Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 68 Woodford County 35

Featured Replies

Johnson Central sets the record for rushing yards in a game with 775 yeards (710 the old record)

 

JJ Jude runs for 583 yards a new state record. (574 the old record)

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's just something about Coach Matney that rubs me the wrong way despite people I like and trust telling me he's a good guy.

 

I seem to remember him crying in 06 when they got beat by CCH when in a post-game huddle he talked about CCH "recruiting."

 

Last year at the end of the game when he was thumping the Colonels he ran a fake XP double-reverse pass for a 2-pt conversion.

 

Now he keeps a stud back in a game that was out of hand early.

 

I'm going to trust my instincts.

^There certainly seems to be more to this "story". Something just isn't adding up.

Not much class going on in this situation. I don't blame the kids its the coaches. Matney whines every time he loses.

First of all, congratulations to JJ Jude. I understand he is a great kid and he is definitely a great talent, so I am happy for him and wish him congratulations. What I am about to post has nothing to do with him.

 

That said, I was disappointed in Coach Matney's actions tonight and the lengths he went to in order to let Jude set this record. I listened to the last 5 minutes or so of this game and Matney made a mockery of this game and mocked Woodford Co's team in the process. It is one thing for records to be broken during fair play competition, it is another to do it at the cost of good sportsmanship.

 

Here is what happened from the point I picked it up on the radio. I have no idea what happened leading up to this point.

 

Leading 61-29, Johnson Central had the ball and Jude had about 490 yards on about 24 carries. They were feeding him the ball over and over trying to let him set a record LONG after the first string should have been removed. When JC scored again with about 3:45 to go in the game, Jude had 569 yards by the radio announcer's tabulation, which would have been 5 yards short of the record. So after the kickoff, the JC defense let Woodford score on their first play. The just didn't tackle the runner and let him run right by them for a long touchdown. Score was 68-35. I was hoping Woodford would just forfeit at this point. JC's starters came back in for the offense and Jude carried 3 or 4 times straight and he had 583, but still didn't come out of the game. Jude carried again for 58 yards according to the announcers, but a penalty flag brought the ball back. Matney then finally took him out of the game but there was some concern that he might be injured.

 

I was embarrassed for Coach Matney, whom I consider a good friend. I know he did it for this kid, but he blew it, IMO, and it was a poor decision.

There's just something about Coach Matney that rubs me the wrong way despite people I like and trust telling me he's a good guy.

 

I seem to remember him crying in 06 when they got beat by CCH when in a post-game huddle he talked about CCH "recruiting."

 

Last year at the end of the game when he was thumping the Colonels he ran a fake XP double-reverse pass for a 2-pt conversion.

 

Now he keeps a stud back in a game that was out of hand early.

 

I'm going to trust my instincts.

 

 

Add to that list last year against Boyle. When the Rebels won 49 to 7 he accused Boyle in the post game of running the score up because they passed the ball on long situations in a late drive. He failed to mention it was the JV offense vs. his first string defense. He then proceeded to proclaim that he would be buying out the contract and not play the Rebels in 2010. :idunno:

Congrats to JJ, it's a great accomplishment.

This is not a record that the JC community should be proud to own. It sounds pretty classless to not tackle a player and let the other team score so you can get the record.

 

 

Couldn't taint the congrats to JJ with posting this in the same post. You can't blame the young man.

Add to that list last year against Boyle. When the Rebels won 49 to 7 he accused Boyle in the post game of running the score up because they passed the ball on long situations in a late drive. He failed to mention it was the JV offense vs. his first string defense. He then proceeded to proclaim that he would be buying out the contract and not play the Rebels in 2010. :idunno:

 

Also add - when he lost to Ashland in 2005 on a muddy field he accused the Tomcats of using "mud cleats".

 

It seems his attitude is that nobody ever beats him "fair and square" - and if he gets a chance to "rub your nose in it" he always takes it.

 

Congratulations to JJ Jude and Johnson Central.

 

Leading 61-29, Johnson Central had the ball and Jude had about 490 yards on about 24 carries. They were feeding him the ball over and over trying to let him set a record LONG after the first string should have been removed. When JC scored again with about 3:45 to go in the game, Jude had 569 yards by the radio announcer's tabulation, which would have been 5 yards short of the record. So after the kickoff, the JC defense let Woodford score on their first play. The just didn't tackle the runner and let him run right by them for a long touchdown. .

 

What little respect I had just evaporated.

:lol:

First of all, congratulations to JJ Jude. I understand he is a great kid and he is definitely a great talent, so I am happy for him and wish him congratulations.

 

It is one thing for records to be broken during fair play competition, it is another to do it at the cost of good sportsmanship.

 

Matney then finally took him out of the game but there was some concern that he might be injured.

 

I was embarrassed for Coach Matney.

I picked these comments from your great post.......

#1. Absolutely congrats to this kid! :thumb:

 

2. I agree, a complete classless move.

 

3. Coah Matney is the one that should be embarrassed :rolleyes:

 

Add to that list last year against Boyle. When the Rebels won 49 to 7 he accused Boyle in the post game of running the score up because they passed the ball on long situations in a late drive. He failed to mention it was the JV offense vs. his first string defense. He then proceeded to proclaim that he would be buying out the contract and not play the Rebels in 2010. :idunno:
I think that I might know, it sounds like he can "dish it out" but can't take it. :sssh::lol:

 

This is not a record that the JC community should be proud to own.

 

Couldn't taint the congrats to JJ with posting this in the same post. You can't blame the young man.

I agree, the JC fan base not only should be embarrassed but imo should be flat out mad as well at hir classles coach. JMO

 

This absolutely does not apply to Jude, a fine football player that was playing hard and doing what he is supposed to do. This one is all on the coach.

 

Also add - when he lost to Ashland in 2005 on a muddy field he accused the Tomcats of using "mud cleats".

 

It seems his attitude is that nobody ever beats him "fair and square" - and if he gets a chance to "rub your nose in it" he always takes it.

.

Again........A classless coach, when you get beat then say so, give congrats to the opponet and move on.

What little respect I had just evaporated.

Count me in on that as well. :thumb:. I hate it for the kids but I would be a liar if I said I hope JC goes a long way through the playoffs. Actually I hope they have a very quick exit.

 

On another thread about possible teams that Raceland could schedule, a couple of people suggested JCHS. I would imediately remove them from any possibility. Not bc Raceland would more than likely lose the game by a big margin. I have beaten bad before. I would not schedule a school with this classless of a man for a coach!

Should m comments have been too strong then I apologize to any JC parent/fanthat may be offended by my outburst (I have the right to remain silent, just not the ability sometimes :sssh::sssh::D)and especially to the young Mr. Jude....a great football player.

So after the kickoff, the JC defense let Woodford score on their first play. The just didn't tackle the runner and let him run right by them for a long touchdown.

 

If this is true, that is truely pathetic.

I can't imagine what was running through the mind of the Woodford Co head coach as Coach Matney made a mockery of the game. Had I been the head coach there would have been a darn good chance my team would have been pulled from the field after the "don't tackle them" call. That's embarrassing to the WC players as well.

 

I'm not saying it would have been the right decision but it probably would have been the one I would have made.

I can't imagine what was running through the mind of the Woodford Co head coach as Coach Matney made a mockery of the game. Had I been the head coach there would have been a darn good chance my team would have been pulled from the field after the "don't tackle them" call. That's embarrassing to the WC players as well.

 

I'm not saying it would have been the right decision but it probably would have been the one I would have made.

 

Now that I think about it, that would have been a great way to send a message to Matney. A forfeit would show as a 1-0 loss and no records would count. (Can't swear to that, but it's the only ending I can come up with.)

High School sports (or any sport for that matter) isn't suppose to be like this. I hate to hear this stuff about JC, especially for the Jude kid because it's not his fault the game played out as it did. What a shame. Can't the administration do something about this, or is the W/L column the only thing that matters there?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.