Predictions for 2009 State Tourney

I would watch for Montgomery in the 10th, they have a lot of returning players including 2 very nice ones in Ty Combs and Cody Curtis.

Harrison returns seven starters from a state tournament appearance team. They also return two of their top three pitchers with great leadership in the infield and blazing speed in the outfield. This team should have no trouble winning to anyone in the 10th but I could see Montgomery upsetting them if anybody could.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isler is by no means "at the top". How do you figure that? I have seen the kid pitch since his frosh year and he was rocked everytime. He has nice velocity but his ball has no movement and he throws right down the plate each time. If you are basing that statement off of size, I guarantee you can find other pitchers in the 9th region who are alot stronger, and around the same height. Isler isnt even the best pitcher on that team, Nutini is a much better pitcher and more reliable than Isler.
Not sure what you've been watching. Isler is being recruited by some D1 and D2 schools for pitching. Nutini is being recruited mainly as an outfielder from what I have been told by some reliable sources. Both are great players and I expect them both to have great seasons. I watch both their high school and summer teams almost every game and neither gets "rocked" very often.

Anderson has to be the favorite in the 8th, but watch out for Oldham County. The Colonels have a lot of very good young kids in the current sophomore class...some of whom played varsity last year as freshmen. The Colonels at the end of the season may be the team to beat!

What does Henry County have coming back? They were a pretty darn good ball club last year.

Shelby County, of course, always fits into the discussion. Real impressed with some of their younger kids in their program last year.

Anderson has to be the favorite in the 8th, but watch out for Oldham County. The Colonels have a lot of very good young kids in the current sophomore class...some of whom played varsity last year as freshmen. The Colonels at the end of the season may be the team to beat!

What does Henry County have coming back? They were a pretty darn good ball club last year.

Shelby County, of course, always fits into the discussion. Real impressed with some of their younger kids in their program last year.

Henry lost 7 starters.

Harrison returns seven starters from a state tournament appearance team. They also return two of their top three pitchers with great leadership in the infield and blazing speed in the outfield. This team should have no trouble winning to anyone in the 10th but I could see Montgomery upsetting them if anybody could.

Does anyone know if the Isaac kid is playing this year? I know he played until his Junior year and then quit to focus on Football. If he plays will he be an impact player for the Breds or not? If I am not mistaken they may only have 2 or 3 Seniors on this years team who play much. Coach Whitaker should have no problem getting to 900 wins with 2 more seasons as he is sitting on 850 now if I am correct.

Best pitching staff in state goes to Bryan Station High. You all need to look for Brandon Boling 6'4 RHP Sr. could be drafted in pro draft from rounds 1-15. Has some of the best stuff out there. Boling has signed with Gardner Webb after being recruited by LSU, Louisville etc.

Bobby Bollmer 6'4 225 RHP Sr. at Bryan Station D-1 recruit as well

Chase Turner 6'1 180 LHP Sr. D-1 Recruit

In addition, Station has new coach with world of experience, Eddie Brooks at the helm

Look out....

Bullitt East may have more talent than PRP in the 6th region this year. BE needs to demonstrate that they can beat PRP in a big game. The 6th region is not super strong and PRP may be able to save Harper for a one game match-up.

Eastern and Trinity may be the front runners in the 7th, yet this is a tough region to get out of. Ballard, Manual, Male, and St. X could all have a shot at it and I guess you can’t fully count out Christian Academy. Male, Manual, and St. X are in the same district and one of those teams doesn’t go to the regional tournament. Last year it was Male.