Everything posted by someguy
-
Open Job: Greenup County
The senior class will have to pick this team up, pack it on their shoulders and carry it through the season no matter who the coach is. These kids have been together, some since the third grade and all of them since the sixth grade. If it can be done, I have faith that this group of hard working young men can do it.
-
Greenup County 60 Raceland 34
No caries against Russell or Notre Dame. Sorry you feel this way, but its time to move on, we both have a lot of season left. Good Luck in your district!
-
Greenup County 60 Raceland 34
Just to let you know, I belive that #6 practices at running back every day. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you finally think you have a game in hand is when you work on things for future reference. I don't think that giving someone their first carry in a game that is still undecided would be very smart. Being a first year player and no game experience at running back is why #6 got his carries (3) when he did. I think the coaches may have liked what they seen and #6 may have earned a few more carries in the future. I agree the tearing down of signs was immature and should not have been done and I don't think they read them and knew the meaning of one in particular. We are dealing with teenage boys here and anyone that was one or has had one knows how that is. They don't always make the best spur of the moment decisions.
-
Greenup County 2010
Looks like your up to your same old tricks Doc. Trying to plant a seed into boys and fans heads that we are a troublesome lot here in GC and because you jumped ship and wear your pretty little orange shirts that makes you so refined. I hate it when people forget where they come from.
-
Bell County/Lawrence County predictions
I knew that if you were a Sam Crow fan you could figure that out. Great Show ain't it.
-
Bell County/Lawrence County predictions
Greenup Co.
-
Raceland/LCA Predictions
Good luck to the rams friday night from the folks just down the river. Go GC 2010
-
2009 Greenup County
AMEN to that Coupon!!! I was at the memorial service last night and it was a truly touching experience. Coach Slater was someone I have played for, coached with and admired for the way he taught the game of football and more important the game of life. He was a mentor and friend to me and I for one will miss him greatly. It was said at the service last night, "I don't know if there is football in heaven but if there is Coach Slater is coaching the perfect team".
-
Bell County/Lawrence County predictions
We have played both teams and the LC game was the first time that we kept hitting people and it didn't help. Even though we lost some other games most of our problems were self inflicted and the other team knew they had been in a fight. We kept hitting LC and bouncing off, it gets hard to keep running into a brick wall time after time. That is why I think this will be a close game, LC will match up and be as big and strong as BC but their problem will be containing the speed that BC has. I'm saying LC in a grind it out game 16-14
-
Greenup County/East Carter Predictions
By the way GC's 8th grade team beat Verity last Sat. night to win the NEKC. They then played Mon. in the playoff and lost to Rowan Co. The GC 7th grade beat Lewis Co. Tues. in the playoff and will play again tomorrow. Congratulations to Coach Bruce Hunt and P. J. Ratcliff. OUTSTANDING JOB!!!!!:dancingpa Things are looking up in GC.
-
Greenup County/East Carter Predictions
I'm not sure who your talking about but if thats the case they weren't FANS they were just wagon jumpers and we don't need them anyway. I for one am behind Coach Copley and his staff 100% and I challenge the true GC fans to be in Grayson Friday night and root this team into the playoffs.
-
Lawrence County / Greenup County Predictions
Where have you been, if it wasn't for Doc and Coupon giving each other the devil these thread would get real boring.
-
Lawrence County / Greenup County Predictions
Yes but at least 1 maybe 2 of those wins were against GC, so see it does work against us.:lol:
-
Rowan County 29 Greenup County 28
I heard some disturbed fans yelling at the coach during the whole game about getting the play in. Just being an observer of the game it looked to me like that was part of the game plan (although it did bite him a couple of times). The longer GC kept the ball and let time run off the clock, they kept Cross from having it in his hands. I also noticed a fan say something to the coaches after the game when they came out of the box. Gee whiz people, if you can't see the positives that Coach Copley and his staff have brought to GC already and I think there are a lot more to come, then maybe some of you need to just stay home on Friday nights.
-
Question for officials:
So your saying that when you have a long breakaway run and the runner is at the 5 getting ready to score and someone holds a defensive player back at the 40 it should not be called because he was not in the vicinity of the runner?
-
Question for officials:
What about Hands to the Face, is there such a call in High School? I think there is in the NFL.:confused:
-
Greenup County/Rowan County Predictions
I guess the grass is not always GREENER on the other side. Sometimes it's better to stay at home.
-
Question for officials:
You are a rare breed Zebra not only by being one of very few that will call it but also by poking fun at yourself. Thanks for the info.:ylsuper:
-
Question for officials:
Let a defensive player put his hand "on" a runners facemask and see how many times it gets called compared to the other way around. I've seen RB's stick their hand under the bottom of the mask and push up and back without anything being called and this happens at all levels. It's hard to make a tackle with your eyes looking straight up in the sky. Thanks for the backup Ram!
-
Question for officials:
Here's one I have trouble with and I know it is the rule, I just don't understand it. Why can a player in carring the ball stick their hand in the facemask of a defensive player? If its the other way around it is an instant penalty. I love a good stiff arm but when you see a defensive backs neck streched backward, I wonder about the rule.:idunno:
-
Greenup County/Rowan County Predictions
How's Coupon? I heard there was an injury in the box Friday night.:laugh:
-
Ashland vs. Ironton, OH Predictions
Nothing negative about Coach Hart, I just know that you have to have good coaches working with you and these two do a good job and you don't hear a lot about them kind of like Coaches Maynard and Fannin at Raceland.
-
Greenup County 38 Raceland 26 (JV)
I hope you don't try to make wine out of all those sour grapes. Not so much fun when your on the lower side of the scoreboard.
-
Who are the most one dimensional coaches in the state?
Coach Copley is in his first year at Greenup Co. he has been known to run the ball and then when they stop that he starts running the ball. It worked for him in Pikeville and it is starting to show alot of promise at GC.
-
Ashland vs. Ironton, OH Predictions
Good luck to the Tomcats, I know Coach Love and Coach Dowdy will have them ready to play. I think its time that we start winning these border wars.