Barker, Bonnafon, and Bolin impress at Elite 11

Looks like the state of Kentucky performed well in Columbus over the weekend as 247sports includes Conner's Drew Barker and Trinity's Reggie Bonnafon as only 3 underclassmen featured in a photo review of the elite 11 camp. Lexington Catholic's Kyle Bolin is also included and ranked 9th in 247's top 10 performers in the camp.

Inside the Ohio Elite 11

Ohio Elite 11 top performers

Yes, another service, scout.com had him top five and #1 overall underclassman.

Well congrats to Drew! I just found it on scout's website. It seems like their whole take on the best players from the camp were very different from 247's. The junior rankings are a world away from each other which is odd. Makes me wonder if one is going off of performance and the other potential. :idunno:

Well congrats to Drew! I just found it on scout's website. It seems like their whole take on the best players from the camp were very different from 247's. The junior rankings are a world away from each other which is odd. Makes me wonder if one is going off of performance and the other potential. :idunno:

If we could understand the logic they all use to evaluate these players these services would hire us!

Took out the important things from the rivals article so everyone can see.

DREW BARKER, BURLINGTON (KY.) CONNER (2014)

The 6-foot-3, 204-pound Barker has the classic pro-style quarterback look, from his size and build to his clean mechanics and natural throwing motion. Yet, Barker is still a year away from competing consistently at the level of the 2013 quarterbacks in attendance. He is not yet getting all the power in his throws that his size should provide, but an early offer from Louisville attests to the level of talent he possesses.

REGGIE BONNAFON, LOUISVILLE (KY.) TRINITY (2014)

Bonnafon is a name we were unfamiliar with coming in, but his play on Friday demanded attention. He has an athletic frame that could potentially project to other positions in college, but he threw the ball well at the Elite 11. Bonnafon would be able to start at almost any high school across the country next fall, but Trinity has three-star class of 2013 signal-caller Travis Wright on the roster, so Bonnafon expects to play most receiver and see some time in the Wildcat this fall.

Umm I don't know I know there were like 3 other qbs that came in with that class that I can think of Cody swabek is a receiver, woody Campbell is a te the jv backups name is boohey (sp) that's all I know.

Took out the important things from the rivals article so everyone can see.

I found the part about Barker not getting full power in his throws interesting. Assuming that is true then that ball is going to be screaming when he figures out how to get that full power.

Umm I don't know I know there were like 3 other qbs that came in with that class that I can think of Cody swabek is a receiver, woody Campbell is a te the jv backups name is boohey (sp) that's all I know.

I remember him saying that he chose T over X. I want to say his name was Ryan but I am not sure and I think he moved to Louisville in before 8th grade.