Everything posted by Nicknack1056
-
NKY Top 10
Getting defensive? It makes me laugh how high you hold this team. "They are far from" you speak as if this is the greatest team ever, and its not. This is the same exact team as last year that lost to NCC in the finals. Take my word for it bud, it will be a struggle for CovCath if Maile doesnt produce or they face a shut down pitcher, Nutini is a nice all around player, and Darner is a good hitter, but it takes alot more than that, and there is defiantly holes in CovCath's lineup. Im not going out and saying they dont have a good team bc they do, but let's not hold ourselves higher than we should be, considering the season is yet to begin.
-
Tates Creek 56 Covington Catholic 48
Wow what is Covcaths record this year I feel like they lose every time I see them on here:confused:
-
Top ranked teams from No Ky
I think Highlands back when they had Smith, Lorenzen, Stegman, Glacier and those guys were the best athletes. Smith and Lorenzen had a shot at pro football, Stegman played with Roetlisberger at Miami, and Glacier was drafted by the Red Sox. IMO they were more athletic than this Holmes team, but Holmes seems to have better basketball guys, I guess it could go either way.
-
Top ranked teams from No Ky
I think the Sk team was very underated from what I remember. They were good but I dont think they were even a favorite to win the region, I beleive It was Highlands when they had Draud but im not positive. Sk just turned it on once they got to the tournament. Also I think back in 05 CovCath was favored to win the state tournament but lost in the first round to Apollo.
-
Border Bowl Roll-Call
Tony is a good QB, but I would like to seem him play Linebacker or something like his brother. He has nice tools as a QB but I think he would be a bigger threat on Defense.
-
Predictions for 2009 State Tourney
Isler is by no means "at the top". How do you figure that? I have seen the kid pitch since his frosh year and he was rocked everytime. He has nice velocity but his ball has no movement and he throws right down the plate each time. If you are basing that statement off of size, I guarantee you can find other pitchers in the 9th region who are alot stronger, and around the same height. Isler isnt even the best pitcher on that team, Nutini is a much better pitcher and more reliable than Isler.
-
Highlands Austin Collinsworth - All American
How many players from Highlands have been All Americans? I am pretty sure Rob Smith and Jared Lorenzen were, who else?
-
9th Region D1 POY
I would disagree with McFarland after seeing him play tonight against Highlands. He just doesnt "stand out" to me. I think it comes down to Pittman, Riley, Maile, and Kowlowneck, if its between juniors and seniors. Because IMO, these are the top 4 players in the 9th region this year.
-
Highlands / Boone County (01/12)
I think this could be the best game to watch all year just because both teams are very similar in there style of play, and really are battling to see who is the second best team in the region behind Holmes, although NCC could be considered number 2 also.
-
CovCath Update: I have been informed Kevin Siple is... (Updated Info)
I beleive Coach Brossart was an assistant coach under Kevin at Indian Hill a few years back, so I would assume that is the relationship there.
-
NKY Top 10
Coffman throws the ball pretty hard, but he has problems with location, am I correct? And does he still play basketball for the Camels?
-
CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)
This is the main reason why I dont think they will have a good coach right off the bat. Just like the situation with Brossart. Obviously money plays a big role in these coach's decisions, just look at how Rodenburg left. I would imagine teachers at CovCath don't make very much money, so why would a good coach come coach there, when the money and the chance for success arent really there ( compared to the public schools in KY, or bigger schools in Ohio). Also, regarding Lorenzen, How did his name even come up in this conversation? There is no chance his first coaching job is going to be at Covington Catholic, he is a big time Highlands boy. I would imagine that if he wanted to coach, the birds would be waiting with open arms to give him a spot.
-
Highlands 70 Covington Catholic 54
Beleive it was Gordon, Grote, Kowolonek, Grubbs, and Watson
-
Highlands 70 Covington Catholic 54
There is no need to argue whether the students are showing up for the games or not and supporting their team. Plenty of students support Highlands its just kids these days have so much going on with other activaties, that maybe they dont have the time to show up for game. If they didnt support the teams than Highlands wouldnt continually be fired up and motivated to win big games like this.
-
Covington Catholic vs. Highlands (01/05)
I still like Highlands in this one, but it will be closer than the last time they met. Maile has been playing good ball so Highlands will need to shut him down again in order to get the same result as the last matchup.
-
Highlands Baseball
Not positive but I would say Head, Ligget, Rosenhagen, then probably some new guys coming out for the team. None with the same caliber as Sainola but still some pretty good arms to throw when needed.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Wow, did both these teams just not shoot well, or are they defensive teams? Im glad to see Giwa getting it done, I always thought he had the potential to be a very solid player if he could get his shooting up to beat with the rest of his game.
-
"Face of the Program"
I cant really think of a clear cut decision on a player at CovCath, I know Nestide(sp) and Votel were good. Also the Noll family has alot of tradition with the school. As for the face of the program I would defiantly agree with the Listerman family, although I know Mike was at Highlands for a little under coach Shields.
-
"Face of the Program"
What about Neltner for Highlands, didnt he win Mr. Kentucky Basketball? I know Draud is probably the best player to come through there but I think you could make a strong case for Neltner and Derek Smith.
-
Faces of High School Baseball In NKY
Does this question mean player wise who are the faces at each school? Or coaches/parents involved in the schools program?
-
Covington Catholic 54 Owensboro 47
Is Thelen considered a big contributor? The only game I saw CovCath play this year, he didnt even play one minute. That was against Highlands so maybe he was hurt or something? But It's good to see CovCath's ahtletics picking up some wins after that long football season and questionable start to the basketball season. As for that lineup, yes it may be a tall lineup, but none of those players are "strong" players. I would much rather have a strong person in the post who is 6'0 compared to a skinny 6'4 kid. It may work against the smaller teams, but anyone who has speed or strength will mandle these guys.
-
Enquirer's N. Ky All Stars
Miles will defiantly be the most entertaining player to watch next year. He could win player of the year again, it will be a tight race with him and Collinsworth from Highlands.
-
Who is most underrated player on Your team?
#21 for NewCath, I cant think of his name, but he has a nice shot. Also I saw Highlands and CovCath play, and I thought Watson really stood out, and i didnt hear much of him all year. Holmes also has a nice player in Riley? I believe is his name.
-
"For Fun" Preseason Top 25
I agree there, I also like Lex. Christian for the fact that they return alot, also I think Bryan Station will be pretty good and could defiantly be a contender this year.
-
NKY Top 10
Yes, Highlands loses Muench and Towles, but returns everybody else and adds Sainola and some football players to the team. Should be an interesting year for this team with alot of potential and a new coach.