Highlands Baseball

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are going to need to get some of those athletes who play other sports. You look at the Boone's, Ryle's, Beechies and they all have a good mix of multisport stars typically.

Off the top of my head I can only think of 5 players that don't play other sports, Daily's (2), Rizzo, Liggett and Sainola. All 5 of these players play baseball through the Fall. I'm only thinking of Varsity players however.

I think they are going to need to get some of those athletes who play other sports. You look at the Boone's, Ryle's, Beechies and they all have a good mix of multisport stars typically.

In due time they will come. After their regional title this coming season, others will see that they are for real and they will want to be part of something special. I'm a believer! Go Birds!

No pressure!:jump:

Who will the Birds have hurling this season outside of Sainola?

Not positive but I would say Head, Ligget, Rosenhagen, then probably some new guys coming out for the team. None with the same caliber as Sainola but still some pretty good arms to throw when needed.

Just got word that the Baseball team's Tues./Thurs. workout and conditioning program just took a hit. They lost the weight room to the 8th grade "60 minute Club". That is an after school weight conditioning club for future footb... UUUUHHH "athletes". Yeah that's it.

I'm guessing that since they lost Tues/Thurs, they will lift on Mon/Wed/Fri. I'm sure the coach will take this matter up with the schools AD. It's not right that a Varsity sport looses a spot to a Middle School "after school program".

Now you see the obstacles that Baseball faces. And please fellow Bird posters, don't get on here and stick up for the other program. If you have any school pride and commitment to excellence at all for all, then voice your concerns to the AD like I am. This is out of control!!!!:madman:

Just got word that the Baseball team's Tues./Thurs. workout and conditioning program just took a hit. They lost the weight room to the 8th grade "60 minute Club". That is an after school weight conditioning club for future footb... UUUUHHH "athletes". Yeah that's it.

I'm guessing that since they lost Tues/Thurs, they will lift on Mon/Wed/Fri. I'm sure the coach will take this matter up with the schools AD. It's not right that a Varsity sport looses a spot to a Middle School "after school program".

Now you see the obstacles that Baseball faces. And please fellow Bird posters, don't get on here and stick up for the other program. If you have any school pride and commitment to excellence at all for all, then voice your concerns to the AD like I am. This is out of control!!!!:madman:

Are you kidding me??? This kind of stuff has to stop or baseball at HHS will continue to be mediocre. :irked::irked:

It's the 8th grade are you kidding me? I know the 8th graders are the future but the future is now for baseball. Those guys start throwing in just over a moth and can't get into the weight room that's amazing. Something has to give if you want baseball to have a shot at all.