Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who all is playing up in next years alignment?

Featured Replies

I know we are a little less than a month from getting district info. I was just wondering if you know anyone that is moving up.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im willing to bet that a couple 4a teams will petition to move to 5a next season!

For my understanding no one will be allowed to play up.

Im willing to bet that a couple 4a teams will petition to move to 5a next season!

 

Funny you should say that. There are several teams who have already petitioned to move up. Guess what most of them have in common?

So far, these teams have asked to move up because of (ahem) geographical reasons

 

Boyle Co (4A to 5A)

Johnson Central (4A to 5A)

Lexington Catholic (4A to 5A)

Cooper (4A to 5A)

Harrison County (4A to 5A)

Greenwood (5A to 6A)

Ohio County (5A to 6A)

 

There is sure to be more before the Oct 18 BOC meeting when the KHSAA will begin to finalize everything.

Boyle County petitioned to move up? Interesting.

Boyle County petitioned to move up? Interesting.

 

According to the Herald-Leader they did. I can't imagine they'll get approved considering Mercer County and Marion County are both going to be in 4A.

According to the Herald-Leader they did. I can't imagine they'll get approved considering Mercer County and Marion County are both going to be in 4A.

 

I can't either but I think with Catholic petitioning also they may attempt to keep their district intact. Looking at your proposal it would make more sense seeing as how you have Russell County and Taylor County in the Boyle district which are both at least 1 hour drives but the 30 minutes and less drives to Marion and Mercer don't help.

Catholic looks to have decent case. I'll be surprised if Boyle is approved.

I can't either but I think with Catholic petitioning also they may attempt to keep their district intact. Looking at your proposal it would make more sense seeing as how you have Russell County and Taylor County in the Boyle district which are both at least 1 hour drives but the 30 minutes and less drives to Marion and Mercer don't help.

Catholic looks to have decent case. I'll be surprised if Boyle is approved.

 

I believe you are right. I don't think Boyle will get bumped up at all, but Catholic might. In all likelihood, I think Catholic and Boyle will both stay and will play with Marion, Mercer, and maybe Taylor. Russell County will likely get shifted west.

I believe you are right. I don't think Boyle will get bumped up at all, but Catholic might. In all likelihood, I think Catholic and Boyle will both stay and will play with Marion, Mercer, and maybe Taylor. Russell County will likely get shifted west.

 

I think I'd rather drive to Russell County than Taylor County.

I thought Cooper was 6A.

 

Cooper was started as a 6A school but with this re-alignment they are using Cooper's first two years to place them. With Cooper's current enrollment though, they would be a 5A school.

Cooper was started as a 6A school but with this re-alignment they are using Cooper's first two years to place them. With Cooper's current enrollment though, they would be a 5A school.

 

4A.

Why is Boyle wanting to move up to 5A?

 

I have no idea. This was the first I have heard of it. I am sure despite the digging I'll do the standard reply will be geography reasons but my gut tells me because 5A looks easier. You can't help but think that and that is disappointing.

4A.

 

With their current school enrollment, Cooper would be a 5A school. They are currently listed as a 4A for next year because of numbers used from the first two years of the schools young life. Current enrollment would put Cooper at a 5A size.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.