Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

akw4572

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by akw4572

  1. I wouldn't leave it! The built in DVR is tremendous, and using it on devices is very easy. Best streaming service I've experienced by far. There is a free trial to give it a go.
  2. I've had zero problems. Just make sure you have a good internet connection. I think maybe the new channels were the Nat Geo ones? I'm streaming to a 70" TV and you can't tell it's streamed.
  3. Here's what I found: I cannot load any content from WWE Network - Disable Firewall
  4. I've had YouTube TV for a month now. I'm loving it. Bought a Roku Ultra for it, the guide is as fast as my old Cable guide now, it zips around. Can't even tell it's streamed.
  5. You've got the score backwards. Conner won 51-48
  6. Not to mention, Rowe coached lots of baseball at Brossart himself. He knows the game well, and he KNOWS Krumps knows the game well.
  7. 28-13 Conner with 4 minutes to go.
  8. If you can afford it, and don't mind, and it will be compatible with your dock, get a Mac. Mine is 4 years old this month (15" MBPR) and it still rocks. I had 2 HP's die in 32 days back in grad school in 2013. Decided to go that route. I love it. Run windows on parallels if needed, and all the Microsoft Office programs work seamlessly.
  9. Larry, he played at Conner and graduated in 1991.
  10. Glad to see the two playing with playoff implications on the line. I'm sure it was fun for players, coaches, and fans. No matter the outcome of this game, I think the winner of the Conner/Cooper game next week would probably be the #1 seed.
  11. Lloyd is coming to Conner tonight at 6.
  12. That's because you don't understand what is important to college bound students. It's how many hours you can get on the cheap in your HS before you have to pay premium $$ for it, and what's offered. Student's can get quality education at almost any of the NKY schools. I don't go by what some magazine says is so. I actually do the looking up, and what's offered for potential students. Put a motivated student at Conner or Beechwood, and they'd be fine at either institution. But to say that Conner doesn't offer the same level of education is wrong.
  13. That depends on the school system. Typically, if you work for a school system (job capacity varies on the system's policy), and the school isn't over enrollment cap, you can send your son/daughter to the school of choice.
  14. Bingo. Somebody else who likes facts.
  15. No it's not as simple as a ranking in a publication, or Hellbird's opinion. You wanted to talk facts. I'm measuring by what college bound students want to take (I'm assuming all of these students that are transferring to Beechwood for academic reasons would be college bound), and what's offered. You still haven't answered the question of how many college hours can a kid graduate from Beechwood with by taking AP classes, etc.? I looked up all of the classes offered at Conner, a schedule a student can potentially take, and the college hours UK would give for scores on exams. I'm talking in facts.
  16. It's a myth anyway. I just looked up the school report cards. Here are the facts: Teachers at Beechwood: % with Bachelor's: 16 % with Master's: 48 % with Rank I: 20 Teachers at Conner: % with Bachelor's: 14.6 % with Master's: 50.6 % with Rank I: 20.2 Neither school has a teacher with a doctorate according to the 2013-2014 school report card.
  17. OK, I can talk facts too. Conner had 120 out of 286 kids that took the ACT in a gap group, or on an IEP. Beechwood had 17 out of 90. I'd bet if you looked at the top 90 scores at Conner, they'd be very favorable to Beechwood. But you keep relying on Cincy Magazine to tell you who's good. Again, you can get 62 hours of college credit at Conner before you graduate. How many can you get at Beechwood? Across the board, Beechwood's scores are better, but it's a much smaller sample of the population. But if your student wants access to more opportunity to obtain college credit while in HS, Conner offers more. It's because more teachers, more students = more classes Conner can offer. There is nothing at Beechwood that is offered academically that's not offered at Conner. Students are going to get as much out of a HS education as they put into it. It's not about the building, it's about what's offered, and how hard kids are willing to stack up their schedule. Both are fine schools.
  18. As is Conner. What can a kid get at Beechwood they can't get at Conner?
  19. So is Conner. At Conner a student can earn up to 62 hours of college credit through AP and dual enrollment classes before they graduate. All of this without taking a single class outside of school hours. Because of the large enrollment/faculty, Conner has more AP classes to offer as well. The academic argument doesn't hold up.
  20. I'll echo the sentiment. Congrats to a very classy, top notch man and coach.
  21. Conner is no Dayton!
  22. I didn't say that. I asked if that's why he's leaving. If you say no, then why the potential change? Increase in salary? More prestige at Ryle? Has he taken Covcath as far as he feels he can? I don't know the answer.
  23. Woolf was part of a staff that beat Highlands. Is that why Wirth is leaving Covcath,the fact he can't beat Highlands? Or is he chasing money? Woolf has been very loyal.
  24. I know you meant Hebron.......:up:
  25. I'd say there is a huge difference between Woolf and Niederman. Woolf wasn't out applying for every job that came open, instead he was staying loyal to the program he was in. He applied for one other job, and decided to stay put to be loyal to the program, players, and coaches he was with. It would be foolish for Woolf to not be the front runner for the job. When you have a guy with his class, his pedigree, his coaching talent, and he already teaches in your building?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.