arrows68

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you did your homewok coupon, thanks for all the good info. I guess I was off the mark on this one my math is not as good as yours, but I still don't think an offense is not too dangerous if you can't get in the endzone. The scoreboard didn't reflect all those yards. I think we will have a dangerous offense someday. It's just gonna take time,the boys are improving every week and I'm excited about Greenup's future. What did defense look like on film. It looked to me like our pass coverage needs work and we need some big defensive ends to take on those lead blockers around the ends. Moving those skinny linebackers up on the line didn't seem to work, let me know what your take on it is.

Edited by threetimelover

Are you forgetting about Coupon? I believe he is high on the chart when it comes to devoted GC fans.:notworthy: No offense to Purefan, just an observation.

Doc Your right again. I think it's a tie. We got to come up with some kind of tie breaking method to find out who is really number 1. :idunno:

I don't know about the no offense statement to purefan. Sure sounded like to me you was putting him down a little.:D:idunno:

I guess you did your homewok coupon,thanks for all the good info.I guess I was off the mark on this one my math is not as good as yours,but I still don't think an offense is not too dangerous if you can't get in the endzone.The scoreboard didn't reflect all those yards.I think we will have a dangerous offense someday. It's just gonna take time,the boys are improving every week and I'm excited about Greenup's future.What did defense look like on film.It looked to me like our pass coverage needs work and we need some big defensive ends to take on those lead blockers around the ends.Moving those skinny linebackers up on the line didn't seem to work,let me know what your take on it is.
Run defense looked great the first half. Second half we couldnt stop the toss, Waugh was turning things in, but corner and backer were getting washed out when they needed to make a play. Pass defense was bad, real bad. Its amazing when you work on things all week and on Friday you look like you have know idea what is coming. It will get better, we have to remember that most of these boys have no varsity experience until this year. They are learning, but sometimes when you get thrown in the fire you get burned, that is how you learn. Your right about the score board, we blew 2 redzone trips, the one in the 3rd when we fumbled on the 2yrd line was after an 8 minute drive. If we score there the score is 20-14 going into the 4th qtr. We have to get better in the "paydirt".

Doc Your right again. I think it's a tie. We got to come up with some kind of tie breaking method to find out who is really number 1. :idunno:

I don't know about the no offense statement to purefan. Sure sounded like to me you was putting him down a little.:D:idunno:

Purefan Rocks!

Run defense looked great the first half. Second half we couldnt stop the toss, Waugh was turning things in, but corner and backer were getting washed out when they needed to make a play. Pass defense was bad, real bad. Its amazing when you work on things all week and on Friday you look like you have know idea what is coming. It will get better, we have to remember that most of these boys have no varsity experience until this year. They are learning, but sometimes when you get thrown in the fire you get burned, that is how you learn. Your right about the score board, we blew 2 redzone trips, the one in the 3rd when we fumbled on the 2yrd line was after an 8 minute drive. If we score there the score is 20-14 going into the 4th qtr. We have to get better in the "paydirt".

Coupon that sounds like our pass defense. Our line does a great jod. But we have real problems with the D-back coverage. And they work and work on it.

Coupon that sounds like our pass defense. Our line does a great jod. But we have real problems with the D-back coverage. And they work and work on it.
Just one of those things, pass coverare is one of the hardest things in the game. Work,work and more work, hopefully both of our teams will get better.

I have no doubt things will get better. I beleive a lot better and by Friday too. Good luck this week at practice and keep up the good work. Greenup is the underdog in this one just like all the rest. But I think we we can stop Rowan and even get in the endzone this week!!

I have no doubt things will get better. I beleive a lot better and by Friday too. Good luck this week at practice and keep up the good work. Greenup is the underdog in this one just like all the rest. But I think we we can stop Rowan and even get in the endzone this week!!
God, I hope your right...LOL

Greenup County gets their Defense where it needs to be they will be tough to stop in the District. Our defense is where we need to make some improvements and possibly some changes IMHO... The heart, desire and winning attitude is their, we now just need to get the Defense where it needs to be and we will win this game on Friday night.

Defense will be the key. GCHS 35 Rowan 28

Greenup County gets their Defense where it needs to be they will be tough to stop in the District. Our defense is where we need to make some improvements and possibly some changes IMHO... The heart, desire and winning attitude is their, we now just need to get the Defense where it needs to be and we will win this game on Friday night.

Defense will be the key. GCHS 35 Rowan 28

Boy's better strap on the helmets tight this week, I have a feeling this week of practice is going to get rough quick.