Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bucki

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bucki

  1. Has anyone done them?
  2. The Woodside kid from Franklin County won the Golden Arm award.
  3. There is a boat load of talent at BS. The coach that was there before was able to harness it and be sucessful. The administration at BS should take this hire serious and look at someone who will work with the kids. Coach Turner has been successful, is there more to it than just health problems?
  4. The Ohio version of the playoffs is better. I think that it would allow for local confrences, teams can play locally, which would help with travel issues and money issues. It also makes teams schedule tougher teams. If they don't accumulate enough points they don't make the playoffs. So by beating a bunch of 2-8 teams you have kept yourself out of the playoffs. I think the Ohio version of the playoffs should be looked at by the KHSAA. It would solve a lot of the arguments about who deserves in. I can guarntee that an 0-10 wouldn't be in the playoffs.
  5. Haven't heard much about this this year. When and where are the nominations due?
  6. I could see doing it if you had a lot of injuries, but Bourbon had close to 70 players when I saw them.
  7. Amen. Matney has never taken a knee. The things he told the Ashland paper were untrue.
  8. I have heard that Bourbon plays a lot of their varsity guys on JV. Is that true? And if it is, does theat make winning the JV confrence any less.
  9. The KHSAA sent out an e-mail several weeks ago to the ADs, coaches, principals and supers, to inform them of the reclassification. It said that the only thing that would be taken into consideration when asking for a move in class was "geographical concerns" What has been posted in other threads is accurate, as far as who is supposed to play in what class. My concern is not that someone might be allowed to play up, but what the motivation of the move is. Some of those on the list have no geographical argument. I believe the KHSAA wants to move a couple of schools around to keep the classes "balanced". That is their right. They are the governing body, but just call it what it is. Tell everyone why you are doing it.
  10. Wasn't officially a forfeit. Iroquois cancelled the game. West picked up Tates Creek at home on September 24 to replace this game.
  11. Woodford was 5-6 last year. They beat Bardstown, Bryan Station, Montgomery, Franklin Co. and West Jessamine. Struggled with stopping the run all year. They have a good group returning, but have to replace an outstanding QB. They throw it all over the place.
  12. Woodford must find a QB to replace Duckworth. He accounted for well over half their offense. They have some good young talent, and a good group of 15 seniors. With hard work and follow through, they can have a very successful season.
  13. " I know the oil pan is around here somewhere"
  14. It Actually goes back to the Ashland game. They lost 54-44. The emotion of that game and the 3 int, in 3min., really took it out of the Jackets. They never really never seemed to recover.
  15. What advantage is there to giving an outdated tape? Woodford has run the same offense and defense for the last 3 years. I am telling you it was an honest mistake. And a new one was in hand come Monday. As for the e-mail. The Alum came off as being a Woodford fan, concerned about one of their players. They found out it was an Alum by googling the e-mail address. Coaches showed me the e-mail. I don't know anything about a team giving Woodford film. If this is the case, I would hope that no none would blame Woodford for getting as much tape as possible.
  16. If you need that stuff for incentive to win a playoff game, your hurting anyway. I know the trade tape thing is true, but I also know that it was made right. How about Cov Cath alums e-mailing Woodford's coach trying to find info on injured players? There are a lot of sub plots. Doesn't matter they still have to block and tackle.
  17. What is amazing to me is that it is not even a blip on the radar in the Lexington Herald. They were all over the private school violations.
  18. It was my understanding that the NEW playoff system was on trial for 2 years. This year being the second. I liked the old way. I would even agree that the top 2 out of each district make it.
  19. I can't imagine that the KHSAA is making any money on this event. Have you been to one over the last couple of years? Not a lot of people in the stands. With the rental of the facility and paying the officials and all of the extras I just don't see it being a cash cow for them. I know they have sponsers and what not, I just don't see it. Maybe they are doing it to increase intrest in the state. I know several new teams have popped up since the change. Sweet sixteen is a different story.
  20. Absolutely, Especially since school doesn't get out until 3:15.
  21. I don't know, maybe a 2.5 to 3 hour bus ride.
  22. I can assure you that the young man is at practice everyday. As for camp, there were some outside reasons why he couldn't go. I love it when people post things about which they know nothing.
  23. Shawne Lewis is a senior and will graduate this spring. He has worked very hard to actually graduate a year early.
  24. Montgomery played some great defense on Woodford the whole game. They got very tired in the second half.
  25. #2 Steven Duckworth- 31/40 308 yds. 3 passing TD 1 rushing

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.