016(9 point SC win) at Highlands and in 2017( a huge blowout win for SC) at Scott Co. In 2016 SC had a player ejected for elbowing the official in the stomach and a couple other players were way to intense according to the threads. Both threads had multiple fans complaint about the lack of holding calls, will we hear the same Friday? With all the misdirection that the Wing-T I’m sure it’ll be a common complaint regardless if it’s truly a foul or not. Good thing is neither team can argue home cooking as officials from neither region will be calling this one.

I'm excited as heck to be able to make this one.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, barrel said:

Playing or even coaching against it doesn’t mean you understand it.  The footwork and timing of it is hard to replicate.  The Scott Co version is not the same as what Tubby gave the masses so many years ago. It’s not the hybrid version that has more southern roots. 

It’s going to be a good game to go see. The real question is how soon before kickoff to get there and how is parking?

Well said on the strategy point.  You cannot simulate what they do with an ordinary scout team.  In reference to your quesiton on parking, I would give yourself a minimum of 1.5 hours.  Parking is always a nightmare as the nearly all of Ft. Thomas will be there.

• Like 1

Hoping that MM2.0 and the Bluebirds pull this one out and then tune in to root for the Colonels to pull out a close one in overtime vs FD, arranging an anniversary date we haven’t celebrated in a few years:

A Region Championship between Birds & Colonels, in November, in Fort Thomas, one of my favorite places to watch a football game, and the greatest rivalry in the state. 

Bird fans, remember this because you’ll never hear it again: GO BIRDS! 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Hoping that MM2.0 and the Bluebirds pull this one out and then tune in to root for the Colonels to pull out a close one in overtime vs FD, arranging an anniversary date we haven’t celebrated in a few years:

A Region Championship between Birds & Colonels, in November, in Fort Thomas, one of my favorite places to watch a football game, and the greatest rivalry in the state. 

Love it @TheConch  Game would actually be in Park Hills as CCH has the better RPI. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Hey right back at you. Go Colonels!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I believe most coaching staffs have had a few guys on staff that have either played against, coached against, and or even ran the wing T themselves at some point as a player or a coach. Yet still doesn’t make it any easier to stop. It’s not like people don’t know what’s coming. Coaches can prepare and tell players exactly what to do and what is coming, it is still a whole other thing to stop it. Especially since most teams these days are use to playing against spread offenses, it’s a whole new thing for players today to see when they never seen it. Especially when there is no way for a teams scout offense to even come close to replicating it in practice to get use to it. 

I agree this will be a great game and most likely a high scoring game. 

You're right, a great Wing-T, Singe Wing or Double Wing team could probably stand there and tell you where the ball is going, and the defense would still mis-play it.  

Heck, I've coaches that have ran four or five players for entire games, entire seasons, close to entire careers and teams still couldn't stop them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, throwback32 said:

The weather forecast does not bode well for the Birds.

I just grabbed this for Friday from weather.com:

Cloudy with occasional rain...mainly in the morning. High 61F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.