Final 2009-10 alignment approved

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be easier to draw it at the Clay County line and keep two schools in the same city and school district in the same football district? I'm guessing North is closer to the 12th Region schools than South.

Like I said earlier though, I think the KHSAA did a great job with the alignment. One complaint out of the entire state isn't bad.

Now if the could just get someone to proofread their correspondence (:rolleyes:)

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009and2010footballalignment.pdf

FINAL FOOTBALL ALIGNMENT FOR 2009 AND 2010 PLAYING SEASONS

CLASS 1A

District-1-1- Ballard Memorial, Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield

District-1-2- Beth Haven, Bethlehem, Caverna, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

District-1-3- Beechwood, Bellevue, Bishop Brossart, Dayton, Ludlow, Walton-Verona

District-1-4- Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Gallatin County, Trimble County

District-1-5- Fairview, Lexington Christian, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland, Rose Hill Christian

District-1-6- Berea, Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg

District-1-7- Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

District-1-8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

CLASS 2A

District-2-1- Caldwell County, Heath, Murray, Reidland, Trigg County

District-2-2- Fort Campbell, Hancock County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

District-2-3- Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District-2-4- Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

District-2-5- Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Owen County

District-2-6- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District-2-7- Bath County, Morgan County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

District-2-8- Corbin, Knott County Central, Leslie County, Middlesboro

CLASS 3A

District-3-1- McLean County, Muhlenberg South, Paducah Tilghman, Union County, Webster County

District-3-2- Adair County, Butler County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Russellville

District-3-3- Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Shawnee

District-3-4- Henry County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Western Hills

District-3-5- Casey County, Garrard County, Jackson County, Somerset, Taylor County, Wayne County

District-3-6- Breathitt County, Estill County, Magoffin County, Powell County

District-3-7- Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, Russell, West Carter

District-3-8- Belfry, East Ridge, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

CLASS 4A

District-4-1- Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Lone Oak, Muhlenberg North

District-4-2- Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, Logan County, Russell County, Warren East

District-4-3- Atherton, Breckinridge County, Fairdale, Valley, Western

District-4-4- Bullitt East, Larue County, Marion County, North Bullitt

District-4-5- Bourbon County, Franklin County, Harrison County, Pendleton County

District-4-6- Boyle County, East Jessamine, Lexington Catholic, West Jessamine

District-4-7- Bell County, Knox Central, Madison Southern, McCreary Central, Rockcastle County

District-4-8- Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Lawrence County, Rowan County

CLASS 5A

District-5-1- Christian County, Hopkinsville, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Ohio County, Owensboro

District-5-2- Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Warren Central

District-5-3- Bullitt Central, Doss, Iroquois, John Hardin, Waggener

District-5-4- Anderson County, Grant County, Jeffersontown, Oldham County, South Oldham

District-5-5- Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Holmes, Scott

District-5-6- Ashland Blazer, Johnson Central, Montgomery County, Woodford County

District-5-7- Lincoln County, Mercer County, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

District-5-8- Clay County, Harlan County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Whitley County

CLASS 6A

District-6-1- Apollo, Daviess County, Graves County, Henderson County, Marshall County

District-6-2- Central Hardin, Greenwood, Meade County, Nelson County, North Hardin

District-6-3- Butler, DuPont Manual, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier

District-6-4- Fern Creek, Male, Shelby County, Southern

District-6-5- Ballard, Eastern, Seneca, Trinity (Louisville)

District-6-6- Boone County, Campbell County, Conner, Cooper, Ryle, Simon Kenton

District 6-7- Bryan Station, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar, Scott County

District 6-8- George Rogers Clark, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Tates Creek

Not competing – Evangel Christian

Bracken County needs to be put into District 1-3,if for no other reason than travel. Every one of those teams in District 1-4 is close to 3 and a half to 4 hour round trip,while the Northern Kentucky District 1-3 would cut the round trip travel in half,surprised the AD's of all of those schools aren't complaining and trying to get this change made

Bracken County needs to be put into District 1-3,if for no other reason than travel. Every one of those teams in District 1-4 is close to 3 and a half to 4 hour round trip,while the Northern Kentucky District 1-3 would cut the round trip travel in half,surprised the AD's of all of those schools aren't complaining and trying to get this change made

One could also make a case for 1-5. However, there are already 6 teams in each of those districts, so there would have to be some sort of domino effect.

Very glad to see Belfry will only have to play 3 district games.

Just hope they can take advantage of the extra non distrist game to get a solid opponent on the schedule.

They might run into scheduling difficulties with only three district games. As you know, teams aren't chomping at the bit to come to Belfry!

I would put Bracken County in District 5 and move Lexington Christian over to District 3.

Johnson Central was denied a move to 4A.

Madisonville will move from 6A down to 5A

East Carter moves up to 4A

Rose Hill will be in Class 1A District 5 and eligible for district play in 2009

Moved Berea from district 5 to district 6 in 1A

Approved placing Bryan Station, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar and Scott County in one district, and George Rogers Clark, Henry Clay, Madison Central and Tates Creek in the other 6A district.

That makes a lot of sense. Considering gas is going to $5 a gallon soon, and the KHSAA has stated that districts are to be divided by Geographic Location wouldn't it make more sense to leave the Lexington schools in one district and place the others in a second district. Madison Central is on the complete opposite side of Lexington in reference to Tates Creek. Someone needs to explain that one to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the Lexington schools playing one another for the rivalry games as well. I am sure the Lexington kids would rather play other Lex kids than travel to GRC, Scott Co, and Mad Cent...

That makes a lot of sense. Considering gas is going to $5 a gallon soon, and the KHSAA has stated that districts are to be divided by Geographic Location wouldn't it make more sense to leave the Lexington schools in one district and place the others in a second district. Madison Central is on the complete opposite side of Lexington in reference to Tates Creek. Someone needs to explain that one to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the Lexington schools playing one another for the rivalry games as well. I am sure the Lexington kids would rather play other Lex kids than travel to GRC, Scott Co, and Mad Cent...

Not true, Tates Creek is in extreme south Lexington, take Man-O-War to Richmond its a straight shot to I-75. If its heavy traffic it would take just as long to travel to Bryan Station as Madison Central based upon the bus routes Fayette Co. drivers take.

Tates Creek and Henry Clay are extremely close to one another. Tates Creek Middle School is almost a 50/50 split between TCHS and HCHS.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I still wish they would go to the 5 class system...With 223 competing teams, you could have 48 teams in each of the smaller classes and then the 32 biggest in the 5a class, since that's where the biggest disparity in size is... That would be 6 teams in each of the 8 districts and 4 teams in each of the 8 districts in the 5a class... I think it would also make sense to allow teams to play down or up 1 class only... In other words, just say for example, the # 300 was used... Any team with under 300 students would have the option to play in 1a, even if they weren't 1 of the 48 smaller schools... At the same time, any team, who would be classified as 1 of the smaller 48 schools, could opt to play up to 2a... You could use different #s for the middle and upper classes, such as 500 or 700... The actual # would have to be figured in beforehand... I also believe the privates should have to factor in at 1.5%, much like Tn uses, except they use a 1.75% factor...

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to replay to your post long ago GCHS_09.

IMO, considering the understandable trend of the Belfry program to want to schedule non-district games relatively close to home, I would hope this "extra" game would be an exception to that general policy.

Even if they had to travel every year, IMO, having that extra non-district game gives the Pirates the oppurtunity to get out in the state, play some top notch competition AND give the fans a road trip to really look forward to.

Teams like Clark Co.(GRC), Madison Central, Lafeyette (or similar Lexington teams) AND Scott Co. would be GREAT additions to a Pirate Schedule IMO.

With the completion of U.S. 23 last year, it would now be essentially a 3 hour 15 minutes bus ride for a Lexington team (or Madison Central/Scott Co.) and less than 3 hours for GRC.

Just seems like this could be accomplished.

BUT, a decent alternative would be to get a long term contract with Letcher County Central.