Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warner is out, Ryle fires him today

Featured Replies

Bryson fired today from Ryle. Should Wolfe get job automatically?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never like seeing coaches fired especially at the HS level but sometimes changes are for the best.

 

Sometimes when things are not going in the right direction its best to perform a lengthy and thorough selection process and hiring within might not fix the issues or problems. At a school with the resources like Ryle I would think that geographically they would search the Midwest for their new guy...JMO

Best of luck to BW. Good guy. The zealous parent involvement will and should be a huge factor with his replacement. He got caught up in a quagmire.

Kevin Siple?......Would he take the job? With his experience at Indian Hill, Kevin could handle the politics that would come with this job. IMO!

In my opinion this is one of the better jobs around. I bet they get a ton of applicants..

Like Sweep said, they should take their time in this process. Don't rush it. I'm sure the list of applicants will be lengthy. If I'm the hiring committee, which I'm not, I would clean house. Start fresh especially with the talent they have coming into the Varsity program.

Got wind of this a couple weeks ago but didn't want to get on here and start "rumors."

 

This has been about a 3 or 4 week process.

 

I wish Bryson nothing but the best. He really is a good guy and will coach elsewhere, IMO. Just not a good fit for either right now.

Ryle is the 2nd best public school job in NKy...

Ryle is the 2nd best public school job in NKy...

 

Agreed.

Ryle is the 2nd best public school job in NKy...

 

Simon Kenton is the best!

Shocked Warner got fired. I would love to see Marksberry talk him into joining the Simon Kenton staff.

Simon Kenton is the best!

 

In Independence....:banana:

Kevin Siple?......Would he take the job? With his experience at Indian Hill, Kevin could handle the politics that would come with this job. IMO!

 

Not likely Ryle would hire him considering his year with Grant Co. this past season.

Ryle is the 2nd best public school job in NKy...

 

I would rank it tied for fourth right now. The jobs that the current and past coaches have done make me see it this way:

 

1. Highlands - Not an easy job for anyone but absolute community support, and incredible tradition. Maybe following Dale would be difficult with all the success he has had but if I were a coach I would love to take that job.

 

2. Beechwood - Once again great support and I feel Class A is not as difficult as 6A, because Beechwood is one of the "Trinitys", and "Highlands" of Class A.

 

3. Simon Kenton - the program has been built from the ashes and with open enrollment and not seeing a 4th high school in Kenton County any time soon I think it is a great job. Overcoming the monsters of Louisville is not an easy one.

 

4. Boone, Campbell, Conner, Cooper, Dixie, and Ryle are all places that I think could be put at the level that could bump Simon Kenton in time.

 

IMO all of these teams (at 3 and 4) should play Highlands, Cov. Cath, and even though it isn't popular Beechwood and NCC because those programs will prepare you for a State Championship calliber team. You might beat the 1A nad 2A teams but you will usually be tested. Then look to play teams from Louisville or Cincinnati.

 

Good luck to Ryle and Bryson Warner.

 

Just my two cents.

Not likely Ryle would hire him considering his year with Grant Co. this past season.

 

A lot of good coaches at places that will never win on a consistant base without going through years like this.

 

If football knowledgeable people are making the hire, they probably factor in what he or anybody else with a year like that didnt have to work with especially since he has had sucess before.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.