Who are the favorites for the Ryle coaching opening?

theguru

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They took applications for a month through January 6. I'm fairly confident that the subcommittee had been formed and was ready to roll immediately after the application deadline. I'm guessing there were some very high-quality but not a high quantity of applicants including Coach Woolf. You cannot rush an important process that will have a long-lasting impact. It is premature to say the process has been lengthy at this point IMHWO. (w = worthless)

Edited by StraightShooter

As a highly involved parent at Ryle since 2001 when my daughter began high school there , I saw no negative program-changing impact by parents during Bryson's tenure. Things were done his way to his credit. Many disagreed with certain aspects of coaching, but Bryson's decisions were firm and final. This Power Ranger/TCM stuff is a bunch of excrement and had nothing to do with the coaching change. I would say parents have done more good for a football program at Ryle to help an entire school than any other in NKY. How about raising $956,000 to renovate a stadium? That was a football parent-driven initiative and many other parents from football and other sports gave generous donations to team up with the major gift from Mrs. Borland, a Ryle grandparent. There are a few loudmouth parents in every crowd, but I find the parents to be very supportive at Ryle. The new coach will do well with a good staff and some offensive creativity.

There are a lot of posters on here who cite the "TCM," but I haven't seen any cite anything I would consider evidence. One would think on a website with anonymous accounts, free memberships, and even a controversial issues forum there'd be some claims of substance if there were such undue influence.

Another thing that makes it appear unreliable is that those posters who bring up the "TCM" offer contradictory claims about its influence. Some say parents had all but taken over the team, including making personnel decisions. Others say parents had sought influence with Warner to get their kids on the field, and when it didn't work they had him fired. Both can't be true.

There are a lot of posters on here who cite the "TCM," but I haven't seen any cite anything I would consider evidence. One would think on a website with anonymous accounts, free memberships, and even a controversial issues forum there'd be some claims of substance if there were such undue influence.

Another thing that makes it appear unreliable is that those posters who bring up the "TCM" offer contradictory claims about its influence. Some say parents had all but taken over the team, including making personnel decisions. Others say parents had sought influence with Warner to get their kids on the field, and when it didn't work they had him fired. Both can't be true.

To say parents didn't have any influence all you had to do was look at the coaching staff.

To say parents didn't have any influence all you had to do was look at the coaching staff.

Bryson always played the best without favorites. Sure, anyone can question why there was not a move to two platoon or why one young man played one position vs. another, but I can't think of a time when a young man was given preferential treatment because his father coached or gave money. Bryson did not roll that way. That's a bunch of cow pile.

Bryson always played the best without favorites. Sure, anyone can question why there was not a move to two platoon or why one young man played one position vs. another, but I can't think of a time when a young man was given preferential treatment because his father coached or gave money. Bryson did not roll that way. That's a bunch of cow pile.

You could be right. Just reporting the perception of some close to the program is all.

You are absolutely 100% right about Bryson playing the best kids. I also know of parents who called him directly about how much and the position their kids were playing. He shut them down. So where else does a disgruntled parent turn. He gets others to join his dismay and called the AD. Which had nothing to do with his game plans, but I can only conclude had something to do with his removal. I'm not throwing out any names because I Like the kids, it's not there fault that their parents would do that. They don't deserve the backlash. But please believe me their was calls to get him out. This may have contributed or may not have. So given that fact, it only adds to Bryson's character. I'm a Warner fan. And I'm disappointed that a parent for the few years your kid is there would try to wreck a program because you didn't get your way.

We should keep this on the new coach but....

Bryson was not retained for one reason: the product on and off the field was not satisfactory. It happens. Parents who may have complained didn't CAUSE the problem. They reacted to the problem. The principal isnt going to replace a coach who is doing well. Why would he? You think he enjoys going through the hiring process?

We've been down this road. There has not been one player who has played varsity minutes who didn't deserve it. Your source is bitter and wrong.

We agree to disagree about the TCM influence vs. many other factors as the reason for the coaching change. As to the thread topic, Mike Woolf is the only favorite I know because he is the only person that I'm sure applied. I really have no idea who will be selected or when, but would expect a decision in the next couple of weeks. My thoughts are the same as in Post #20 and everyone is looking forward to the announcement. Strength and conditioning workouts are going well thanks to Coach Woolf and other dedicated assistants.

Did parents complain to you about Bryson Warner and staff? Did parents complain to administration?

We've been down this road. There has not been one player who has played varsity minutes who didn't deserve it. Your source is bitter and wrong.

I know for a fact that is the case, but the case I know of the player is long gone and is about to graduate college. I know that one first hand, I know of others through current student body is to why they did not play football after the freshman level.

Weve been down the road before like you said and as I've told you over and over again, simply having the perception alone is bad enough and with the number of parents on the coaching staff did nothing to help,the situation. We'll leave it at that. It's in the past and I hope the future coaching staff does what it can to dispell those type of theories etc.

I think Bryson was up unfairly put in the position that had that perception. I like Bryson a lot, enjoy talking tomhimmwhen I do, but at the same time he did little to disprove such perceptions also which I think unfairly may have contributed to his demise. Which is a shame.