Final 2009-10 alignment approved

Johnson Central was denied a move to 4A.

Madisonville will move from 6A down to 5A

East Carter moves up to 4A

Rose Hill will be in Class 1A District 5 and eligible for district play in 2009

Moved Berea from district 5 to district 6 in 1A

Approved placing Bryan Station, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar and Scott County in one district, and George Rogers Clark, Henry Clay, Madison Central and Tates Creek in the other 6A district.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson Central was denied a move to 5A.

Approved placing Bryan Station, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar and Scott County in one district, and George Rogers Clark, Henry Clay, Madison Central and Tates Creek in the other 6A district.

Johnson Central wanted to move down to 4a, not to move into 5a Edited by Watusi

Johnson Central was denied a move to 5A.
Actually, they were seeking to move down to 4A, even though their enrollment puts them in 5A.

I guess they don't think the same rules apply to them as everyone else ... imagine that.

Johnson Central was denied a move to 4A.

This one (Class 1A, D5)is certainly going to be mixed feelings and seem odd with Bill Tom Ross on the opposite sideline from Raceland. I guess if a few years ago when Vic Marsh was on the Boyd Co. sideline vs. Ashland there were some of the same kind of feelings. I think that Raceland and Rose Hill and Bill Tom will survive it though :D.

I wish the R.H. Royals all the luck in the world except when you play Raceland. I hope that Bill Tom wins em' all except for that one and I know that he understands that as well and wouldn't expect anything else.:thumb:......:lol:

I like the realignment overall, but can anyone come up with a good reason why North Laurel isn't in District 7 with South Laurel?

Could it be that North Laurel sits right next to Clay County and the line has to be drawn somewhere?

Could it be that North Laurel sits right next to Clay County and the line has to be drawn somewhere?

It would seem to make a lot more sense for South Laurel to be in that district with North Laurel and Clay Co. instead of Whitley Co.

Actually, they were seeking to move down to 4A, even though their enrollment puts them in 5A.

I guess they don't think the same rules apply to them as everyone else ... imagine that.

I believe that their argument may have been that the current enrollment at Johnson Central would put them in 4A instead of 5A plus it fit better geographically.

The KHSAA is using the 2 year average enrollment that includes the school years 2005-06 and 2006-07, which to me means that they are basing the classification on the past three graduating classes plus this coming year's senior class.

It would seem to make more sense to base the classes on the number of students currently eligible to play instead of the ones who have already played..........similar to the way Ohio does it. I also thought that I read they were only counting the male enrollment, but that is apparently not the case.

Wouldn't it be easier to draw it at the Clay County line and keep two schools in the same city and school district in the same football district? I'm guessing North is closer to the 12th Region schools than South.

Like I said earlier though, I think the KHSAA did a great job with the alignment. One complaint out of the entire state isn't bad.

It would seem to make a lot more sense for South Laurel to be in that district with North Laurel and Clay Co. instead of Whitley Co.

Someone challenged me to divide it up better last year when I complained about the Laurel split, and I suggested Whitley moving to District 7. They didn't have a response for that. It would work, just as moving North to District 7 would work.

I think that North and South Laurel should be in the same district as well. They still play each other every year. I believe I know why this was done, and it goes back to the Laurel's moving from the 12th to the 13th in basketball a few years ago. They were split to ease the tension created in the 13th when they did move by seperating them because at the time, they were the 2 best teams in the 12th and some teams in the 13th did not want them. I guess the KHSAA figures if they split them up for hoops they had to for football as well. But I agree, they should be in the same district IMHO. Same happened with softball and baseball, same county, different districts.