Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 12:00 AM

Just now, Jack of all Trades said:

As I said to someone earlier this week, I would have much more confidence if Weinrich was calling the defense on this game.  Biggest question mark for me is can the defensive front control the line of scrimmage.  If so, Birds have a really good chance to win this game.

Speaking of trying to defend Scott County, they are the one team that consistently "fakes me out" when I am watching them.  I have trouble finding the ball at times and not just this year.  

Like many others have mentioned, I expect both teams to do a lot of scoring.

Should be a classic!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

As I said to someone earlier this week, I would have much more confidence if Weinrich was calling the defense on this game.  Biggest question mark for me is can the defensive front control the line of scrimmage.  If so, Birds have a really good chance to win this game.

Not sure the Weinrich 2 man front would work in this game. Here are the point totals for Scott Co. in 2015-2018 while he was the Head Coach. All losses - 54, 42, 71, and 28 (Game ended at Halftime due to storms). I am confident in this team and staff. Let's look towards the future and not the past! Go Birds!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Karen said:

Should be a very physical game (Highlands being the more physical team) might get a little chippy at times.

Do you really think Highlands is more physical than Scott County?  If anything, I was thinking the opposite. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you really think Highlands is more physical than Scott County?  If anything, I was thinking the opposite. 

Since the Cov Cath game Highlands defense has been a brutal bunch of bullies. I have no idea how physical SC is though. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Speaking of trying to defend Scott County, they are the one team that consistently "fakes me out" when I am watching them.  I have trouble finding the ball at times and not just this year.  

Like many others have mentioned, I expect both teams to do a lot of scoring.

Should be a classic!

Don’t watch the RBs. Watch the OL. That helps. If you can soft focus then you can find the ball. Now on the field that’s a lot tougher and the keys on their offense are slightly different than your typical wing-t. 

Scott Co is a very physical team. It’s not a sometimes thing for them but an every year thing for them. I’m not saying HHS lacks physicality. Until the past four years they had to be built to go through the Male, St X and T and recently Douglas. You better be physical and able to bully back if you have to go through those teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, barrel said:

Don’t watch the RBs. Watch the OL. That helps. If you can soft focus (it’s an eye sight thing) then you can find the ball. Now on the field that’s a lot tougher and the keys on their offense are slightly different than your typical wing-t. 

Scott Co is a very physical team. It’s not a sometimes thing for them but an every year thing for them. I’m not saying HHS lacks physicality. Until the past four years they had to be built to go through the Male, St X and T and recently Douglas. You better be physical and able to bully back if you have to go through those teams. 

You're right barrel, I am a sucker for the ball, lol.

I agree on Scott County, they always look like men to me. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

For me the Cooper game final score is a little misleading. Cooper was actually up for a portion of the first half and Scott Co came back and then pulled away. When Highlands played Cooper there was basically a brick wall built on the goal line. I think that reads as more of a nod to Highlands.

Scott Co and Lex Cath played a relatively close game. Cov Cath and Lex Cath seemed evenly matched and Lex Cath lost that one. Highlands beat Cov Cath by scoring over 30 points while handing Cov Cath 3 turnovers in Cov Cath's red zone AT COV CATH. I believe at this moment Highlands is about 14 points better than Cov Cath and Lex Cath minimum. 

Against "good" teams (even-ish matchups) Scott Co scores around 28-30 points. Scott county will score similarly against Highlands. If Highlands plays a clean game I think they score 35 to 40 points at home in this atmosphere. 

Obviously could be wrong and/or looking through blue tinted glasses. Can't wait to see what happens.

Have to completely agree to disagree on your Cooper analysis of both games. While Cooper led after the first quarter, Scott County was up by 21 at half and basically had the game won at that point. While Cooper and Highlands was still just 13 to 5 while in the third quarter, before Highlands slowly pulled away.  

The Scott County/Lexcath game, Scott County controlled throughout including being up 28 to 7 at one point I believe, before LexCath did make a comeback, including getting an onside kick at the end to make it a one score game. Then Scott County at the end of the year also has an impressive win over one of the top 6A teams in the state. That’s why at this time I think trajectory and all that favors Scott County some. Highlands definitely is playing their best ball at the right time of the year too and obviously finished the season very strong with a nice long winning streak and a good win over a rival. It’s definitely going to be a fun game, and should be high scoring. Hopefully the rain holds off, this way Highlands doesn’t have to worry about the rain hurting their pass game. 

No rain I think Scott County wins by about 10. If it rains all game, I think Scott County wins by 20 or more. 

36 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Have to completely agree to disagree on your Cooper analysis of both games. While Cooper led after the first quarter, Scott County was up by 21 at half and basically had the game won at that point. While Cooper and Highlands was still just 13 to 5 while in the third quarter, before Highlands slowly pulled away.  

The Scott County/Lexcath game, Scott County controlled throughout including being up 28 to 7 at one point I believe, before LexCath did make a comeback, including getting an onside kick at the end to make it a one score game. Then Scott County at the end of the year also has an impressive win over one of the top 6A teams in the state. That’s why at this time I think trajectory and all that favors Scott County some. Highlands definitely is playing their best ball at the right time of the year too and obviously finished the season very strong with a nice long winning streak and a good win over a rival. It’s definitely going to be a fun game, and should be high scoring. Hopefully the rain holds off, this way Highlands doesn’t have to worry about the rain hurting their pass game. 

No rain I think Scott County wins by about 10. If it rains all game, I think Scott County wins by 20 or more. 

Well I wasn’t at any Scott Co games but that Highlands Cooper game was never in any kind of doubt. To be honest I’m not sure if Cooper got more than 3 first downs in the game. Highlands defense is fast and flys to the ball. Hopefully they have the discipline to stay at home and do their job this week with all the mis direction.