Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 42 Woodford County 13

Featured Replies

Big confidence booster for CovCath. Johnson Central has to be ready because the Colonels played tough today.

  • Author
Big confidence booster for CovCath. Johnson Central has to be ready because the Colonels played tough today.

I would love to see the Colonels come home with a win next week...

 

...and it has nothing to do with the fact that it would mean we get another home game.

 

 

 

 

Okay, yes it does. ;)

I would love to see the Colonels come home with a win next week...

 

...and it has nothing to do with the fact that it would mean we get another home game.

 

 

 

 

Okay, yes it does. ;)

 

Ha, you little.....:lol:

Thought I'd go see the Colonels today and they actually looked good. With Isler under center you could tell the offense played with much more confidence. He threw a few nice balls that helped save drives on third and 4th and short. No question about it, having him under center was one of the main reasons they won today.

 

Woodford has a nice team despite the final score. They have numbers, some big kids, and athletes. I personally don't see how they beat Bryan Station though.

 

Deters and VanSant both ran the ball well but at times the CCH offense got very predictabe.

 

Defensively they were able to force Woodford in to several mistakes which was the main reason for the blow out. I believe PVS had 2 or 3 int's.

 

Good game for CCH but JC will be a much tougher opponent next week.

Just starting to thaw and dry out, but it was worth it.

 

Looking very forward to a return trip to :devil:Johnsonville! :thumb::D

 

Have to admit, the 06 game between the two schools was the best atmosphere that I have ever had the pleasure to witness/attend of any high school football game period. Really looking forward to the trip....and seeing the JC fans and the signs as we enter Johnsonville!

 

Congrats to Coach Brossart and the rest of the CovCath coaches as they had the team pumped and ready to play. They mixed up the plays some especially when you consider the weather!

 

Isler was huge today as Ice looked like he hasn't missed a day since the leg injury.

 

Also a big pat on the back to Kevin Heath the CovCath PK/Kicker! His recovery of his own on sides kick was a thing of beauty...

 

Van Sant was a monster on the "D" side of the ball as was young Timmerman.

 

CovCath looked to be running on all cylinders today and hopefully now will stay healthy for the first time in quite sometime!

 

Again Congrats to the team and coaches!

I really hope CovCath beats JC, just so we can go see another Highlands-CovCath football game, that will basiclly determine who wins state this year.

Looking very forward to a return trip to :devil:Johnsonville! :thumb::D

 

Too good!

 

One of the all-time, far-reaching, major reaction, classic comments of all time!

I really hope CovCath beats JC, just so we can go see another Highlands-CovCath football game, that will basiclly determine who wins state this year.

 

No team in 5A will be able to beat Highlands this year, need alone CovCath:laugh:

Good job CC

CCH impressed me today. They were pumped up despite the rain and cold and wind, moreso than I had seen them in a good long while. They ran the ball well, passed the ball well, and played defense..okay. They need to work on playcalling!!!!! and defense before Friday. I understand with the conditions of today, running the ball was obviously the way to go and then throw in some passes, but it gets so predictable the way the running plays are called. If one play works, they run it to death. Then it never works again. Overall, good game, and good luck to Woodford's seniors and team for next year!

Big confidence booster for CovCath. Johnson Central has to be ready because the Colonels played tough today.

 

Wow, what a cruddy day to watch a football game.

 

The good news was that CCH played a complete TEAM game. I was surprised that they had as much succsess passing the ball in such terrible conditions. I believe that the pass was set up by being very succsessful running the ball. Offensively, everyone did their job. Kudos to the recievers for being able to hold onto the ball in such wet and cold conditions. I thought Isler threw the ball very well (8 of 12 for 118). I only can think of one turnover for the game. Defensively, they did a good job getting after the QB. There did seem to be open recievers at times, but overall the DB's played well with 2 or 3 ints.

The punting game continues to struggle. The concept of punting the ball out of bounds does not work in high school football. Punters do not have enough control to punt the ball out of bounds effectively. By this time in the season they should be able to cover a punt. Also, you can't punt what you don't catch. I wonder why if Isler could play QB, why wasn't he punting? At least you know that he does not have trouble catching the snap. Sorry if I was longwinded about the punting game, but as you can tell by my username it is something that I feel is very important and often overlooked.:thumb:

What the heck happened to Woodford County?

What the heck happened to Woodford County?

 

Not making excusesfor them, but the weather (cold and rain) was not conducive for their type of offense. Also, CCH played about as good as a game as they have all year (except the NCC game).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.