Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Baseball

Featured Replies

What big bats do the Birds bring to the plate this season? Sorry guys I got a little bored on the Title IX stuff. LOL

  • Replies 211
  • Views 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just google Title IX and you learn all you want to know, and some you don't want to know, about Title IX my friend.

 

I have and I'm familiar with the 3 prong approach. However, lots of questions still seem to be unanswered. I've emailed a Pitt law professor who specializes in Title IX.

I have and I'm familiar with the 3 prong approach. However, lots of questions still seem to be unanswered. I've emailed a Pitt law professor who specializes in Title IX.

 

 

 

Call me on my cell when you hear back I need the details ! Tonight !!!

 

Just kidding Clyde. I dig your posts. :D

Why is it that every time something goes wrong at Highlands it is either Dale's fault or football? Give me a break.:fire::fire:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Why is it that every time something goes wrong at Highlands it is either Dale's fault or football? Give me a break.:fire::fire:

 

Did you know that Dale Mueller is the Athletic Director at Highlands. Who else should people voice their concern about issues revolving around sports? Isn't that the AD's duties, to resolve problem issues and to make sure everything runs smoothly and according to plan. Trust me on this one, the weight room issue only got resolved because of communication between coaches, the AD, concerned parents, and the community. And that's a fact.

 

Oh by the way, isn't it nice to be able to talk about baseball in this community again and for the most part it's positive.

Call me on my cell when you hear back I need the details ! Tonight !!!

 

Just kidding Clyde. I dig your posts. :D

 

No offense at your dig, my man. Not riveting stuff but , hey, its certainly topical for a school that can't seem to figure out how to form a freshman baseball team like the rest of NKY. Heck, maybe HHS is the only one that is right on this issue. Who knows?

Did you know that Dale Mueller is the Athletic Director at Highlands. Who else should people voice their concern about issues revolving around sports? Isn't that the AD's duties, to resolve problem issues and to make sure everything runs smoothly and according to plan. Trust me on this one, the weight room issue only got resolved because of communication between coaches, the AD, concerned parents, and the community. And that's a fact.

 

Oh by the way, isn't it nice to be able to talk about baseball in this community again and for the most part it's positive.

 

I'm guessing Dale is not a BGP fan.

I'm guessing Dale is not a BGP fan.

 

But i'm guessing he has his little Birddogs.... And why wouldn't he

I know the 8th graders have regularly lifted on Tues and Thurs in the past, so it isn't a matter of the baseball team getting bumped. If anything its a matter of the baseball team bumping the 8th graders, which I am totally fine with because varsity sports should come first. But Blue Boy's initial post made it seem like the baseball team had used the weight room on those days and at those times in the past, which was not the case and unnecessarily got people on here lathered up.

 

 

Past I assume you mean over the last few years. I guess 14 or 15. Actually as of this school year, the baseball team has been working out on Tues./Thurs. since the beginning of school or very close to it. So again I would assume that the new coaching staff figured that since they have been doing it for a few months now that it would continue.

 

Actually it's nice to see the new staff put in place something that was needed in the off season and that is a workout program. It could only help. I too am glad everything was worked out but I will leave it at that as to how and why.

 

Things are changing my friend and it's a good thing. We all know what's "king" at Highlands and I'm on board. I promise you that. Just this sports fan likes to see Baseball get it's turn and it's turn is now.

 

You get the feeling there might be a little bit of pressure on the new staff this upcoming season to succeed. Good thing is, they got the right guy in trying to do it and the support of the school and community. And you know he's loving it.

 

GO BATBIRDS!!!

I'm guessing Dale is not a BGP fan.

 

Seriously?:sssh:

Past I assume you mean over the last few years. I guess 14 or 15. Actually as of this school year, the baseball team has been working out on Tues./Thurs. since the beginning of school or very close to it. So again I would assume that the new coaching staff figured that since they have been doing it for a few months now that it would continue.

 

Actually it's nice to see the new staff put in place something that was needed in the off season and that is a workout program. It could only help. I too am glad everything was worked out but I will leave it at that as to how and why.

 

Things are changing my friend and it's a good thing. We all know what's "king" at Highlands and I'm on board. I promise you that. Just this sports fan likes to see Baseball get it's turn and it's turn is now.

 

You get the feeling there might be a little bit of pressure on the new staff this upcoming season to succeed. Good thing is, they got the right guy in trying to do it and the support of the school and community. And you know he's loving it.

 

GO BATBIRDS!!!

 

You're assumption that I meant only the last few years when I said "past" would be incorrect, as I was aware that the middle schoolers had been lifting on Tues and Thurs for about the last 15 years.

 

Otherwise I agree with your post. I am totally supportive of the baseball program and want it to succeed. I'm glad that Jeremy has initiated the weight lifting program for the baseball players. Its should have been done years ago. I'm glad that things are changing for the baseball program and agree that it's a good thing. I'm glad that there has been a change in the Spring Break policy because I think the change will be helpful to baseball program. Feel free to contact Jeremy and ask him about my support for him and what he's trying to get accomplished if you doubt me on that. You just may be surprised by what he tells you about a person that doesn't even have a son in the baseball program.

 

What I don't like are the baseless claims and innuendos by people on here year after year after year that the football program/Dale is running roughshod over the baseball program. What happened with the weight room incident was a simple mistake in scheduling and nothing else. There was nothing malicious done by Dale or anyone else to favor football over baseball.

 

And having spent some time on the phone yesterday, I know how the scheduling conflict was easily and simply resolved. I don't think the e mails to Dale played a role in the resolution, but you may certainly disagree with that if you like.

 

 

Bottom line is that the baseball program is headed in the right direction with the right person in charge. Jeremy has the same zeal and enthusiasm for coaching that Dale, Willie and the rest of the coaches at Highlands have for their sports. And that is a good thing.

 

Let's quit bickering amongst one another and pull together to support all the sport team at Highlands. I don't want to win just a state championship in football; I want to win state championships in every sport.

You're assumption that I meant only the last few years when I said "past" would be incorrect, as I was aware that the middle schoolers had been lifting on Tues and Thurs for about the last 15 years.

 

Otherwise I agree with your post. I am totally supportive of the baseball program and want it to succeed. I'm glad that Jeremy has initiated the weight lifting program for the baseball players. Its should have been done years ago. I'm glad that things are changing for the baseball program and agree that it's a good thing. I'm glad that there has been a change in the Spring Break policy because I think the change will be helpful to baseball program. Feel free to contact Jeremy and ask him about my support for him and what he's trying to get accomplished if you doubt me on that. You just may be surprised by what he tells you about a person that doesn't even have a son in the baseball program.

 

What I don't like are the baseless claims and innuendos by people on here year after year after year that the football program/Dale is running roughshod over the baseball program. What happened with the weight room incident was a simple mistake in scheduling and nothing else. There was nothing malicious done by Dale or anyone else to favor football over baseball.

 

And having spent some time on the phone yesterday, I know how the scheduling conflict was easily and simply resolved. I don't think the e mails to Dale played a role in the resolution, but you may certainly disagree with that if you like.

 

 

Bottom line is that the baseball program is headed in the right direction with the right person in charge. Jeremy has the same zeal and enthusiasm for coaching that Dale, Willie and the rest of the coaches at Highlands have for their sports. And that is a good thing.

 

Let's quit bickering amongst one another and pull together to support all the sport team at Highlands. I don't want to win just a state championship in football; I want to win state championships in every sport.

 

:thumb: Works for me.

This may be way off base; but has anyone thought about starting something similar to the FTJFL for baseball? I know field availability is a big issue around here; but as effective as the FTJFL model has been for our football program, maybe it would work just as well for baseball.

 

Fort Thomas Jr Baseball League has been around for 50 years, same as the football league. However, it is very informal and geared mostly for kids who don't want to spend the time it takes to play in the higher level leagues.

Bottom line is that the baseball program is headed in the right direction with the right person in charge. Jeremy has the same zeal and enthusiasm for coaching that Dale, Willie and the rest of the coaches at Highlands have for their sports. And that is a good thing.

 

Let's quit bickering amongst one another and pull together to support all the sport team at Highlands. I don't want to win just a state championship in football; I want to win state championships in every sport.

 

Amen Brother! Let's everyone get behind the Batbirds. With a little bit of support there's no reason why this program can't be successful

I made a couple games last year after not attending for several years. I'm really looking forward to catching several of the Birds games this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.