Region 9 - Beechwood

Region 10 - Harrison Co.

Region 11 - Lex Cath

Region 12 - Danville

Region 13 - Corbin

Region 14 - Powell Co.

Region 15 -Lawrence Co.

Region 16 -Greenup Co.

Let me know how smart or stupid you think I am.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that you're smart or stupid just because you've thrown out your opinion!!! I don't know enough about the other regions to even make a guess but I'd say the 9th should be Newport Central Catholic they return the meat of their 2008 regional championship team.

It's going to be NCC or CovCath for the 9th, more towards CovCath. Three years in a row in the region championship, I think these seniors are finally going to get it done.

I just don't see CovCath getting it done. They have good players but they haven't seemed to improved much since their sophomore year. NCC is just solid and returns the top pitcher in the region and an extremely good offense.

Bullitt East in the 6th. Some of these kids played in very big tournaments and very big situations at very young ages...together. 4 current starters, Alphin, Bowles, Jones and McCarthy all played together as Central Kentucky Comets, all four of them have ice water in the vains, they aren't intimidated. Jimmy Hoffman is one of the smoothest 2nd basemen I've seen, before he came to East he was invited to try out for the Junior Olympic team as a SS, solid hitter. Not many holes on defense, 1-7 can hit the deep ball...this team can put up some runs, and they have the majority of their innings pitched returning. No knock on PRP, they are the perinnial power in Louisville baseball no doubt, but I think this is the year the "little guy" will take down the giant. Can't speak too much for the other regions, I primarily follow East and the 6th, but I can't wait to see if this baseball team follows up on the football teams run.

I just don't see CovCath getting it done. They have good players but they haven't seemed to improved much since their sophomore year. NCC is just solid and returns the top pitcher in the region and an extremely good offense.

NCC is not returning the top pitcher in the region. Arguably, from what scouts have said, Isler from CCH and Smith from Beechwood are 1 and 2 in NKY. Not to mention CovCath has Nutini as well. NCC does have a good offense, but ill take CCH's offense any day. The boys HAVE improved since their sophmore year. They were just very talented as sophmores and continue to be as seniors which is why no one sees such vast improvement. I think it will come down to NCC and CovCath again, and it should...but CovCath will pull it out.

Region 1 -Heath (they lost alot.....look for ballard memorial or Marshall Co.)

Region 2 -Christian Co.(good choice if they can recover losing their coach)

Region 3 -Appollo (clear favorite, lost some important pieces, watch Owensbo.)

Region 4 - Bowling Green (very balanced region...several teams could make noise)

Region 5 - Larue Co. (Central Hardin and Etown will duke it out for pride of Hardin County)

Region 6 - PRP (Dont sleep on Bullitt East and Butler....interesting to see how PRP does post Cox and Osbourne)

Region 7 - Eastern (manual is my sleeper pick for the 7th).

Region 8 - Anderson Co. (Does Anderson have the pitching to win 8th?)

Region 9 - Beechwood (hard to pick against B-wood or Cov. Cath.)

Region 10 - Harrison Co. (my favorite to make title run)

Region 11 - Lex Cath (good pick, watch out for Creek and Frankfort teams)

Region 12 - Danville (IF West can replace Greene, watch out)

Region 13 - Corbin

Region 14 - Powell Co.

Region 15 -Lawrence Co.

Region 16 -Greenup Co.

While NCC is a good team, the weather had a part big in last years outcome. In a normal year Connor would not have been available. Not sure NCC had enough if Connor would not have pitched such a great game. Given that, I believe Cov Cath will pull it together this year but NCC, Beechwood, Ryle, and Connor HS will have something to say about that.

Region 1 -Heath

Region 2 -Christian Co.

Region 3 -Appollo

Region 4 - Bowling Green

Region 5 - Larue Co.

Region 6 - PRP

Region 7 - Eastern

Region 8 - Anderson Co.

Region 9 - Beechwood

Region 10 - Harrison Co.

Region 11 - Lex Cath

Region 12 - Danville

Region 13 - Corbin

Region 14 - Powell Co.

Region 15 -Lawrence Co.

Region 16 -Greenup Co.

Let me know how smart or stupid you think I am.

I would watch for Montgomery in the 10th, they have a lot of returning players including 2 very nice ones in Ty Combs and Cody Curtis.