Mason County/Bourbon County JV Game

jefferson64

Bourbon has had ALOT of injuries this year. Bourbon has 40 players on their team. At the Mason/Bourbon JV game monday night Bourbon had 10 nonfreshman football players on the field. 3 of those were sick, 1 had a bad ankle and 1 had never played football in his life. Looked like Mason had 40 players. Bourbon kids really steped and showed that they have alot of fight in them. Good job Coach Barnes and the "tiny ten"

I could see doing it if you had a lot of injuries, but Bourbon had close to 70 players when I saw them.

Must have seen the 1998 team. Coach Poynter & Barnes are lucky to have 15 JV players. I heard that the "Commissioner" stripped Bourbon of the title and gave it to Mason and kicked them out of the conference for playing the Varsity QB (who is a junior), a violation of the "Commissioner's" rules. Maybe the "Commissioner" can kick Pike Central, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, Somerset, Lou. Central & Tilghman out of Class 3A, as well. Hail Caesar.

I don't know about Bourbon Co., that happens all over the state in all sports. I might add, for various reasons.

Mason typically pulls out some of the better players from JV play offs to save them for varsity play offs. Not sure how many if any this year.

Congrats to Bourbon.