Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region D1 POY

Featured Replies

With it being midway through the season now, what are everyone's thoughts?

 

Not sure if this is strictly a senior award, as I seem to remember Austin Hill of Holmes winning it his junior year, but who are the favorites?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not a senior award I would say Pittman, If it is I would say Riley. IMO Holmes has the top four players in the region.

  • Author

I know this is probably going to turn in to a Holmes thread, but I'd have to agree Tezzy.

 

If it's between seniors I think it comes down to Mcfarland of Boone and Riley of Holmes.

 

If it's open to ANY players, Pittman hands down.

 

The senior class in NKY this year really isn't that strong outside of a few players.

Who won it Austin's senior year? Arrez won it last year I think.

  • Author
Who won it Austin's senior year? Arrez won it last year I think.

 

I think I'm mistaken, Austin won it his senior year, not junior year. It was Vories of Highlands that won it Austin's junior year.

 

Last year Arrez won the D1 POY but Sorrell of HC won the overall POY and was the one honored at Rupp.

The team record notwithstanding, Maile is having a great year at Cov Cath. He merits POY consideration.

The team record notwithstanding, Maile is having a great year at Cov Cath. He merits POY consideration.

 

Very deserving of any consideration he would get.

The team record notwithstanding, Maile is having a great year at Cov Cath. He merits POY consideration.

 

No doubt. I'm not saying he'd get my vote, but he is definitely in the conversation.

I know this is probably going to turn in to a Holmes thread, but I'd have to agree Tezzy.

 

If it's between seniors I think it comes down to Mcfarland of Boone and Riley of Holmes.

 

If it's open to ANY players, Pittman hands down.

 

The senior class in NKY this year really isn't that strong outside of a few players.

 

I would disagree with McFarland after seeing him play tonight against Highlands. He just doesnt "stand out" to me. I think it comes down to Pittman, Riley, Maile, and Kowlowneck, if its between juniors and seniors. Because IMO, these are the top 4 players in the 9th region this year.

I would disagree with McFarland after seeing him play tonight against Highlands. He just doesnt "stand out" to me. I think it comes down to Pittman, Riley, Maile, and Kowlowneck, if its between juniors and seniors. Because IMO, these are the top 4 players in the 9th region this year.

 

I don't think there's anyway Kowolonek is in the conversation.

I know this is probably going to turn in to a Holmes thread, but I'd have to agree Tezzy.

 

If it's between seniors I think it comes down to Mcfarland of Boone and Riley of Holmes.

 

If it's open to ANY players, Pittman hands down.

 

The senior class in NKY this year really isn't that strong outside of a few players.

 

I agree with you.

I would disagree with McFarland after seeing him play tonight against Highlands. He just doesnt "stand out" to me. I think it comes down to Pittman, Riley, Maile, and Kowlowneck, if its between juniors and seniors. Because IMO, these are the top 4 players in the 9th region this year.

 

McFarland didn't have a lot of help tonight, and Boone didn't know what to do against the physical defense except to try to go one-on-one.

I would disagree with McFarland after seeing him play tonight against Highlands. He just doesnt "stand out" to me. I think it comes down to Pittman, Riley, Maile, and Kowlowneck, if its between juniors and seniors. Because IMO, these are the top 4 players in the 9th region this year.

 

No R. Johnson he's the second best player in the region.

Might have to wait a couple more games, but for right mow, Pittman and Riley are close. :idunno:

Ricardo isn't having the year stats wise I expected, but Pittman is the leading man right now. Pittman is top 5 in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.