Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County/Rowan County Predictions

Who will win? 57 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Greenup County
      35%
    • Rowan County
      64%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Greenup Co. opens district play Friday at Rowan Co. Both programs feature two of the best backs in the area. IMO defense rather than offense will be the key to winning this contest. Should be a dandy matchup. Any comments or thoughts on this game?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREENUP CO PROVE ME WRONG

ROWAN CO 38

GREENUP CO 24

Rowan Co ppg 44.6 Def 20.1 +24.5

Greenup ppg 14.4 Def 32.4 -18.0

Rowan Co is 4-2 losing two games by a total of 8 points

Rowan Co lost to a tough Mason Co by only two pts.

Rowan Co features a very very good backfield.

 

Greenup Co 2-3

Greenup Co had two weeks to get ready for Dawson Bryant HS and lost

Even with Carter rushing for a school record 270 yards.

Greenup Co wins. vs the smallest football program in Ohio +4. And to a down and beat up 1A Raceland +1.

Greenup Co better come up with a defense vs Rowan Co power offense.

I think Carter can keep the team in the game with some blocking and a lot of his own talent. But Rowan Co has it's own proven special running back that will offset Carter. The defense will tell who wins this game. And imo Rowan Co has the better one. I know someone will come up with, stats don't tell it all. But at mid season they tell alot. I think Greenup Co has been playing really hard from what I hear. Greenup is just lacking talent. A good coach can make a team better. And good players make a coach look even better.

GOOD LUCK MUSKIES

Man this is going to be a RB duel. I think that Rowan comes away with it in the end, 35-28.

I admit this will be a tough one. Greenup has some work to do on defense. I think they will do that work this week and win on Friday.

I admit this will be a tough one. Greenup has some work to do on defense. I think they will do that work this week and win on Friday.

 

Purefan, Things always come full circle. Just look at Lawrence Co. They have been down for 10 years. Now they are undefeated at midseason. I wish I could see Mr Carter play. He's the real deal. If the D gets it's act together watch out. It's just a big if.

GREENUP CO PROVE ME WRONG

ROWAN CO 38

GREENUP CO 24

Rowan Co ppg 44.6 Def 20.1 +24.5

Greenup ppg 14.4 Def 32.4 -18.0

Rowan Co is 4-2 losing two games by a total of 8 points

Rowan Co lost to a tough Mason Co by only two pts.

Rowan Co features a very very good backfield.

 

Greenup Co 2-3

Greenup Co had two weeks to get ready for Dawson Bryant HS and lost

Even with Carter rushing for a school record 270 yards.

Greenup Co wins. vs the smallest football program in Ohio +4. And to a down and beat up 1A Raceland +1.

Greenup Co better come up with a defense vs Rowan Co power offense.

I think Carter can keep the team in the game with some blocking and a lot of his own talent. But Rowan Co has it's own proven special running back that will offset Carter. The defense will tell who wins this game. And imo Rowan Co has the better one. I know someone will come up with, stats don't tell it all. But at mid season they tell alot. I think Greenup Co has been playing really hard from what I hear. Greenup is just lacking talent. A good coach can make a team better. And good players make a coach look even better.

GOOD LUCK MUSKIES

 

That's the best analysis of this game that can be done. Carter has given Greenup's offense enough of boost to make them competitive in their district. Until the defense improves, though, I don't see them getting it done. Like Rams68 said, I hope Greenup proves me wrong.

Every game for Greenup has been tough and every game we play from here on out will be tough.I beleive that our kids play hard every down and give 110% but I just don't think we have enough kids with that special talent, that it takes to make the big plays.I do think we are good enough and play hard enough to win games,but wins will never come easy for us.Our offense is time management low scoring, with this, you need not a good defense, but a great defense and we are not there yet. I do beleive Greenup County football is on the rise.I am always going to say [Greenup wins this one in a hard fought battle] because I always will beleive we can win.

Every game for Greenup has been tough and every game we play from here on out will be tough.I beleive that our kids play hard every down and give 110% but I just don't think we have enough kids with that special talent, that it takes to make the big plays.I do think we are good enough and play hard enough to win games,but wins will never come easy for us.Our offense is time management low scoring, with this, you need not a good defense, but a great defense and we are not there yet. I do beleive Greenup County football is on the rise.I am always going to say [Greenup wins this one in a hard fought battle] because I always will beleive we can win.

 

And that is a TRUE fan. Hang in.

Want to give credit where credit is due.I always new that the Carter kid had some speed and a few moves,but wow he is the real deal.He earned every yard that he ran last night,there wasn't a decent hole all night but yet 279yrds .He played great, good hard-hitting tackles,great hard-nosed blocks,and of course great running.I am probably the last person to give him any credit but he deserves it.

I was just looking at RCHS stats. They should call the backfield the CCW Express. Chin 68 ypg, Cross 156 ypg, and the QB Wing 52 ypg. Hard to defense that. No wonder teams have had trouble stopping them. Cross has went over a 100 yards all five games that they had stats on. One game he had over 200 yds. Chin has went over 100 two times and Wing has went over 100 yards in a game. They also have a sub who went over the 100 yard mark. Who do you key on? Wing the QB has passed for over 100 yards three of the five games. WOW.:eek:

WOW!! Sounds like Greenup is going to have their hands full.But winning is not unacheivable,it just won't be easy.

WOW!! Sounds like Greenup is going to have their hands full.But winning is not unacheivable,it just won't be easy.

 

It's always acheivable. Thats why we play the game. Good Luck to the team and the devoted fans.

Want to give credit where credit is due.I always new that the Carter kid had some speed and a few moves,but wow he is the real deal.He earned every yard that he ran last night,there wasn't a decent hole all night but yet 279yrds .He played great, good hard-hitting tackles,great hard-nosed blocks,and of course great running.I am probably the last person to give him any credit but he deserves it.

 

His blocks he made on kickoff was a highlight by there self!!! I was more impressed with the blocks than the 3 long touchdown runs he made.

Want to give credit where credit is due.I always new that the Carter kid had some speed and a few moves,but wow he is the real deal.He earned every yard that he ran last night,there wasn't a decent hole all night but yet 279yrds .He played great, good hard-hitting tackles,great hard-nosed blocks,and of course great running.I am probably the last person to give him any credit but he deserves it.

 

I agree TOTALLY! Except the part where, "I'd be the last person to give him any credit". Anybody that watched the game would have to give him credit. He played a good, solid game and the whole team gave 110% and never let up! :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.