Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6 Classes?

Featured Replies

This would be better for you if they down-size the districts. Instead of having to play 7-8 distrct games against lesser teams youll have more room to play tougher non-district opponents so if you choose to do it youll have better competiton this way. I like the pigmently accentuated part that was cute.
There would likely only be one team fewer in the both Louisville districts (Iroquois would drop Shelby would probably be moved). Not that much of an impact.
  • Replies 182
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would likely only be one team fewer in the both Louisville districts (Iroquois would drop Shelby would probably be moved). Not that much of an impact.

 

 

Rowdy

They could very well break the districts up by using teams from the opposite regions to compose the new districts. That way they could limit district sizes to 4 or 5. Then teams would be open to play tough non-district schedules. That is what I have understood in speaking with some of the coaches reps. We shall see.

Rowdy

They could very well break the districts up by using teams from the opposite regions to compose the new districts. That way they could limit district sizes to 4 or 5. Then teams would be open to play tough non-district schedules. That is what I have understood in speaking with some of the coaches reps. We shall see.

In all likelyhood the districts would look as so. (I don't know the geographic makeup of lexington schools so districts 7 and 8 could have some teams swapped)

D1Graves County,Christian County,Greenwood,Marshall Co.

D2Henderson Co,Daviess County,Apollo, Meade Co

D3North Hardin,John Hardin,Central Hardin,Nelson Co.

D4PRP,DuPont Manual,Male,Butler, St. Xavier

D5Eastern,Seneca,Ballard,Fern Creek,Southern,Trinity

D6Conner,Ryle,Campbell County,Boone Co,Simon Kenton

D7Paul Dunbar,Henry Clay,Scott Co,Tates Creek,Shelby co.

D8Bryan Station,Lafayette,George Rogers Clark,Madison Central

How difficult will it be for teams like X and T to fill out a 10 game schedule if they only have four district games?

How difficult will it be for teams like X and T to fill out a 10 game schedule if they only have four district games?

 

 

 

Only a guess, but with thier resources they could play the best anywhere...I would think. I would love to see some matchups between them and some National powers go at it...would be interesting.

I am not for 6 classes. Kentucky doesn't have the numbers for it, period. The numbers don't bear it out.

Only a guess, but with thier resources they could play the best anywhere...I would think. I would love to see some matchups between them and some National powers go at it...would be interesting.

 

 

That could be a problem since those types of matchups are costly.

That could be a problem since those types of matchups are costly.

And those nice new stadiums need to be used.

How difficult will it be for teams like X and T to fill out a 10 game schedule if they only have four district games?

I dont think that would be a problem at all for teams to go and play at their top notch facilities they would jump at the chance and everyone knows that both teams travel exceptionally well so I dont think either would have a problem scheduling either home or away games.

And those nice new stadiums need to be used.

So do a standard home & home contract whats the big deal?

So do a standard home & home contract whats the big deal?
National games tend to be one and dones.
Only a guess, but with thier resources they could play the best anywhere...I would think. I would love to see some matchups between them and some National powers go at it...would be interesting.

 

 

Our resources? :confused:

Solution for the "Big Class" controversy and to see if numbers really DO matter...

 

Allow COUNTIES with multiple high schools COMBINE THEIR ATHLETES to form one "county team."

 

For instance, instead of Oldham, South Oldham, and North Oldham splitting up their talent three-ways, allow those 3 to form ONE TEAM to compete with X and T. The total boys enrollment in those schools would be almost exactly the male enrollment at X.

 

Similarly, allow for North Hardin and John Hardin to combine (they'd still be smaller than X in males, but a little bigger than T).

 

In Jeff. Co. and Fayette where there are many schools, allow any TWO or THREE to combine together based on geography (Ballard and Eastern for instance) so long as their total male enrollment stays under a certain "cap" (maybe 1,750 males?).

I am pretty sure that the school boards can vote to merge schools anytime they want to. By all means do it. To paraphrase a comment that I believe was made about Alabama's Bear, We'll take our'n and beat your'n or we'll take your'n and beat our'n.

The size of the student body at Trinity or x is an important advantage, but I don't believe it is the biggest advantage. Keep in mind that for most of its history, Trinity has been at least 25 percent smaller than x but still has 45 percent more titles. Trinity and x both put the resources into football that are necessary to win. If others elect to match the resources we put out, we'll do more. That is the biggest factor.

Our resources? :confused:

 

:laugh:

Personally I think people should jsut quite crying and play football.... I dont think that the privates should be seperated.... The privates winning every year should be movtivation for the kids and the coaching staffs of the public schools to work harder... You cannot call yourself a state champion unless you have beaten the best and by seperating the privates into their own class no school has the right to call themselves the best cause they have not played and beaten the best!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.