Who wins?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking 2005, 2006 and 2007 ...

Well I guess that the fact that Jim Matney was at the helm in '04 of a pretty good 4A Johnson Central team means nothing? He and the Golden Eagles have played the "Big" boys.

7-3 was the record that year and 3-3 against big-school teams" of North, South Laurel and Madison Central and others. Point is they've been there done that and had success. True, they missed the playoffs that year, but to say a quality Divison V school in Ohio is no test to a 5A school in Kentucky and that JC hasn't played with the big boys is uninformed at best.

Well I guess that the fact that Jim Matney was at the helm in '04 of a pretty good 4A Johnson Central team means nothing? He and the Golden Eagles have played the "Big" boys.
My comment was about the last three seasons ... period. That is also the time frame in which Johnson Central's schedule has been seriously scrutinized on here.

but to say a quality Divison V school in Ohio is no test to a 5A school in Kentucky and that JC hasn't played with the big boys is uninformed at best.
I said neither.

I don't doubt that they have a good program, but Wheelersburg is Division V, which puts their enrollment at something around one third or one half that of Johnson Central.

Woodford County is a solid 5A team that was 4A last year and is accustomed to playing at this level, against big-school teams.

I'll stand by my statement.

Or about the same size as Beechwood. Who would you give the advantage to in that one? Wheelersburg and Ironton, although small schools have been the powerhouses of Southern Ohio. People can get caught up in school size. It means less in Ohio. Open enrollment has made it that way.

Woodford Co I would be willing to bet is not as good as Wheelersburg. Regardless of what class each is in.

Again see Wheelersburg. That win was extremely impressive. Those around Southern Ohio and NE Kentucky know how good the Pirates are. And to win at the Burg is no small task.

I, like you, would be surprised if Johnson Central does not win by a bigger margin then 14-3.

It looks like the Woodford/Bryan Station was a decent game, with only pulling out a 12 point win. I was at the JC/BS game and it was never close. I look for Woodford to hit some big plays, but as long as JC does not shoot themselves in the foot(turning the ball over, which they have a little too much), I see the Eagles winning with ease.

JC 42

WC 21

:ylsuper:

I hope the game is close for Johnson Central's sake. I fully expect these two teams to meet again in the playoffs. A blowout for Johnson Centralwould be of no benefit...see Ashland/Johnson Central last season. The Golden Eagles blew out Ashland during the regular season last year and Ashland played Johnson Central extremely close in the playoffs in a game they easily could have won given the circumstances.

Here's hoping for a close one...

JC 28

WC 21

I hope the game is close for Johnson Central's sake. I fully expect these two teams to meet again in the playoffs. A blowout for Johnson Centralwould be of no benefit...see Ashland/Johnson Central last season. The Golden Eagles blew out Ashland during the regular season last year and Ashland played Johnson Central extremely close in the playoffs in a game they easily could have won given the circumstances.

Here's hoping for a close one...

JC 28

WC 21

I can understand you point but I feel JC needs to come out and make a statement in this game. I think some people still have doubts about this JC team. Dont get me wrong, we arent where we were last year at this time, but IMO this team has more talent and upside than last years squad and I believe this game will go along way of proving that. Woodford Co. struggled last week with Bryan Station. Now that could have been because they were looking ahead at this matchup. I just honestly think that JC is 2-3 TD's better than Woodford Co. and with this one at The Nest, I just think JC will take care of its business and make a statement with this one.