Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6 Classes?

Featured Replies

This is NOT a public/private issue.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think people should jsut quite crying and play football.... I dont think that the privates should be seperated.... The privates winning every year should be movtivation for the kids and the coaching staffs of the public schools to work harder... You cannot call yourself a state champion unless you have beaten the best and by seperating the privates into their own class no school has the right to call themselves the best cause they have not played and beaten the best!!!

I agree with the first sentence in your post.

Personally I think people should jsut quite crying and play football.... I dont think that the privates should be seperated.... The privates winning every year should be movtivation for the kids and the coaching staffs of the public schools to work harder... You cannot call yourself a state champion unless you have beaten the best and by seperating the privates into their own class no school has the right to call themselves the best cause they have not played and beaten the best!!![/quote

 

 

So why can is it okay for NCC, Russel, or Lex Cath, Or Trinity to call themselves State Champions they didn't have to beat one another?

This is not about Public/Private it is about enrollment numbers. NCC did not have to beat Trinity to be a state champion so does that make there championship watered down or mean less?

Personally I think people should jsut quite crying and play football.... I dont think that the privates should be seperated.... The privates winning every year should be movtivation for the kids and the coaching staffs of the public schools to work harder... You cannot call yourself a state champion unless you have beaten the best and by seperating the privates into their own class no school has the right to call themselves the best cause they have not played and beaten the best!!![/quote

 

 

So why can is it okay for NCC, Russel, or Lex Cath, Or Trinity to call themselves State Champions they didn't have to beat one another?

This is not about Public/Private it is about enrollment numbers. NCC did not have to beat Trinity to be a state champion so does that make there championship watered down or mean less?

It doesnt seem to bother these schools that are playing in lower classes than they should be. When they win state they celebrate no less. Thats what this system is trying to eliminate IMO.

and sometimes you can work as hard as you want or can but if you don't have enough Jimmy's and Joe's you still will come up short,. I think that work harder line is B.S. not saying these teams that win both public and private don't work hard and deserve to win but working hard does not make you state champion talent and hard work does.

Trinity and St.x are scared to death that there will be 36 teams in our division instead of 54? We are scared because under the current system with schools as small as Dixie Heights and schools as large as Dunbar, we still managed to win 16 titles(Trinity)? Methinks my esteemed colleague with the pigmently accentuated neck from the Eastern part of the state is misunderstanding how this would affect us.

 

Trinity has 16 titles, St.x has 11. Many times over we have beaten schools with more talent and larger enrollments. Since 1999 there has been 1 school that is NOT Trinity or St.x win a 4A title and that school is Male. In fact I would daresay that this proposal would not at all hinder the development of the Big 3. They have nothing to fear, our class wouldn't be including any more significant powers than it already has. We simply like the idea of competing against as many as possible in our class.

I didnt mean T-X, I was refering to these schools who are playing in lower classes than what they should be. If any one should feel like their state championships are hollow victories it these "Cherry Pickers" who couldnt compete in their own actual class anymore. Like I said before thats what IMO this is trying to eliminate. I dont agree with everything their proposing in this system but I believe that if the doubting thomases on here would really think about it it would make the teams better state wide in the long run. :thumb:

I am pretty sure that the school boards can vote to merge schools anytime they want to. By all means do it. To paraphrase a comment that I believe was made about Alabama's Bear, We'll take our'n and beat your'n or we'll take your'n and beat our'n.

The size of the student body at Trinity or x is an important advantage, but I don't believe it is the biggest advantage. Keep in mind that for most of its history, Trinity has been at least 25 percent smaller than x but still has 45 percent more titles. Trinity and x both put the resources into football that are necessary to win. If others elect to match the resources we put out, we'll do more. That is the biggest factor.

To think that the coaches at T and X could swap teams with other 4A schools and beat T and X is IMO a little much. Now I do believe there at LOTS of coaches in the state that could go to X and T and win...I beieve Steve Spurier sais he "learned a little humility, the guys who dont win as many games work just as hard and put in just as much time as the guys who do win alot of games.

To think that the coaches at T and X could swap teams with other 4A schools and beat T and X is IMO a little much. Now I do believe there at LOTS of coaches in the state that could go to X and T and win...I beieve Steve Spurier sais he "learned a little humility, the guys who dont win as many games work just as hard and put in just as much time as the guys who do win alot of games.

It isn't a question of swapping teams, it is swapping student bodies. There are a lot of kids walking the halls in most schools that would help. At Trinity and x a lot of those kids are playing.

I've gotta ask Mtmojo68, who are the cherrypickers you refer to in your post?

To think that the coaches at T and X could swap teams with other 4A schools and beat T and X is IMO a little much. Now I do believe there at LOTS of coaches in the state that could go to X and T and win...I beieve Steve Spurier sais he "learned a little humility, the guys who dont win as many games work just as hard and put in just as much time as the guys who do win alot of games.

 

He learned humility in going from college to pro...way different than going from Trinity to another high school...

It isn't a question of swapping teams, it is swapping student bodies. There are a lot of kids walking the halls in most schools that would help. At Trinity and x a lot of those kids are playing.

Excellent post.

I've gotta ask Mtmojo68, who are the cherrypickers you refer to in your post?

Lets just say they know who they are

He learned humility in going from college to pro...way different than going from Trinity to another high school...

No.. What he meant was he learned he worked his tail off and still couldnt win...all I'm saying is there are alot of good coaches who work very very hard and most never win a state championship...

It isn't a question of swapping teams, it is swapping student bodies. There are a lot of kids walking the halls in most schools that would help. At Trinity and x a lot of those kids are playing.

But these kids come to T and X to play football....There are usually around 100 Freshman who play football at these 2 schools....about 25-30 will be on the team as seniors..are these kids cut or do they just realize they are not going to get to play and weed themself out.

No.. What he meant was he learned he worked his tail off and still couldnt win..

 

Wrong, he even has said that he didn't know the work to put in was that much, and thus he left.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.