JC Alumni 76

Who wins?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will JC handle the speed factor of Woodford?

JC played very good and very fast Wheelersburg team last week. I think they will handle the speed just fine. Can Woodford Co shut down the JC offense is the big question.

Johnson Central 35

Woodford Co 14

How will JC handle the speed factor of Woodford?

Johnson Central has demonstrated that they have lots of speed as well. So I dont see Woodford showing them something that they havent seen. JC faced a very good dual threat QB last week at Wheelersburg in Spradlin just as it will this week with Duckworth. Lewis is a big playmaker as well but the corners and safety's of JC will do a good job of blanketing him with man and zone coverages. Look for JC's Ian Welch to provide alot of coverage on Lewis. An explosive team like Woodford is going to have big plays, thats a given, but JC I believe will wear them down and then blow this game open. Woodford was behind twice in the game with Bryan Station and allowed Station to move the ball all night. JC should have no problem. My prediction:

Johnson Central: 42

Woodford Co.: 21

I don't think JC has seen as much speed that Woodford may bring. From what I have been hearing they play fast and have a fast offensive. I know JC will run the ball well - but can they really stop a good offensive with speedy recievers?

They already have. See Wheelersbug.

My guess is that Woodford County is the best regular-season opponent Johnson Central has faced in the last three seasons. This is one of the more intriguing matchups in the state this week.

Again see Wheelersburg. That win was extremely impressive. Those around Southern Ohio and NE Kentucky know how good the Pirates are. And to win at the Burg is no small task.

Again see Wheelersburg. That win was extremely impressive. Those around Southern Ohio and NE Kentucky know how good the Pirates are. And to win at the Burg is no small task.
I don't doubt that they have a good program, but Wheelersburg is Division V, which puts their enrollment at something around one third or one half that of Johnson Central.

Woodford County is a solid 5A team that was 4A last year and is accustomed to playing at this level, against big-school teams.

I'll stand by my statement.