Predictions for 2009 State Tourney

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC is not returning the top pitcher in the region. Arguably, from what scouts have said, Isler from CCH and Smith from Beechwood are 1 and 2 in NKY. Not to mention CovCath has Nutini as well. NCC does have a good offense, but ill take CCH's offense any day. The boys HAVE improved since their sophmore year. They were just very talented as sophmores and continue to be as seniors which is why no one sees such vast improvement. I think it will come down to NCC and CovCath again, and it should...but CovCath will pull it out.

What I heard from a "scout" was statiscally Connor is on top has the best "stuff" and located very well , projectability you go with Smith because of size. Isler is big hard thrower better get something to go with it. Nutini is ok. It will be interesting to say the least. I understand that these 4 mentioned are all on the same summer team!!! That will be a pretty nice staff!!!!!! All 4 are very good players indeed and anything can happen.

Region 1 -Heath

Region 2 -Christian Co.

Region 3 -Appollo

Region 4 - Bowling Green

Region 5 - Larue Co.

Region 6 - PRP

Region 7 - Eastern

Region 8 - Anderson Co.

Region 9 - Beechwood

Region 10 - Harrison Co.

Region 11 - Lex Cath

Region 12 - Danville

Region 13 - Corbin

Region 14 - Powell Co.

Region 15 -Lawrence Co.

Region 16 -Greenup Co.

Let me know how smart or stupid you think I am.

Looks like a pretty good estimation. I would probably slide Estill County into the slot for 14th Region, but just my opinion. Also think Bourbon could challenge Harrison in the 10th. The 16th is pretty wide open with Greenup, East Carter, Boyd all having solid teams.

Region 1 -Heath (they lost alot.....look for ballard memorial or Marshall Co.)

Region 2 -Christian Co.(good choice if they can recover losing their coach)

Region 3 -Appollo (clear favorite, lost some important pieces, watch Owensbo.)

Region 4 - Bowling Green (very balanced region...several teams could make noise)

Region 5 - Larue Co. (Central Hardin and Etown will duke it out for pride of Hardin County)

Region 6 - PRP (Dont sleep on Bullitt East and Butler....interesting to see how PRP does post Cox and Osbourne)

Region 7 - Eastern (manual is my sleeper pick for the 7th).

Region 8 - Anderson Co. (Does Anderson have the pitching to win 8th?)

Region 9 - Beechwood (hard to pick against B-wood or Cov. Cath.)

Region 10 - Harrison Co. (my favorite to make title run)

Region 11 - Lex Cath (good pick, watch out for Creek and Frankfort teams)

Region 12 - Danville (IF West can replace Greene, watch out)

Region 13 - Corbin

Region 14 - Powell Co.

Region 15 -Lawrence Co.

Region 16 -Greenup Co.

Anderson's pitching will be a question because they lost thier top 2 pitchers. However, they return 7 of thier position players and 4 pitchers that saw significant time last season.

11th region will not be run by Catholic again... jmo. They have lost to many key players and a Coach. Contenders will be, in no order.

1. Creek

2. LCA

3. Western Hills

4. Henry Clay (possible) Always very good! Herb is a good coach.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

What I heard from a "scout" was statiscally Connor is on top has the best "stuff" and located very well , projectability you go with Smith because of size. Isler is big hard thrower better get something to go with it. Nutini is ok. It will be interesting to say the least. I understand that these 4 mentioned are all on the same summer team!!! That will be a pretty nice staff!!!!!! All 4 are very good players indeed and anything can happen.

Honestly, and this is NO disrespect to Connor. I like him as a ball player. He is a good high school pitcher, but I don't see it happening on the next level for pitching. From multiple scouts, Smith and Isler are at the top. I honestly don't know who is below that, because that is all that was said and discussed. I think Nutini is a solid pitcher at this level as well, obviously his strength is the outfield, but he is def. a solid pitcher for CovCath. Isler is a hard thrower, but he has very little "stuff" to go with it for the past 2 years because of his injury/arm surgery. In the off season he has been working on that I hear. I like Smith's frame, he has the potential to grow with it, because he is tall and lanky, could put muscle on.

Honestly, and this is NO disrespect to Connor. I like him as a ball player. He is a good high school pitcher, but I don't see it happening on the next level for pitching. From multiple scouts, Smith and Isler are at the top. I honestly don't know who is below that, because that is all that was said and discussed. I think Nutini is a solid pitcher at this level as well, obviously his strength is the outfield, but he is def. a solid pitcher for CovCath. Isler is a hard thrower, but he has very little "stuff" to go with it for the past 2 years because of his injury/arm surgery. In the off season he has been working on that I hear. I like Smith's frame, he has the potential to grow with it, because he is tall and lanky, could put muscle on.
I believe Connor has the bragging rights at this point. But I believe all the above will have a chance to prove themselves. Lets see what happens between the lines. It should be a fun 9th region to watch again this year.

I believe Connor has the bragging rights at this point. But I believe all the above will have a chance to prove themselves. Lets see what happens between the lines. It should be a fun 9th region to watch again this year.

That's a very good post! And as I sadi earlier all are very good players. Sometimes people look at velocity and tend to forget about location.

11th region will not be run by Catholic again... jmo. They have lost to many key players and a Coach. Contenders will be, in no order.

1. Creek

2. LCA

3. Western Hills

4. Henry Clay (possible) Always very good! Herb is a good coach.

Western Hills is a good team but I can't see them contending for this region. They have the Riddle boy but outside of him they just don't have the pitching. Hitting and fielding they are not as good as the Lexington Schools. They will make the regional semifinals unless they draw the loser of the district with Creek, LCA, Dunbar, Lafayette, and Catholic.

Covington Catholic out of the 9th has to be the favorite. Obviously not guaranteed but if we're talking favorites or predictions you must go with the Colonels.

Agree. But no one will be handing it to them, and I don't see them as unbeatable. There are several teams in the 9th that will more than play with them.

Agree. But no one will be handing it to them, and I don't see them as unbeatable. There are several teams in the 9th that will more than play with them.

I hope they are go undefeated, esp in the 9th, but I don't think they will either. That being said, I think they are the clear favorite and will take it all in the end.

And I agree with Blue magic. Beechwood isn't going to surprise many I don't think. Average/good year, but not a great one.