Highlands vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 12:00 AM

24 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

I hope this does not offend too many HHS fans, but they have a pretty high quality YouTube broadcast, but we're going to be switching our broadcast to Trinity at Simon Kenton so fans get the chance to view both games.

I am a Highlands fan, you are doing the right thing to do the Trinity at SK game. Highlands does a pretty good job with their students and it is a free service. Now we get the best of both worlds. Get all the talent out on the field baby!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the scores of previous games and the trajectory of each team I've come to this prediction. I think Highlands can hold Scott Co to less than 30 points, and I think Highlands can score more than 30:

Cardinals   28

Birds          34

Also I am hoping to watch the game while sitting between Karen and Fan of Karen if possible.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Looking at the scores of previous games and the trajectory of each team I've come to this prediction. I think Highlands can hold Scott Co to less than 30 points, and I think Highlands can score more than 30:

Cardinals   28

Birds          34

Also I am hoping to watch the game while sitting between Karen and Fan of Karen if possible.

Only if we can snuggle @El Diablo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Cardinals   28

Birds          34

You may end up being correct. I’m curious at what scores and trajectories did you look at that helped come to this conclusion? A common opponent they both played recently in Cooper, Scott County handled much easier. Plus most recently Scott County has played more top teams at the end of their schedule compared to Highlands. So it would seem the trajectory also favors Scott County. 

Your score prediction though is not far off though to what Calpreps predicts. Calpreps just has the opposite on who wins. Calpreps has Scott County winning 31 to 27. Which I honestly think both teams will score more than that, unless it is raining all game. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

You may end up being correct. I’m curious at what scores and trajectories did you look at that helped come to this conclusion? A common opponent they both played recently in Cooper, Scott County handled much easier. Plus most recently Scott County has played more top teams at the end of their schedule compared to Highlands. So it would seem the trajectory also favors Scott County. 

Your score prediction though is not far off though to what Calpreps predicts. Calpreps just has the opposite on who wins. Calpreps has Scott County winning 31 to 27. Which I honestly think both teams will score more than that, unless it is raining all game. 

For me the Cooper game final score is a little misleading. Cooper was actually up for a portion of the first half and Scott Co came back and then pulled away. When Highlands played Cooper there was basically a brick wall built on the goal line. I think that reads as more of a nod to Highlands.

Scott Co and Lex Cath played a relatively close game. Cov Cath and Lex Cath seemed evenly matched and Lex Cath lost that one. Highlands beat Cov Cath by scoring over 30 points while handing Cov Cath 3 turnovers in Cov Cath's red zone AT COV CATH. I believe at this moment Highlands is about 14 points better than Cov Cath and Lex Cath minimum. 

Against "good" teams (even-ish matchups) Scott Co scores around 28-30 points. Scott county will score similarly against Highlands. If Highlands plays a clean game I think they score 35 to 40 points at home in this atmosphere. 

Obviously could be wrong and/or looking through blue tinted glasses. Can't wait to see what happens.

Field may still be wet by kickoff, leading to slick footballs, with cold weather. Will this be the true first cold weather game for each team? Will be the first game for either team to have to battle wet footballs? Just another twist or two between seemingly equal teams.

4 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Field may still be wet by kickoff, leading to slick footballs, with cold weather. Will this be the true first cold weather game for each team? Will be the first game for either team to have to battle wet footballs? Just another twist or two between seemingly equal teams.

It will be 54 degrees when the game kicks off, not exactly cold weather and the rain looks like it will end at least a couple of hours before kickoff so I am optimistic. 

• Like 1