Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Baseball

Featured Replies

  • Author

Maybe the coaches from years ago didn't care enough to get the team ready. Hense the reason we have a new coach. A coach that wants the best for his team.

  • Replies 211
  • Views 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would hope that an accomodation can be made so the baseball team can get their lifting done.

  • Author

I really hope your right. It just blows my mind that this has to be discussed. We are talking about an 8th grade weight room program or a varsity level baseball team. I just don't get it.

Got word this morning that weights have been worked out. Kudos to the AD for making it happen. Look what a little communication does. Glad to see he wants this program to move in the right direction and on to the promise land. :thumb:

Its funny how things can be accomplished in a timely manner...

Great response by the Highlands AD. Good to see Highlands baseball getting some attention.

Is this the first year that the baseball team has lifted? I know the 6-8th graders have had the 60 minute club for years so I'm wondering why it hasn't been an issue in the past.

 

I know the 8th graders have regularly lifted on Tues and Thurs in the past, so it isn't a matter of the baseball team getting bumped. If anything its a matter of the baseball team bumping the 8th graders, which I am totally fine with because varsity sports should come first. But Blue Boy's initial post made it seem like the baseball team had used the weight room on those days and at those times in the past, which was not the case and unnecessarily got people on here lathered up.

 

I'm not surprised that things got worked out to accomodate both needs. Contrary to what some people think, Dale has ALWAYS tried to support the needs of the baseball program when the baseball coach has expressed those needs. I remember a situation last year where the baseball program couldn't practice in Death Valley. Some baseball fans got all upset that the pitchers didn't pitch outside in the end zone of the football field while the football team was practicing. The only problem was the former baseball coach didn't ask Mueller if that could happen and that's a fact. I'm quite confident that Mueller would have said "sure" if the former baseball coach had asked.

 

Lordy, some people get so worked up about stuff when there is nothing to get worked up over. In talking with Jeremy, I'm confident that he and Dale will work together in the best interest of the baseball program.

I know the 8th graders have regularly lifted on Tues and Thurs in the past, so it isn't a matter of the baseball team getting bumped. If anything its a matter of the baseball team bumping the 8th graders, which I am totally fine with because varsity sports should come first. But Blue Boy's initial post made it seem like the baseball team had used the weight room on those days and at those times in the past, which was not the case and unnecessarily got people on here lathered up.

 

I'm not surprised that things got worked out to accomodate both needs. Contrary to what some people think, Dale has ALWAYS tried to support the needs of the baseball program when the baseball coach has expressed those needs. I remember a situation last year where the baseball program couldn't practice in Death Valley. Some baseball fans got all upset that the pitchers didn't pitch outside in the end zone of the football field while the football team was practicing. The only problem was the former baseball coach didn't ask Mueller if that could happen and that's a fact. I'm quite confident that Mueller would have said "sure" if the former baseball coach had asked.

 

Lordy, some people get so worked up about stuff when there is nothing to get worked up over. In talking with Jeremy, I'm confident that he and Dale will work together in the best interest of the baseball program.

 

Great Post! Right on target!:thumb::thumb:

Great Post! Right on target!:thumb::thumb:

 

This is the Baseball thread isn't it.............:sssh:

  • Author

Nice job Coach Baioni. Something you shouldn't have to deal with but got it done. Now just play baseball!

Who will the Birds have hurling this season outside of Sainola?

 

Are you talking Spring Break again? :laugh:

 

Seriously, SR. Jake Turner should also be in the mix for mound duties this year. Since his services to hoops were no longer needed, pre-season training should help him be ready right out of the gate!

I gotta admit that is pretty funny DMZ. Nice to hear Jake is playing baseball, he will definitely help the Birds this spring.

Anyone understand why there is no freshman baseball at Highlands? With most other schools having frosh ball, seems like a disadvantage for Highlands not to have one. Maybe title 9 concerns?

  • Author

That's another can of worms that needs to be open. There are only 5 teams up here that don't have a team and most of them have a hard time fielding a JV and Varsity team. There will be a team it just may take a little time that's all.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.