Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tates Creek 56 Covington Catholic 48

Featured Replies

Final from the opening (boys) game of the Toyota Classic.

 

Colonels tried to make runs in the 3rd and 4th quarters but well-timed timeouts ended them both.

 

I was impressed by Tates Creek's Marcellus Barkdale (who I believe is just a sophomore). He is tough down low, if he can grow a few inches and develop some back to the basket moves he could be a good player. Also, Kelwin Culyer got up on a nice fast break dunk.

 

As for the Colonels, lackadaisical play plagued them the whole game. They don't rebound and don't get back on defense. It looks like no one wants to be there.

 

I don't know if the fact that the players stand around on offense and watch Luke is a symptom of Luke, or if the fact that Luke shoots so much is a symptom of virtually no off the ball movement- I am leaning towards the latter. Ives has the ability to hit the open shots but he disappears- he was nowhere to be found during the 1st half.

 

Commodores led by Barkdale with 17 points and 8 rebounds, & Ryan Fucci with 13 points on 60% shooting.

 

Colonels led by an all-around performance from Maile with 22 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals. Ives had 16 points, going 4-7 from three.

 

I have the whole box score if anyone wants any more stats....

Final from the opening (boys) game of the Toyota Classic.

 

Colonels tried to make runs in the 3rd and 4th quarters but well-timed timeouts ended them both.

 

I was impressed by Tates Creek's Marcellus Barkdale (who I believe is just a sophomore). He is tough down low, if he can grow a few inches and develop some back to the basket moves he could be a good player. Also, Kelwin Culyer got up on a nice fast break dunk.

 

As for the Colonels, lackadaisical play plagued them the whole game. They don't rebound and don't get back on defense. It looks like no one wants to be there.

 

I don't know if the fact that the players stand around on offense and watch Luke is a symptom of Luke, or if the fact that Luke shoots so much is a symptom of virtually no off the ball movement- I am leaning towards the latter. Ives has the ability to hit the open shots but he disappears- he was nowhere to be found during the 1st half.

 

Commodores led by Barkdale with 17 points and 8 rebounds, & Ryan Fucci with 13 points on 60% shooting.

 

Colonels led by an all-around performance from Maile with 22 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals. Ives had 16 points, going 4-7 from three.

 

I have the whole box score if anyone wants any more stats....

 

Wow what is Covcaths record this year I feel like they lose every time I see them on here:confused:

  • Author
Wow what is Covcaths record this year I feel like they lose every time I see them on here:confused:

 

4-13, I believe. I could be wrong.

Cov.Cath. scores 6 points in the first quarter-Maile has 6.

Glad to see Ives finally starting to find his shot.

I hope to see Max Pauly back in action sometime in the next week or so. Huge help when he gets to 75%.

I hope to see Max Pauly back in action sometime in the next week or so. Huge help when he gets to 75%.

 

I heard on the telecast that he is hoping to be back on Saturday.

With Thelen out did the Colonels get any inside production?

With Thelen out did the Colonels get any inside production?

 

From what I heard Wellbrock had a couple points and played okay. Not too much production though. Isler had a bad game, just didn't have his head in it tonight. So I would say the inside production wasn't that great. I mean looking at it Maile and Ives had most of the points. I did hear the whole team played lackadaisical and like they did not want to be there.

Covcath continues to struggle. Their lack of depth because of injuries and illness has really hurt them this year.

  • Author
With Thelen out did the Colonels get any inside production?

They got nothing. The defensive rebounding was awful, interior passing was nonexistent, and I don't think the Colonels scored more than 6 inside-the-paint/non-Maile points.

Covcath continues to struggle. Their lack of depth because of injuries and illness has really hurt them this year.

Just at the game last night:

 

  • Mitch Shover at the Cleveland Clinic
  • Max Pauly out with Mono
  • Jake Thelen out with a broken elbow
  • Michael Robinson out with some sort of leg cramps
  • Alex Connolly out with sprained ankle

I don't know if the fact that the players stand around on offense and watch Luke is a symptom of Luke, or if the fact that Luke shoots so much is a symptom of virtually no off the ball movement- I am leaning towards the latter. ...

 

Seeing some games a the begining of the year, I thought it was the former, but I saw the NewCath game when Maile wasn't there and I believe your leanings are correct. He is doing what he needs to do because no one else is.

 

Was there a reason Isler didn't start?

  • Author

 

Was there a reason Isler didn't start?

Not a clue. Tates Creek had no true big guy (at least over 6"3) but CovCath still got dominated on some trips down the floor.....

Seeing some games a the begining of the year, I thought it was the former, but I saw the NewCath game when Maile wasn't there and I believe your leanings are correct. He is doing what he needs to do because no one else is.

 

Was there a reason Isler didn't start?

 

Isler did not start because Listerman decided to put Counts into the starting lineup, and gave Wellbrock the nod for the last starting position. I think Wellbrock def. needs to be in there, although he does need to increase his production, but I'm not sure why Counts is all of a sudden starting. Anyone know how he played last night?

  • Author
Isler did not start because Listerman decided to put Counts into the starting lineup, and gave Wellbrock the nod for the last starting position. I think Wellbrock def. needs to be in there, although he does need to increase his production, but I'm not sure why Counts is all of a sudden starting. Anyone know how he played last night?

I think he had a few points and a few turnovers. Same as every player last night other than Ives and Maile.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.