Highlands Baseball

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the first year that the baseball team has lifted? I know the 6-8th graders have had the 60 minute club for years so I'm wondering why it hasn't been an issue in the past.

I know the 8th graders have regularly lifted on Tues and Thurs in the past, so it isn't a matter of the baseball team getting bumped. If anything its a matter of the baseball team bumping the 8th graders, which I am totally fine with because varsity sports should come first. But Blue Boy's initial post made it seem like the baseball team had used the weight room on those days and at those times in the past, which was not the case and unnecessarily got people on here lathered up.

I'm not surprised that things got worked out to accomodate both needs. Contrary to what some people think, Dale has ALWAYS tried to support the needs of the baseball program when the baseball coach has expressed those needs. I remember a situation last year where the baseball program couldn't practice in Death Valley. Some baseball fans got all upset that the pitchers didn't pitch outside in the end zone of the football field while the football team was practicing. The only problem was the former baseball coach didn't ask Mueller if that could happen and that's a fact. I'm quite confident that Mueller would have said "sure" if the former baseball coach had asked.

Lordy, some people get so worked up about stuff when there is nothing to get worked up over. In talking with Jeremy, I'm confident that he and Dale will work together in the best interest of the baseball program.

I know the 8th graders have regularly lifted on Tues and Thurs in the past, so it isn't a matter of the baseball team getting bumped. If anything its a matter of the baseball team bumping the 8th graders, which I am totally fine with because varsity sports should come first. But Blue Boy's initial post made it seem like the baseball team had used the weight room on those days and at those times in the past, which was not the case and unnecessarily got people on here lathered up.

I'm not surprised that things got worked out to accomodate both needs. Contrary to what some people think, Dale has ALWAYS tried to support the needs of the baseball program when the baseball coach has expressed those needs. I remember a situation last year where the baseball program couldn't practice in Death Valley. Some baseball fans got all upset that the pitchers didn't pitch outside in the end zone of the football field while the football team was practicing. The only problem was the former baseball coach didn't ask Mueller if that could happen and that's a fact. I'm quite confident that Mueller would have said "sure" if the former baseball coach had asked.

Lordy, some people get so worked up about stuff when there is nothing to get worked up over. In talking with Jeremy, I'm confident that he and Dale will work together in the best interest of the baseball program.

Great Post! Right on target!:thumb::thumb:

Who will the Birds have hurling this season outside of Sainola?

Are you talking Spring Break again? :laugh:

Seriously, SR. Jake Turner should also be in the mix for mound duties this year. Since his services to hoops were no longer needed, pre-season training should help him be ready right out of the gate!