Everything posted by KHS GameNight
-
Class 4A State Championship: South Warren 36 Johnson Central 6
Congrats SW. JC will go back to work this off season and hit it again next year. Spring practice is only 4 months away. We hope to see you guys again this time next year. Again...congrats.
-
South Warren/Johnson Central Updates
South Warren is as advertised. Excellent football team.
-
Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
Workman is a great kid and quiet leader both on and off the field. I don't know that I have heard him say 5 words all season long. He is not a "rah-rah" guy. He just steps on the field and lets his play speak for him. I am so glad he has the opportunity to play on the big stage in his final high school game.
-
Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
I don't think it will be easy. But I also don't think SW will be able to stack the box either.
-
Johnson Central - "don't get no respect."
I think the point that TheDarkness was shooting for is that Brandon Smith grew up in a program that was viewed throughout the state as a powerhouse program, which was deserved. They were viewed in that light based what they accomplished, not on what they failed to accomplish. Johnson Central is a different story. While Matney has done nothing but win since he arrived at JC, the program has been characterized not by the undefeated seasons, multiple District and Regional Titles and playoff success, but rather the inability to surpass one of the greatest programs in the history of Kentucky. Even our own local television station, one that prides itself on positive coverage for mountain kids, made the statement on air that it didn't matter that JC advanced another round in the playoff last year because "they couldn't beat Covington Catholic". That is despite the fact that under Jim Matney JC has a .500 record against the Cov Cath. You will probably disagree with me but I don't believe his statement was negative toward Brandon Smith. It was merely to point out the different paths these two coaches have taken.
-
Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
I think JC's passing game will make it easier to run on SW. EASIER not EASY. This is not the same Johnson Central attack that teams have seen in the past and I really hope that SW comes into this game thinking that all they have to do is stop the run. SW will be the best team JC has faced so far and I believe JC will be the best team SW has faced this season. I disagree with the assertion that SW defense is "SIGNIFICANTLY" better. But, I will find out Sunday night if that is the case. Good luck to SW. See you in Bowling Green.
-
Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
I know, right...Isn't it a shame that Johnson Central doesn't have a QB/Receiver combo capable of completing a pass? If only the Golden Eagles' passing attack was as potent as South Warren's. Oh...wait... SW JC The Golden Eagles are averaging more yards per game through the air. Their leading receiver has more than twice the amount of total yards this year than any SW receiver. Factor in that SW has played one more game as a team and that Workman sat out two games due to injury and I would argue that JC's passing game is better than SW's. It's definitely more efficient.
-
Class 1A State Championship: Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28
Huge congrats to the Pikeville Panthers!!!
-
Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?
I hope they have it. Must listen to radio.
-
Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?
I don't believe he will be asked the question.
-
Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?
Kash is going to be on WLAP Sunday Morning Sports Talk this week with Larry Vaught and the guys. It would be interesting if they were to ask about his injury and why he didn't play against Pikeville. But they are not know for hard-hitting journalism on the radio show.
-
Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?
Guru beat me to it.
-
Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?
- Johnson Central - "don't get no respect."
I know...isn't it awful when a coach plays within the rules?!? Most coaches probably didn't even know that was a rule. Don't forget about the 89-yard punt...that has to be Matney's fault too.- Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
- Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
JC Alumni 76 is correct. Workman no longer plays both ways. Blanton and Tyrese Allen play both ways.- Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
JC has two players that play both ways.- Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
Pure class...- Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
This is awesome!! Keep 'em coming...please!!!- Final 2009-10 alignment approved
- 2008 Carroll County
I really like the Carroll County Coaching Staff. Coach Weedman does a great job and we know Coach Dale will have his guys ready to go on defense.- Lawrence Co??
Lawrence County has a GREAT chance to make it to Applebees Park. With the three studs they have to send to the mound on any given night they are in great shape to make a run to the state tournament. BTW...they have been pounding the baseball as of late.- Baseball Games Online
Every game of the 15th Region Baseball Tournament can be heard on 98.9 WSIP. Online at http://www.wsipfm.com- 59th and 60th to combine into a 6 team "Super District"
I just spoke with the KHSAA and the move is official. LEXINGTON, KY - The Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) approved a measure earlier this week that will change the current district alignment in the 15th Region and increase the number of teams that will compete in the regional tournament. The rest of the story is available at http://www.khsgamenight.com- Talk Radio
Same scenario for us. We may talk about the problem or situation but we never mention names of student athletes involved. When dealing with High School Sports and high school athletes we all need to remember that, as media, we are there to promote high school athletics not tear them down by focusing on the negatives. There is too much good out there to focus only on the problems. - Johnson Central - "don't get no respect."